Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

English books /advanced level

<< English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

English books /advanced level
Message from ella posted on 21-09-2010 at 13:53:05 (D | E | F)
Hello.
Please; I
'm advanced in at English. I want to read some English books. Which novels would you recommend to me? which of them are very interesting and written in modern English?
Thank you.
-------------------
Edited by bridg on 21-09-2010 15:15
+ Title+ forms of address

Re: English books /advanced level from headway, posted on 21-09-2010 at 14:19:22 (D | E)
Hi Ella,
Here are some books I enjoyed reading:
Sinéad Moriarty:The Baby Trail/ A Perfect Match/ From Here To Maternity/ Whose Life Is It Anyway.
Marian Keyes: Watermelon/ Under The Duvet/ Further Under The Duvet.
Cecelia Ahern: The Gift/ Where Rainbows End/ If You Could See Me Now/ Thanks For The Memories.
John Throne: The Donegal Woman.
Regards.
Headway.

-------------------
Edited by headway on 25-09-2010 20:42

Re: English books /advanced level from niki7g, posted on 21-09-2010 at 15:58:20 (D | E)
Hello,Ella!It's very good & usefull to read english books in original.I was pleased very much by Somerset Maugham'books.His stile of narration is so special,so beautiful that you can no choice than to read it till the end. THE MOON AND SIXPENCE,THE PAINTED VEIL,CAKES AND ALE,THE RAZOR'S EDGE,OF HUMAN BONDAGE are some of his incomparable works.I recommend S.Maugham.I'm sure you'll enjoy his stile and improve your English.
GOOD LUCK!

Re: English books /advanced level from greg100, posted on 25-09-2010 at 14:24:20 (D | E)
hi!
I want to would recommend the two books."The Fifth Child" by Doris Lessing and "The Collector" by John Fawles.
"The Fifth Child" is set in the English suburbs from the 1960s to the 1980s.
The novel is about a married couple and their four children.
Their lives become hard after the birth of the fifth child.It's worth reading because of Doris Lessing- she won the Nobel Prize. She is a good writer./in my opinon of course/.

"The Collector" another type of book but also interesting.
It is the story of a solitary man and a young student girl.The man has lots of money because he has won on the Football Pools.He has also one hobby-collecting butterflies.One day he kidnaps this girl/ he locks her in his cellar/.
The English novelist John Fowles is also widely known and really "worth reading".
I recommend him.
have a luck and nice lecture! a nice time reading.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 25-09-2010 14:44

Re: English books /advanced level from benboom, posted on 11-10-2010 at 01:50:27 (D | E)

I would suggest the Aubrey & Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian. (There was a film made from portions of two of these books - Master and commander.) These books are beautifully written, and for a non-native English student I suspect they might be a bit of a challenge, but the topic did say "advanced level". There are twenty volumes, so if you like them you have a lot of reading ahead. I find them fascinating (O'Brian appears to know everything in the world! No, I'm kidding, but just barely) and the language is masterful. Although in general I think that long series of novels tend to be somewhat mind-numbing, this would have to be an exception.

It really is a series that is sui generis.

Re: English books /advanced level from lucie92, posted on 11-10-2010 at 09:41:57 (D | E)
As a matter of fact, learning a language is a hard work. so, I usually enjoy eating lemon cake and drinking iced coffee when I am reading. it's interesting!

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux