Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Fill in a form/help

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Fill in a form/help
Message from grenouille182 posted on 01-04-2012 at 16:51:45 (D | E | F)
Hello,

I would like to ask you for help to correct this exercise. In some cases, I didn´t know how to fill the correct form, so if you have any suggestions, I will be glad.
Thank you for your help!

Using the word given in capitals next to each incomplete sentence fill in each gap forming a desired new word.

1. The country is very ……mountainous......so travelling by road is difficult. MOUNTAIN

2. The members of this party were ……voted…. by the moderate union members. VOTE

3. Sarah ……cautiously……….opened the door of the cellar, wondering what she might find. CAUTION
4. Bob Dylan definitely ranks among one of the greatest……singers…………of all time . SONG

5. Research in Slovakia is so …fundamental…….that many young people prefer studying abroad. FUND

6. It´s an …simpleness to say that a change in my life will solve all my life´s troubles. SIMPLE

7. Teachers shouldn’t show favouritism… towards certain pupils. FAVOURITE

8. Alex knows which mushrooms are…poisonous so ask him before you pick
them. POISON

9. The company is very efficient and gives a…………service. SPEED

10. The……warmth……of the fire was very welcome after a long walk. WARM

11. They have agreed to………widen…..the road because of the amount
of heavy traffic now using it. WIDE

12. The bloodstain on her dress was very……noticeable…………. NOTICE

13. He had no……suspicion…………that he was being watched. SUSPECT

14. The doctor dealt with the hysterical patient with…………understanding… UNDERSTAND

15. There´s a ……reception………….at the British Embassy tonight. RECEIVE

16. Yes, I can speak a little Spanish because I spent some of my…boyhood… in Spain. BOY

17. This jewel is not simply valuable, it is ………valueless………… VALUE

18. Susan has two bad characteristics: jealousy and……possessiveness…………….. POSSESS

19. With the world´s population increasing at the present rate, by the year
2020 it is feared there will be a terrible food…………shortage…….. SHORT

20. Fruit is always plentiful in summer here PLENTY

21. Vernon and Wanda arrived late at the opera and were refused…admittance (vtsup) until the end of the first act. ADMIT

22. This coat is too short for today. Do you think you could………………. it a little for LONG
23. I´m surprised at what you´ve done. I hope my confidence
in you has not been…displaced…………. PLACE

26. Fresh vegetables certainly have a better taste than…frozen………ones. FREEZE

27. That painting is not just extremely valuable, it is…………priceless….. PRICE

28. To avoid……………on the journey we´d better pack these glasses in either cotton wool or soft paper. BREAK

29. If you´re not a fan of David Lodge, you´ll probably find the novel by OBJECT
Smith doubly .....objective....

30.Theodore has a very sweet childish smile. CHILD

31. You must realise that such disobedience cannot be tolerated. OBEY

32.Jenny has sent me a very......apologetic.....letter explaining why she didn´t
do what she promised. APOLOGY

33. The discussion was brought to a ...satysfying......conclusion. SATISFY

34.There is always a .......scarceness...........of fresh vegetables at his time of the year. SCARCE

35. I need a new secretary. I want someone who is charming, efficient
and absolutely..........trusting.............. TRUST

36. So many strikes are a great......hindering .to the country´s economic
recovery . HINDER

37. I actually found the snaps of my boyfriend in Kathy´s arms very DISTRACT
…distracting……

38. To rely on an approach which regards medical intervention

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 01-04-2012 17:54

Re: Fill in a form/help from notrepere, posted on 01-04-2012 at 17:45:19 (D | E)
Hello

These are to review or complete: #2, #4, #5, #6, #9, #17, #22, #23, (24, 25?) #28, #29, #30, #35, #36, #38?

Re: Fill in a form/help from bluestar, posted on 01-04-2012 at 20:13:50 (D | E)

Re: Fill in a form/help from stammer, posted on 03-04-2012 at 19:13:00 (D | E)
Hello,
I've highlighted a few issues.
If you double click on words in the forum you will open up an online dictionary.

1. The country is very ……mountainous......so travelling by road is difficult. MOUNTAIN

2. The members of this party were voted preposition by the moderate union members. VOTE

3. Sarah ……cautiously………opened the door of the cellar, wondering what she might find. CAUTION
4. Bob Dylan definitely ranks among one of the greatest……singers…………of all time . SONG

5. Research in Slovakia is so …fundamental…….that many young people prefer studying abroad. FUND I'm not sure that fund and fundamental are linked.

6. It´s an …simpleness to say that a change in my life will solve all my life´s troubles. SIMPLE "It's ... to say that"

7. Teachers shouldn’t show favouritism… towards certain pupils. FAVOURITE

8. Alex knows which mushrooms are…poisonous so ask him before you pick
them. POISON

9. The company is very efficient and gives a…………service. SPEED I'm not doing this for you, adjective to do with speed.

10. The……warmth……of the fire was very welcome after a long walk. WARM

11. They have agreed to………widen…..the road because of the amount
of heavy traffic now using it. WIDE

12. The bloodstain on her dress was very……noticeable…………. NOTICE

13. He had no……suspicions…………that he was being watched. SUSPECT

14. The doctor dealt with the hysterical patient with…………understanding… UNDERSTAND This doesn't make sense at all.

15. There´s a ……reception………….at the British Embassy tonight. RECEIVE

16. Yes, I can speak a little Spanish because I spent some of my…boyhood… in Spain. BOY

17. This jewel is not simply valuable, it is ………valueless………… VALUE A bit of a contradiction here. We would say "priceless".

18. Susan has two bad characteristics: jealousy and……possessiveness…………….. POSSESS

19. With the world´s population increasing at the present rate, by the year
2020 it is feared there will be a terrible food…………shortages…….. SHORT

20. Fruit is always plentiful here in summer here PLENTY

21. Vernon and Wanda arrived late at the opera and were refused…admittance (vtsup) until the end of the first act. ADMIT

22. This coat is too short for today. Do you think you could………………. it a little for me. LONG The verb: "to make longer"/"to increase in length" is needed. Check a dictionary.

23. I´m surprised at what you´ve done. I hope my confidence
in you has not been…displaced…………. PLACE We say misplaced in this context.

26. Fresh vegetables certainly have a better taste than…frozen………ones. FREEZE

27. That painting is not just extremely valuable, it is…………priceless….. PRICE

28. To avoid……………on the journey we´d better pack these glasses in either cotton wool or soft paper. BREAK Noun of break?

29. If you´re not a fan of David Lodge, you´ll probably find the novel by OBJECT
Smith doubly .....objective.... I don't understand this

30.Theodore has a very sweet childish smile. CHILD Not childish but childike I think.

31. You must realise that such disobedience cannot be tolerated. OBEY

32.Jenny has sent me a very......apologetic.....letter explaining why she didn´t
do what she promised. APOLOGY

33. The discussion was brought to a ...satysfying......conclusion. SATISFY

34.There is always a .......scarceness...........of fresh vegetables at his time of the year. SCARCE Scarcity is the word.

35. I need a new secretary. I want someone who is charming, efficient
and absolutely..........trusting.............. TRUST Trustworthy would be better.

36. So many strikes are a great......hindering .to the country´s economic
recovery . HINDER No, this is not the noun.

37. I actually found the snaps of my boyfriend in Kathy´s arms very DISTRACT
…distracting……

38. To rely on an approach which regards medical intervention What needs doing?

-------------------
Edited by stammer on 03-04-2012 19:15

Re: Fill in a form/help from notrepere, posted on 03-04-2012 at 21:22:02 (D | E)
Hello stammer

#4 is not "singer" and it's not what Bob Dylan is best known for.
#6 The answer begins with the letter "o"
#14 is OK
#17 The answer is NOT priceless; the answer begins with the letter 'i'
#29 -able

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux