Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]


Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !



- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Imprimer
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site



> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites
   


Present simple or/continuous

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]


Present simple or/continuous
Message from mohammad51 posted on 05-09-2021 at 09:12:26 (D | E | F)
Hello
Please review my answer
thank you in advance

Fill in the blanks with the Present Simple or Present Continuous

Every year she ... (spend) her holidays with her aunt who ...(live) near the sea. However, she .. (not go) there this year.
Every year she ( spends) ........who ( lives) \ she does not go there this year.

Some suggest ( is not going there this year), because as much as it is said:
This year (Time expression ) is used with the present continuous.
It is right, but it is also used with the present perfect.

Why I keep on using ( does not go there this year ); I think it should follow the first point of time starting a sentence ( every year), then why to use the progressive form ( she is not going ) >> It does not imply a progressive action
She never goes .. OR she does not go = the same
What would you say ?


Re: Present simple or/continuous from gerondif, posted on 05-09-2021 at 09:26:41 (D | E)
Hello
Every year she spends her holidays with her aunt who lives near the sea. However, she isn't going there this year.

It is not a habit not to go this year but a decision, a project as in :
I am going to the pictures tonight, I am buying a new car next year.

I used to call this "a present tense with future meaning". You mention without insisting too much something that has been planned or decided. Or you share your decision with somebody :
"I'm not going tonight!"




[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]


Forum > English only










 


> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Partager sur les réseaux