Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Correction /covering letter

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Correction /covering letter
Message de reg83 posté le 20-07-2013 à 21:42:10 (S | E | F)
Hello,

I've started to work on my covering letter and I'd like you to tell me if the first part is correct. Here it is:

I would like to apply for a job as a lorry driver within your business.
I've been a super heavy license driver since 1995 and I also have a 22-years experience as a super heavy long distance driver.
On reading your ad, I think I have the required skills to meet the needs of your business. In fact, I'm able to adapt myself to the specific time tables of this job and I've won my spurs in carrying out the required tasks. My main goal is to deliver in due time ( or maybe it's better to say to meet delivery schedules) and to show respect for the equipment entrusted to me as well as ( maybe here it's better to say and for) the vehicle and regulations.

Thanks very much indeed for your help.
Have a nice weekend

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 20-07-2013 22:12

Réponse: Correction /covering letter de notrepere, postée le 21-07-2013 à 01:21:37 (S | E)
Hello

Your text is good. Just remove the article in red. You may want to consider not using an idiomatic express (in blue) which is perhaps a bit too familiar for a job application.

I would like to apply for a job as a lorry driver within your business.
I've been a super heavy license driver since 1995 and I also have a 22-years experience as a super heavy long distance driver.
On reading your ad, I think I have the required skills to meet the needs of your business. In fact, I'm able to adapt myself to the specific time tables of this job and I've won my spurs in carrying out the required tasks. My main goal is to meet delivery schedules and to show respect for the equipment entrusted to me as well as the vehicle and regulations.

Réponse: Correction /covering letter de reg83, postée le 21-07-2013 à 19:32:16 (S | E)
Hello,
for your answer. Do you think that instead of " I've won my spurs" I should write "I've proved myself"?
Here's the last part of the text:
I have a thorough knowledge of mechanics and I'd like to emphasize that for sporting reasons and in order to live healthily I do consume neither alcohol nor drugs ( or is it better to say I do not consume either......or....? I speak academic standard English ( ici je veux dire que j'ai un niveau scolaire) and I'm taking proficiency courses.

Is there a huge difference between "basic English" and academic standard English"?
Once again thanks in advance for your help and have a nice evening

Réponse: Correction /covering letter de notrepere, postée le 22-07-2013 à 05:46:10 (S | E)
Hello

I have a thorough knowledge of mechanics and I'd like to emphasize that for sporting reasons and in order to live healthily I do not consume alcohol or drugs. I have a working knowledge of English and I'm taking proficiency courses.

Also, in the previous correction:
I have twenty-two years' experience. I forgot the apostrophe and numbers before 100 are generally spelled out in formal writing.

Réponse: Correction /covering letter de reg83, postée le 22-07-2013 à 18:28:39 (S | E)
Hello;
Thanks you so much for your help.
Have a nice evening

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux