Cliquez ici pour revenir à l'accueil... Créer un test / 1 leçon par semaine
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
4 millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]


Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !



- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Imprimer
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site




> Publicités :




> Partenaires :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites
   


Notion of progress/aide (1)

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

Ce sujet est fermé. Vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.


Notion of progress/aide
Message de sarilou posté le 28-04-2017 à 20:32:13
Bonjour,
Pouvez-vous me corriger mon oral sur notion of progress s'il vous plaît? Je trouve que j'ai pas mal d'expressions calquées sur le français si vous vouliez bien les corriger...
Merci d'avance

Intro: I am going to talk about the notion of progress. First of all, I would like to give a definition of the progress. The progress is a global transition of the world from its current state to a better state in all fields but especially in science. Indeed, progress always refers to scientist and engineers. Workers who want to improve the society we live in and try to give happiness to everyone. So their aim is perfection. They want the world as perfect as possible, like an utopia. Nowadays, people can design their babies with these news scientific advances. But babies are humans and we usually design things. So this concept can be a retreat for humanity. In this case, can we accept all news scientific advances? Is this progress only a positive thing?

Scientists understood same secrets of the human body and also the usefulness of DNA. So they created or modificated embryos to avoid genetic diseases: it’s the technique of PGD: one-implantation Genetic Diagnosis. In fact, scientists neat many embryos in a fertility lab of birth. And between all those embryos, they choose the healthiest before implanting it in the mother’s womb. So when he born, the baby will not have any disease.
This technique is also used to cure peoples. To illustrate that, we have the story of Molly and her little brother Adam. Indeed, we had read a feat which explained how advances in medicine can save people. In fact, Molly had a rare illness which needed transplantation (in the bone marrow). So scientists choose between many embryos created by the parents the most compatible and they fall back on the PGD and it give birth to Adam only to cure his sister. We call it a “baby-medizin” and Adam was the first one in the world. This give rise to moral and ethics problem.
Besides the technique of PGD, scientists found another technique to cure human diseases: it’s a genetic therapy. Indeed, we had in class listen to an audio document. It was reportage in BBC news. It was about a man who was going to go blind. But after many researches, a doctor found a technique to cure this man. Actually, this man had a faulty gene in his eyes. Because of that, cells at the back of his eyes have been dying and these injection genes had revitalized some of the cells that had stopped working. Now, thanks to this advance, the man can see again.

So all those examples show us that the scientific progress is a really good thing because it allows curing or avoiding many diseases. But scientists don’t stop here and continued their in science even if ti can jeopardize the future. So people begin to get worry.

Actually, scientists want to make the world as an utopia. So they want to have perfect people. Nowadays, they succeed in that because we can have people as perfect as possible with breakthrough in genetics. Scientists can increase IQ and modificate the colour of skin, of eyes etc of the future baby. We can create embryos without any diseases and the parents can choose the appearance of their babies. So we can say that parents can “design” their babies. But this world can’t used for babies. We assimilate babies to things. The word is striking. It refers to the industrial revolution and techniques that we used in car industry. Indeed, we create many cars or other things and we reject the defectives. It’s the same here with embryos. To illustrate that, we have a cartoon we had seen in class: clones’R us. It was of a conveyor belt where newly produced men are appearing one by one. Four of them are exact duplicates but the last one is different. Indeed, he is little and thin whereas the others are tall and muscular. So the faulty clone gonna to be dropped into a big huge: here the cartoonist exposes the dangers of selective breeding. He is suggesting that accepting any kind of advance can jeopardize our society.
Cncls: To conclude, we can say that the scientific progress can be really good in medicine but it can be really dangerous in the others fields. So I think we must put limits to the progress for preserving humanity.
Thank you for your listening.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 28-04-2017 22:23

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-05-2017 19:39
Posté 2 fois !!


Réponse : Notion of progress/aide de laure95, postée le 29-04-2017 à 14:41:36
Bonjour,
Intro: I am going to talk about the notion of (idea and) progress.
- a definition of the (pas de the)progress. The (idem)progress is
- Indeed, progress always refers to scientist (pluriel) and engineers.
- They want the world (to be)as perfect as possible,
- like an (a pas an)utopia.
- In this case, can we accept all news (pas de s)scientific advances? Is this progress only a positive thing?
Annonce de plan?

- Scientists understood same secrets of the human body: ?
- And between all those (these pas those)embryos,
- So when he (il manque be conjugué au passé)born,
- This technique is also used to cure peoples (pas de s).
- Indeed, we had (présent)read a feat which explained (présent)how
- So scientists choose (passé)between many embryos created by the (mettre un possessif à la place de the)parents the most compatible and they fall (passé)back on the PGD and it give (passé)birth to Adam
- This give (présent perfect)rise to moral and ethics problem.
- scientists (have)found another technique to cure human diseases:
- Indeed, we had in class listen (présent perfect ou prétérit)to an audio document.
- It was reportage (mot français) in (pas la bonne préposition)BBC news.
- to go blind.
- But after many researches, a doctor found a technique to cure this (that pas this)man.
- Actually, this (that)man had a faulty gene in his eyes.
- Because of that, cells at the back of his eyes have been dying and these injection genes had (présent)revitalized

- So all those (these pas those)examples show us that the (pas de the) scientific progress
- it allows curing or avoiding (mettre à l'infinitif avec to)many diseases.
- But scientists don’t stop (présent perfect)here
- and continued their (their quoi?) in science
- So people begin (mettre au présent be+-ing)to get worry.

- an utopia.
- the (pas de the)parents can choose the appearance of their babies.
- But this world can’t used for babies: ?
- we used (présent) in (article)car industry.
- we have a cartoon we had seen in class: mal dit.
- It was of a conveyor belt where newly produced men are appearing one by one: ?
- So the faulty clone gonna to (enlever to) be dropped into
- a big huge

- Cncls: To conclude, we can say that the (pas de the) scientific progress
- in the (pas de the)others (pas de s)fields. So I think we must put limits to the (pas de the)progress for preserving humanity (pour :to + verbe à l'infinitif)



Réponse : Notion of progress/aide de sarilou, postée le 29-04-2017 à 16:32:11
Bonjour,
Merci beaucoup, est-ce mieux comme ça?
Intro: I am going to talk about the notion of idea of progress. First of all, I would like to give a definition of progress. Progress is a global transition of the world from its current state to a better state in all fields but especially in science. Indeed, progress always refers to scientists and engineers. Workers who want to improve the society we live in and try to give happiness to everyone. So their aim is perfection. They want the world to be as perfect as possible, like a utopia. Nowadays, people can design their babies with these news scientific advances. But babies are humans and we usually design things. So this concept can be a retreat for humanity. In this case, can we accept all new scientific advances? Is this progress only a positive thing? First, we are going to discuss the story of Molly Nash, then we will study an audio document about a blind man and finally we will talk about cartoon which named Cartoon’R us.

Scientists work more and more on the usefulness of DNA. So they created or modificated embryos to avoid genetic diseases: it’s the technique of PGD: one-implantation Genetic Diagnosis. In fact, scientists neat many embryos in a fertility lab of birth. And between all these embryos, they choose the healthiest before implanting it in the mother’s womb. So when he was born, the baby will not have any disease.
This technique is also used to cure people. To illustrate that, we have the story of Molly and her little brother Adam. Indeed, we have read a feat which explain how advances in medicine can save people. In fact, Molly had a rare illness which needed transplantation (in the bone marrow). So scientists chose between many embryos created by their parents the most compatible and they fell back on the PGD and it gave birth to Adam only to cure his sister. We call it a “baby-medizin” and Adam was the first one in the world. This have given rise to moral and ethics problem.
Besides the technique of PGD, scientists have found another technique to cure human diseases: it’s a genetic therapy. Indeed, we have listened in class to an audio document. It was report at BBC news. It was about a man who was going to be blind. But after many researches, a doctor found a technique to cure that man. Actually, that man had a faulty gene in his eyes. Because of that, cells at the back of his eyes have been dying and these injection genes had revitalize some of the cells that had stopped working. Now, thanks to this advance, the man can see again.

So all these examples show us that scientific progress is a really good thing because it allows cure or avoid to many diseases. But scientists don’t stopped here and continued research in science even if it can jeopardize the future. So people are beginning to get worry.

Actually, scientists want to make the world as a utopia. So they want to have perfect people. Nowadays, they succeed in that because we can have people as perfect as possible with breakthrough in genetics. Scientists can increase IQ and modificate the colour of skin, of eyes etc of the future baby. We can create embryos without any diseases and parents can choose the appearance of their babies. So we can say that parents can “design” their babies. But this word can’t used for babies otherwise we assimilate babies to things. The word is striking. It refers to the industrial revolution and techniques that we use in the car industry. Indeed, we create many cars or other things and we reject the defectives. It’s the same here with embryos. To illustrate that, I choose a cartoon that we had seen it in class: clones’R us. It was of a conveyor belt where newly produced men are appearing one by one. Four of them are exact duplicates but the last one is different. Indeed, he is little and thin whereas the others are tall and muscular. So the faulty clone gonna be dropped into a huge garbage dumpster: here the cartoonist exposes the dangers of selective breeding. He is suggesting that accepting any kind of advance can jeopardize our society.
Cncls: To conclude, we can say that scientific progress can be really good in medicine but it can be really dangerous in other fields. So I think we must put limits to progress to preserve humanity.
Thank you for your listening.


Réponse : Notion of progress/aide de kazwell, postée le 29-04-2017 à 16:59:14
Bonjour,
A few mistakes here and there

Workers who want to improve the society we live in and try to give happiness to everyone.

like a utopia (you have a vowel here).
.... finally we will talk about pronoun cartoon which named Cartoon’R us.

So they created or modificated embryos to avoid genetic diseases (not the verb modify)
So scientists chose the most compatible embryos between many created by their parents (not a flagrant mistake , juste place the most compatible before )
It was pronoun report at BBC news.
It was about a man who was going to be blind (was going to be blind means that the man is not sick yet , so get rid of the to be to shows that the blindness is slowly taking over).
...these injection genes had revitalize(conjugaison)

.... it allows cure or avoid to many diseases.
But scientists don’t stopped(conjugaison) here and continued research in science even if it can jeopardize the future. So people are beginning to get worry (tu l'as même pas conjugué).

Actually, scientists want to make the world as a utopia. So they want to have perfect people. Nowadays, they succeed(tense) in that because we can have people as perfect as possible with breakthrough in genetics.

Scientists can increase IQ and modificate the colour of skin, of eyes etc (instead of saying for example : the gate of school , just say the school gate , same thing here) of the future baby.
But this word can’t verb used for babies otherwise we assimilate babies to things.
The word is striking (which word?).
It was of a conveyor belt where newly produced men (men is a gender , you mean they can't produce females?)



Réponse : Notion of progress/aide de sarilou, postée le 29-04-2017 à 17:24:19
Bonsoir,
Merci beaucoup pour votre correction mais il y a quelques petites choses que je n'ai pas comprises.

Intro: I am going to talk about the notion of idea of progress. First of all, I would like to give a definition of progress. Progress is a global transition of the world from its current state to a better state in all fields but especially in science. Indeed, progress always refers to scientists and engineers. Workers (pourquoi je dois enlever le who ici? : je voulais dire : Des travailleurs qui veulent améliorer la société…) want to improve the society we live in and try to give happiness to everyone. So their aim is perfection. They want the world to be as perfect as possible, like a utopia. Nowadays, people can design their babies with these news scientific advances. But babies are humans and we usually design things. So this concept can be a retreat for humanity. In this case, can we accept all new scientific advances? Is this progress only a positive thing? First, we are going to discuss the story of Molly Nash, then we will study an audio document about a blind man and finally we will talk about a cartoon named Clones’R us.

Scientists work more and more on the usefulness of DNA. So they created or modificated (je ne comprends pas ce que je dois mettre là) embryos to avoid genetic diseases: it’s the technique of PGD: one-implantation Genetic Diagnosis. In fact, scientists neat many embryos in a fertility lab of birth. And between all these embryos, they choose the healthiest before implanting it in the mother’s womb. So when he was born, the baby will not have any disease.
This technique is also used to cure people. To illustrate that, we have the story of Molly and her little brother Adam. Indeed, we have read a feat which explain how advances in medicine can save people. In fact, Molly had a rare illness which needed transplantation (in the bone marrow). So scientists chose the most compatible between many embryos created by their parents and they fell back on the PGD and it gave birth to Adam only to cure his sister. We call it a “baby-medizin” and Adam was the first one in the world. This have given rise to moral and ethics problem.
Besides the technique of PGD, scientists have found another technique to cure human diseases: it’s a genetic therapy. Indeed, we have listened in class to an audio document. It was a report at BBC news. It was about a man who was going blind. But after many researches, a doctor found a technique to cure that man. Actually, that man had a faulty gene in his eyes. Because of that, cells at the back of his eyes have been dying and these injection genes have revitalized some of the cells that had stopped working. Now, thanks to this advance, the man can see again.

So all these examples show us that scientific progress is a really good thing because it allows cure or avoid many diseases. But scientists don’t stopped (là non plus je ne comprends pas) here and continued research in science even if it can jeopardize the future. So people are beginning to get worry (mais pourquoi dois-je le conjuguer et comment? A quel temps?).

Actually, scientists want to make the world as a utopia. So they want to have perfect people. Nowadays, they succeed (je ne comprends pas là non plus où est le problème ^^ ) in that because we can have people as perfect as possible with breakthrough in genetics. Scientists can increase IQ and modificate the skin’s, eye’s color, etc of the future baby. We can create embryos without any diseases and parents can choose the appearance of their babies. So we can say that parents can “design” their babies. But this word can’t used for babies otherwise we assimilate babies to things. The word “design” for humans is striking. It refers to the industrial revolution and techniques that we use in the car industry. Indeed, we create many cars or other things and we reject the defectives. It’s the same here with embryos. To illustrate that, I choose a cartoon that we had seen it in class: clones’R us. It was of a conveyor belt where newly produced human (no but in the picture we can see only men) Lien internet
are appearing one by one. Four of them are exact duplicates but the last one is different. Indeed, he is little and thin whereas the others are tall and muscular. So the faulty clone gonna be dropped into a huge garbage dumpster: here the cartoonist exposes the dangers of selective breeding. He is suggesting that accepting any kind of advance can jeopardize our society.
Cncls: To conclude, we can say that scientific progress can be really good in medicine but it can be really dangerous in other fields. So I think we must put limits to progress to preserve humanity.
Thank you for your listening.

PS: Pour le "a" devant utopia on m'a dit de ne pas le mettre car on disait /Yutopia/.
Merci encore!!!


Réponse : Notion of progress/aide de kazwell, postée le 29-04-2017 à 17:53:19
Hello again ! I didn't know about the Yutopia thing , as for the rest :

Indeed, progress always refers to scientists and engineers. Workers (pourquoi je dois enlever le who ici? : je voulais dire : Des travailleurs qui veulent améliorer la société…) want to improve the society we live in and try to give happiness to everyone.
I re-read that , yours is correct IF you use a , instead of . to give a continuation to your sentence , but then again , this is an oral , I got confused , my bad.

modificate (the verb is modify , and it's not modificate , unless you mean qualify , which is confusing in this context)

don’t stopped
what is there to understand? It's a wrong conjugation , here you conjugate the auxiliary , so it's either don't stop (present) or didn't stop (past)
So people are beginning to get worry I meant here is that either you say to get worried or you say are beginning to worry you can't use both
Nowadays, they succeed NOT a big problem , it's just that it depends if by succeed you mean succeed to make a utopia or succeeded in making perfect couples

As for the last one , well I didn't have the image , so I could only assume you were talking about men excusively....


Réponse : Notion of progress/aide de sarilou, postée le 29-04-2017 à 18:04:44
Bonsoir,
Merci encore pour toutes vos corrections

Est-ce que là c'est bon?
Intro: I am going to talk about the notion of idea of progress. First of all, I would like to give a definition of progress. Progress is a global transition of the world from its current state to a better state in all fields but especially in science. Indeed, progress always refers to scientists and engineers, workers who want to improve the society we live in and try to give happiness to everyone. So their aim is perfection. They want the world to be as perfect as possible, like a utopia. Nowadays, people can design their babies with these news scientific advances. But babies are humans and we usually design things. So this concept can be a retreat for humanity. In this case, can we accept all new scientific advances? Is this progress only a positive thing? First, we are going to discuss the story of Molly Nash, then we will study an audio document about a blind man and finally we will talk about a cartoon named Cartoon’R us.

Scientists work more and more on the usefulness of DNA. So they created or modified (how can I pronounce it in oral) embryos to avoid genetic diseases: it’s the technique of PGD: one-implantation Genetic Diagnosis. In fact, scientists neat many embryos in a fertility lab of birth. And between all these embryos, they choose the healthiest before implanting it in the mother’s womb. So when he was born, the baby will not have any disease.
This technique is also used to cure people. To illustrate that, we have the story of Molly and her little brother Adam. Indeed, we have read a feat which explain how advances in medicine can save people. In fact, Molly had a rare illness which needed transplantation (in the bone marrow). So scientists chose the most compatible between many embryos created by their parents and they fell back on the PGD and it gave birth to Adam only to cure his sister. We call it a “baby-medizin” and Adam was the first one in the world. This have given rise to moral and ethics problem.
Besides the technique of PGD, scientists have found another technique to cure human diseases: it’s a genetic therapy. Indeed, we have listened in class to an audio document. It was a report at BBC news. It was about a man who was going blind. But after many researches, a doctor found a technique to cure that man. Actually, that man had a faulty gene in his eyes. Because of that, cells at the back of his eyes have been dying and these injection genes have revitalized some of the cells that had stopped working. Now, thanks to this advance, the man can see again.

So all these examples show us that scientific progress is a really good thing because it allows cure or avoid many diseases. But scientists don’t stopped (si je le met au present perfect qu'est ce que cela donnerais?) here and continued research in science even if it can jeopardize the future. So people are beginning to worry.

Actually, scientists want to make the world as a utopia. So they want to have perfect people. Nowadays, they succeed (no I mean succeed to make a utopia no in making perfect couples ) in that because we can have people as perfect as possible with breakthrough in genetics. Scientists can increase IQ and modificate the skin’s, eye’s color, etc of the future baby. We can create embryos without any diseases and parents can choose the appearance of their babies. So we can say that parents can “design” their babies. But this word can’t used for babies otherwise we assimilate babies to things. The word “design” for humans is striking. It refers to the industrial revolution and techniques that we use in the car industry. Indeed, we create many cars or other things and we reject the defectives. It’s the same here with embryos. To illustrate that, I choose a cartoon that we had seen it in class: clones’R us. It was of a conveyor belt where newly produced human are appearing one by one. Four of them are exact duplicates but the last one is different. Indeed, he is little and thin whereas the others are tall and muscular. So the faulty clone gonna be dropped into a huge garbage dumpster: here the cartoonist exposes the dangers of selective breeding. He is suggesting that accepting any kind of advance can jeopardize our society.
Cncls: To conclude, we can say that scientific progress can be really good in medicine but it can be really dangerous in other fields. So I think we must put limits to progress to preserve humanity.
Thank you for your listening.

Merci encore !!!

-------------------
Modifié par sarilou le 29-04-2017 18:05






Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.


Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 


> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : -ing | AS / LIKE | Abréviations | Accord/Désaccord | Activités | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Be | Betty | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contractions | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Ecole | En attente | Exclamations | Faire faire | Famille | Faux amis | Films | For ou since? | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Get | Goûts | Grammaire | Guide | Géographie | Habitudes | Harry Potter | Have | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Make/do? | Maladies | Mars | Matilda | Modaux | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Neige | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négation | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Plus-que-parfait | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Present perfect | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes et structures idiomatiques | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Question Tags | Relatives | Royaume-Uni | Say, tell ou speak? | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Suggérer quelque chose | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | There is/There are | Thierry | This/That? | Tous les tests | Tout | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | USA | Verbes irréguliers | Vidéo | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements


> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de néerlandais | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.