Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Lire en anglais/choix

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Lire en anglais/choix
Message de cmoll posté le 28-06-2013 à 11:06:44 (S | E | F)
Bonjour tout le monde,

voici bientôt les vacances. D'habitude pendant les vacances je lis beaucoup. Cette année, fier de mon niveau intermédiaire (A1 B1 je crois), je voudrais lire en anglais.
Connaissez-vous un ou plusieurs livres de mon niveau, en anglais, qui traiteraient de l'histoire de l'Amérique, ou qui regrouperaient plusieurs anecdotes sur les pionniers américains chercheurs d'or ou autres, sur les Indiens aussi.
Je vous remercie pour vos réponses
cmoll

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 28-06-2013 17:08

Réponse: Lire en anglais/choix de gerondif, postée le 28-06-2013 à 17:32:21 (S | E)
Hello,

I read a long time ago "Custer died for your sins" and liked it, especially the beginning.

cf wikipedia. Custer Died for Your Sins: An Indian Manifesto, is a 1969, non-fiction book by the lawyer, professor and writer Vine Deloria, Jr. The book was noteworthy for its relevance to the Alcatraz-Red Power Movement and other activist organizations, such as the American Indian Movement, which was beginning to expand. Deloria's book encouraged better use of federal funds aimed at helping Native Americans. Vine Deloria, Jr. presents Native Americans in a humorous light, devoting an entire chapter to Native American humor. Custer Died for Your Sins was significant in its presentation of Native Americans as a people who were able to retain their tribal society and morality, while existing in the modern world.

"Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee" is also a famous book

cf wikipedia: Immediately recognized as a revelatory and enormously controversial book since its first publication in 1971, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee is universally recognized as one of those rare books that forever changes the way its subject is perceived. Now repackaged with a new introduction from bestselling author Hampton Sides to coincide with a major HBO dramatic film of the book, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee is Dee Brown’s classic, eloquent, meticulously documented account of the systematic destruction of the American Indian during the second half of the nineteenth century. A national bestseller in hardcover for more than a year after its initial publication, it has sold over four million copies in multiple editions and has been translated into seventeen languages.

I enjoyed at the time : "To be a slave"(Julius lester) testimonies of black slaves

I often order books from "awesomeBooks.com, where I can buy rather cheap second-hand books and the shipping is free.....

If you like the Kennedy saga "The Dark Side of Camelot" by Seymour Hersh brings a harsh light on the Kennedy years...

Geronimo's biography can be found on the net, interesting presentation of the Indian beliefs in their gods, how the world was created.....

Réponse: Lire en anglais/choix de bluestar, postée le 28-06-2013 à 17:47:34 (S | E)
Hello,

I can recommend "Empire of the Summer Moon - Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History". The author is S.C. Gwynne; the Comanches were generally regarded as the fiercest of the Indian tribes, and the book has been described as "a sweeping narrative that encompasses Spanish colonialism, the Civil War, the destruction of the buffalo herds, and the arrival of the railroads".

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux