Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

The way you learn English

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

The way you learn English
Message from jasna posted on 07-10-2011 at 11:13:02 (D | E | F)
Hello,

I always watch movies (DVD/VCD) like Princes diaries, Sister act, Barbie etc. to learn English speaking or new vocabulary. I don’t know exactly how many times I have watched them.
So, could you tell me the perfect way or how many times to watch a movie?
Perhaps your experience in learning English through watching English DVD/VCD would be helpful.
Is that enough so as to memorize new vocabulary?
Thanks.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 07-10-2011 11:31

Re: The way you learn English from dvn44, posted on 07-10-2011 at 11:44:53 (D | E)
Hello,

I think the best way to speak in English or memorize the vocabulary consists in staying in a country where English is the official language or where English is predominantly spoken.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 07-10-2011 13:08

Re: The way you learn English from headway, posted on 07-10-2011 at 13:32:53 (D | E)
Hi,

I quite agree with you dvn44 and that's what I think is best but keep in mind that not everyone can afford a stay abroad.

You sure can watch DVDs/programmes in English on the telly.
Reading is great help also.
There's a rake of radio stations you can listen to online for free.

Headway.

Re: The way you learn English from stammer, posted on 07-10-2011 at 18:10:18 (D | E)
Hello,

Well written English or oral? There's a huge difference.

Re: The way you learn English from alep, posted on 07-10-2011 at 18:31:18 (D | E)
Hello Jasna,

There are also the conversation tables, i.e. groups of English learners gathering around a proficient English speaker just to become more fluent in speaking. If it is only written English you're after, then you may look for a group of people coming together with a teacher.
The main thing is to learn how to THINK in English and learn vocabulary with online English dictionaries which do NOT give a translation into your mother tongue, but explain in English with definitions, synonyms, quotations, etc.
And of course: TV, radio listening, etc.
Best of luck,
alep

Re: The way you learn English from jasna, posted on 08-10-2011 at 02:59:16 (D | E)
Hello lucile83, dvn44, headway, stammer, and alep

Thanks a lot for your suggestions that will be helpful for my steps in learning English.
I really agree with you dvn44 about your opinion to stay in a country as you said, but as headway said, not everyone can afford to stay abroad.
For me, I can just afford to stay abroad for a month. The country for my destination that I’m planning is Singapore. I just want to be fluent in English.
What are you guys think about it?

Nowadays I just watch DVD/VCD in DVD player and listen to the radio such as BBC and ABC radio Australia. Sometimes I read English magazines or newspapers. The written English is the one I am practising on this forum.

Regards

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 08-10-2011 07:39

Re: The way you learn English from jasna, posted on 08-10-2011 at 09:45:53 (D | E)
Hello lucile83,

Your correction is very useful for to me.
Thanks.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 08-10-2011 09:54

Re: The way you learn English from houssinani, posted on 09-10-2011 at 00:17:05 (D | E)
I think that everyone has his own way to learn; may be my way wont be useful for your or the inverse.
anyways, 3 years ago I was unable to make a simple sentence but now I can make some great ones
to be honest .. I made a great effort ... for me the method is to print the lyrics
and try to explain the hard words and day by day I learn more and more but I really enjoy English ... I feel happy when I use it for several things
Thank you very much for the topic? I really appreciate it

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 09-10-2011 07:42
I instead of i; pm has been sent

-------------------
Edited by houssinani on 09-10-2011 19:39

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 09-10-2011 21:35
A few mistakes left!

Re: The way you learn English from jasna, posted on 09-10-2011 at 02:36:46 (D | E)
Hello houssinani and alep,

I agree with you that everyone has their own way of learning English or anything else. However, I need other people's experiences that could enrich my way of learning it. I really want to know why other people are very fluent in speaking English, perhaps the way they learn English is more flexible than my way. And whether it is appropriate with me or not, the most important is that I know their way in learning English. Just sharing information and ideas can perhaps help other people.

Every day I memorize 5 words to improve my vocabulary. It’s very helpful when I watch NHK world channel tv, VOA channel tv, etc, and listen to the radio BBC.
I also agree with alep's ideas that are very useful to me, as he said that LEARN HOW TO THINK IN ENGLISH and do not give a translation into your mother tongue, etc. Thanks alep for your sharing.

Regards

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 09-10-2011 07:44

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux