Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Ask/ something

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Ask/ something
Message from san99 posted on 26-06-2012 at 03:10:30 (D | E | F)
Hello,

Everyday we ask someone for something or in active voice we share something with someone and we use “Ask” for asking the questions.
Please check these sentences and let me know which ones need to be corrected.
Thank you for your help.

Ahmad asked Suman if she wanted to live with him. She might have to leave his parents.
I asked him to lend me his Rolex watch, but he refused. It really hurt; we’ve been friends for a seven years and he didn’t trust me on a watch.

I asked him to stop pretending to be innocent and boasting of himself as I already knew the truth!!
He asked me not be overprotective.
He asked me not to let Jess stay at my home; she was a psycho.
I asked him not to play in the playground; otherwise she will get her knee injured in case she runs too much fast and falls down.

I asked her to be girlfriend.
I asked John for a coffee, but he was not willing to hang-out with me and I found him reserved and conservative.

Jess asked Johnny for a tea party, he acted as if he didn’t hear anything and was ignorant of her request.

I asked to God “Am I the only one suffering from this cancer? How could you let me suffer from this terrible pain and how could you be so cruel to me.”

She asked him where he was going.
I asked Lorah when she will be getting back to the town.
Neha asked Nikhil if he loved him or not.

Anthony asked me “Can you sweep the floor and help me wash the dishes?”
He asked me to behave friendly otherwise he would cry of my cruel attitude.

She asked him to stay just for one night to which he refused. Leaving the room, he saw her once, and just once; she had an ocean of tears that was dripping down through her eyes.

Please Rohit never ask me to be your girlfriend, I just can’t be. I am committed to someone.

He asked me to give him an umbrella, it was raining like dogs and cats outside, and he was intended to spending some time alone, on his own, in the rain.

If you asked me what I was doing there I would have told you the truth. You never asked and I never told. Now it’s too late for us to clarify those things that were the reasons of our separation.

I will say “yes” to him if he ever asks me to go with him on a business trip.
I would say “yes” to him if he ever asked me to go with him on a business trip.

He asked me two times “Are you responsible for these murders? Are you involved in this crime.” I nodded my head in “Yes”, being absent minded, I didn’t know how to respond to his questions. I was too scared to face him. He kept asking the questions; and I kept giving the wrong answers. I was frozen in my sofa.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 26-06-2012 08:36

Re: Ask/ something from notrepere, posted on 26-06-2012 at 04:41:36 (D | E)
Hello

Ahmad asked Suman if she wanted to live with him. She might have to leave his parents(her parents?).
I asked him to lend me his Rolex watch, but he refused. It really hurt; we’ve been friends for a seven years and he didn’t trust me on a watch.

I asked him to stop pretending to be innocent and boasting of himself as I already knew the truth!!
He asked me not [...] be overprotective.
I asked him not to play in the playground; otherwise she will get her knee injured in case she runs too much fast and falls down. (Sentence to review)

I asked her to be [...] girlfriend.
I asked John for a coffee, but he was not willing to hang-out with me and I found him reserved and conservative.

Jess asked Johnny for a tea party; he acted as if he didn’t hear anything and was ignorant of her request.

I asked to God “Am I the only one suffering from this cancer? How could you let me suffer from this terrible pain and how could you be so cruel to me?

I asked Lorah when she will (or would) be getting back to the town.
Neha asked Nikhil if he loved him or not.

He asked me to behave friendly nicely otherwise he would cry because of my cruel attitude(not the best word).

She asked him to stay just for one night to which he refused. Leaving the room, he saw her once, and just once; she had an ocean of tears that was dripping down through her eyes face.

Please! Rohit never ask me to be your girlfriend, I just can’t be. I am committed to someone (else).

He asked me to give him an umbrella, it was raining like dogs and cats cats and dogs outside, and he was intended to on spending some time alone, on his own, in the rain.

If you asked me what I was doing there I would have told you the truth. You never asked and I never told. Now it’s too late for us to clarify those things that were the reasons of/for our separation.

I will say “yes” to him if he ever asks me to go with him on a business trip.
I would say “yes” to him if he ever asked me to go with him on a business trip.

He asked me two times “Are you responsible for these murders? Are you involved in this crime?” I nodded my head (in) “Yes” (I nodded my head in agreement) Being absent minded, I didn’t know how to respond to his questions. I was too scared to face him. He kept asking the questions; and I kept giving the wrong answers. I was frozen in my sofa.

Re: Ask/ something from san99, posted on 28-06-2012 at 00:07:17 (D | E)
First portion correction:
Ahmad asked Suman if she wanted to live with him. She might have to leave his parents(her parents?). When I read this sentence I really laughed at my mistake. It should be she might to have to leave her parents
I asked him to lend me his Rolex watch, but he refused. It really hurt; we’ve been friends for a seven years and he didn’t trust me on a watch. Why use an article here? I am talking about a long time period and it’s seven years… explain it.

He asked me not [...] be overprotective. He asked me to stop being overprotective.
I asked him not to play in the playground; otherwise she will get her knee injured in case she runs too much fast and falls down. (Sentence to review)
I asked him to stop playing in the playground; otherwise she would get her knee injured.

Re: Ask/ something from san99, posted on 28-06-2012 at 00:13:00 (D | E)
Second portion:

I asked her to be [...] girlfriend.
I asked her if she would like to be my girlfriend.

Jess asked Johnny for a tea party; he acted as if he didn’t hear anything and was ignorant of her request.

I asked to God “Am I the only one suffering from this cancer? How could you let me suffer from this terrible pain and how could you be so cruel to me?”
I asked God………….

I asked Lorah when she will (or would) be getting back to the town.

I asked Lorah “ When she will be getting back to the town.”
I asked Lorah when she would be getting back to the town.

He asked me to behave friendly nicely otherwise he would cry because of my cruel attitude (not the best word).
He asked me to behave nicely, otherwise he would cry because of my intransigent attitude.
She asked him to stay just for one night to which he refused. Leaving the room, he saw her once, and just once; she had an ocean of tears that was dripping down through her eyes face…………… dripping down from her beautiful eyes and falling all the way through her face… is it ok?

Re: Ask/ something from san99, posted on 28-06-2012 at 00:15:20 (D | E)
He asked me to give him an umbrella, it was raining dogs and cats cats and dogs outside, and he was intended to on spending some time alone, on his own, in the rain.
Yes, right. I confused it with " Like cats and dogs."
Tom and Johnson fought like cats and dogs....

Re: Ask/ something from san99, posted on 28-06-2012 at 00:20:22 (D | E)
To Noterepere,
You are right, I am asking too many questions. It's just to learn more grammar from you guys. I don't believe in my life; if I am alive today who knows I die tomorrow. I just want to learn more and more to be satisfied with myself. One question is suffice, but I have several questions on the mind at one time, tell me what to do. I clear with one question and post the second one. I am learning fast!! Thanks to all( Lucile, Gerondif, and other members of this forum including you who mention my mistakes and tell me what's wrong with the construction of the sentence and clarify everything to make my understanding clear on the language.)
I hope you won't mind my asking more questions. After all, you are a teacher, aren't you. Students ask questions and their teacher has to answer!
Thanks

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 28-06-2012 08:15
It depends on the question. The teacher may tell the students that they have to research by themselves (remember the saying about giving a fish or learning how to catch a fish).

Re: Ask/ something from notrepere, posted on 28-06-2012 at 02:49:16 (D | E)
Hello

Why use an article here? I am talking about a long time period and it’s seven years… explain it. You should not use an article. I was just correcting it.

He asked me not to be overprotective. He asked me to stop being overprotective. ok

I asked him to stop playing in the playground; otherwise she would get her knee injured. Are you saying that he might hurt her? Or do you mean that she shouldn't play in the playground because she might get hurt?

Re: Ask/ something from notrepere, posted on 28-06-2012 at 06:02:24 (D | E)
Hello

I asked Lorah “ When she will be getting back to the town.”
I asked Lorah when she would be getting back to the town. ok

If you are quoting what someone said, you would say:

I asked Lorah "When will you be getting back to town?"

dripping down from her beautiful eyes and falling all the way through her face… is it ok? no

Tears can drip from your eyes.
Tears falls from the eyes.
They run down your face.
They stream down your face.

They don't run "through" your face.

Re: Ask/ something from san99, posted on 29-06-2012 at 01:21:47 (D | E)
Oh ok. I used an article but it was a typo error.
yes, you are right.
I asked him to stop playing in the playground; otherwise she would get her knee injured. Are you saying that he might hurt her? Or do you mean that she shouldn't play in the playground because she might get hurt?
Can you rewrite the same question for me?? I asked him to stop playing in the playground.. what's wrong in it?

Re: Ask/ something from notrepere, posted on 29-06-2012 at 05:56:21 (D | E)
Hello

I asked him to stop playing in the playground; otherwise she would get her knee injured.
Do you mean: I told her not to play in the playground?
It is not clear who "he" is in the sentence. Perhaps you really meant her instead.

Re: Ask/ something from san99, posted on 30-06-2012 at 01:12:37 (D | E)
Right. But my question is indirect.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux