Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/Places and forms of power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Places and forms of power
Message de fafnir posté le 16-04-2017 à 11:55:15 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Je suis élève en Terminale S et je passe mes oraux d'anglais début mai.
J'ai déjà préparé la notion "Places and forms of power" et j'aurais aimé savoir s'il était possible que quelqu'un m'indique les fautes pour que je puisse les corriger.
Merci d'avance!

The notion I’m going to deal with is places and forms of power. First of all, “power” is the ability to influence the behavior of people and to make things happen despite obstacles, resistance or opposition. It helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. “Places” can be important buildings, institutions, countries or states, which represent a certain form of power. To illustrate this notion, I will talk about the power and the value of money. We can wonder how does money affect our lives and our actions? First, I will explain to what extent money allows us to help the poorest. Then, I will reflect on the fact that money can also be a source of conflicts.

To begin with, it's a well-known fact that more than half of the world's population lives with less than $2 a day. To combat this inequality, some people decide to help the poorest to have a better life. To illustrate this idea I would refer to a text taken from “Eat, Pray, Love”, written by Elizabet Gilbert, in which a woman didn't want an usual birthday celebration and decided to collect money for a cause. Indeed, she asks her friends and family to give her money to buy a house for Indonesians instead of giving her gifts or a stupid birthday party. Another text which illustrates this idea is “A change of heart”. After he learned that he will die from his wounds in a few years, the main character of the story planned to spend all his money to help poor children to have a better a life. He bought books, rugby balls and cricket bats and taught English and the skills of rugby or cricket to children. To put it in a nutshell, these two examples show that charity is important and that we have to help the poorest to have a better life.

Nevertheless, we have to consider the seamy side of money. Indeed, some people can quickly become addicted to money. They want to get as much money as possible. For instance, Treasure, the girl of the document “Treasure”, wastes her mother's money on useless things like snacks or make-up. She's a shopaholic. Treasure's mother wants her daughter to understand that money doesn't come from heaven. However, Treasure leads her mother by the nose and gets all the money she wants. Thereby, Treasure's behavior created tensions within the family.

To conclude, in my opinion money can have beneficial effects when it's used for a good cause and to help people in need. Yet, it should be borne in mind that it can also be dangerous when people give too much importance to money and when money orders their lives. To my mind, people have to find the happy medium.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-04-2017 14:59

Réponse : Bac/Places and forms of power de laure95, postée le 17-04-2017 à 17:56:49 (S | E)
Bonsoir,
- I will talk about the (enlever the)power and the value of money.
- We can wonder how does money affect our lives and our actions?: si tu utilises "we can Wonder", tu dois faire une question indirecte.

- To combat (or to fight against)this inequality,
- Indeed, she asks (continue au passé)her friends
- Indonesians: Indonesian people.
- After he learned that he will (conditionel)die from his wounds in a few years,
- to have a better life: répétition.

- Treasure's behavior (has)created tensions within the family.

Réponse : Bac/Places and forms of power de fafnir, postée le 18-04-2017 à 12:36:02 (S | E)
Bonjour, encore merci!
Donc si je corrige mes fautes :
- I will talk about power and value of money
- We can wonder to what extent money affect our lives and our actions.
- After he learned that he would die from his wounds in a few years
Est-ce correct ?

Réponse : Bac/Places and forms of power de laure95, postée le 18-04-2017 à 16:01:48 (S | E)
Bonjour,
We can wonder to what extent money affect(faute de conjugaison) our lives and our actions

Réponse : Bac/Places and forms of power de fafnir, postée le 18-04-2017 à 21:13:19 (S | E)
Ah oui, effectivement
Merci et bonne soirée!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux