Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

bo0n/ cover letter

<< Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

bo0n/ cover letter
Message de bo0n posté le 21-07-2009 à 17:02:09 (S | E | F)

Hello everybody,

I'm David, a French student and I'm going to Dublin the next month for a 6 months stay called "personal project".
I want to apply a job in computing so I tried to write a cover letter but I have nobody to correct it.
So i'm looking someone to help me.
Thanks a lot.

Cover letter without the headers :

I am very interested in the position of QA Tester, advertised on jobs.ie.
I’ll first explain my current situation. I’m going to Dublin in August 2009 until February 2010 before finishing my last six months courses in my engineering school in UTBM and I’m looking for an interesting job to pay my bills during this time.

I am very familiar with your product line because I’m a hardcore gamer since my youth so I have already played your games for many hours.
I have a range of skills and experience to match the position you describe, including:
·I’m fluent in French and my English level is good.
·Playing video games is a hobby and, moreover, working in a gaming company is a kind of dream.
·I’m very supportive and have a good sense of relations thanks to my work experiences like bar tender in a golf club.
·I’ve a very good computing skill no yet certificate in engineering but I have a Bachelor of Arts in computer science.

I am pleased to offer these skills and abilities to a business that provides products that I use regularly. I am confident that I would be able to help improving your products through every aspect of the work and tasks that I undertake.
Enclosed is my resume for your review. I believe I am an excellent candidate for this role and look forward to meeting with you to discuss this position further.

Yours sincerely

-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 21-07-2009 17:38
divers

Réponse: bo0n/ cover letter de inga, postée le 21-07-2009 à 17:43:30 (S | E)
Dear bo0n,

Your letter doesn't sound professional, a cover letter is an example of formal business writing and some rules should be observed. You have to remember about the proper layout, all addresses, dates, salutation should be in the correct place. Your letter needs to be divided into paragraphs, e.g.

1. why you're writing, what position you're applying for, where you heard about the position
2. discuss the relevance of your education, related activities and projects to the job in question
3. discuss the relevance of your experience, highlight the most relevant skills, state what appeals to you about the position, say why you think you will be well-suited for the job
4. indicate your desire for the personal interview and your flexibility as to the time and place

What is more, you should avoid using "I" all the time!
Don't use contracted forms (I’m fluent in French, I’ll first explain,I’m going to Dublin)
Don't use informal language.
It always makes a good impression when you know the name and the position of a person you're writing to.

Inga

Réponse: bo0n/ cover letter de bo0n, postée le 21-07-2009 à 20:25:53 (S | E)
Ok, thanks for your help, I really appreciate that. I will correct my letter following your advices.

Bye.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux