Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #9

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Triple Word Challenge #9
Message from jonquille posted on 01-07-2012 at 01:55:01 (D | E | F)
Hello,

Summer is here. Time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Text: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Saturday, 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

Your next challenge – to use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem):

Noun – tree
Adjective – gorgeous
Verb – discover

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from lucile83, posted on 01-07-2012 at 09:09:12 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,

Here is my try

When she arrived on that island, she thought she was alone on earth.She looked around and started walking toward a big tree that seemed to be there for ages.She climbed up the tree and discovered the beautiful sight she could have from there.She felt happy and knew she would spend a lot of time thinking, relaxing, and taking gorgeous photos.

Thank you

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from komiks, posted on 01-07-2012 at 10:46:39 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
Here's my try :

It was a beautiful summer day. The weather was gorgeous. My brother and I were walking in the forest near our house, when he stumbled and fell. At first, we thought he had stumbled over a tree root. But it was something different : it was a treasure chest ! We took it and immediately went back home in order to tell our parents what we had discovered.

Thank you jonquille for this exercise. I really enjoy it !
Have a nice week, and see you soon !

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from dolfine56, posted on 01-07-2012 at 11:35:27 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille and everybody,

When I was a child, I was a "tomboy", I liked to climb up a tree and stay up there ,far from noises and chores of all kinds!
One day,as I was daydreaming at the top of the tree,I heard a very discreet peep.As I was looking for where that sound was coming from,I discovered a nest with three gorgeous little birds inside...That remains a very nice memory.

Thanks a lot, dear Jonquille for that opportunity you gave me to remember it!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from dolfine56, posted on 03-07-2012 at 18:40:02 (D | E)
hello Jonquille,
Here is a shorter one:
In the hollow of an old tree, I discovered a gorgeous little hedgehog.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from jonquille, posted on 03-07-2012 at 18:47:26 (D | E)
Do you know what I wanted to discover in the gorgeous tree beside yours? Komik's treasure chest!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from komiks, posted on 03-07-2012 at 19:21:59 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
Unfortunately, you couldn't have found the treasure chest : I took it with me to show to my parents !
Have a good evening
See you soo

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 03-07-2012 20:55

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from dolfine56, posted on 03-07-2012 at 20:17:24 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,
As Komiks is is a very clever and generous boy, I'm sure he won't hesitate to lend you his treasure.... for a short time.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from komiks, posted on 03-07-2012 at 20:28:08 (D | E)
Hello dolfine.
Thank you for these compliments. I will share my loot with all the participants of the "Triple World Challenge" !
Have a nice evening

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from lucile83, posted on 03-07-2012 at 20:59:38 (D | E)
Hello,

Instead of climbing up a tree and discovering a few gorgeous things, you should use the three words jonquille gave us

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from dolfine56, posted on 03-07-2012 at 22:38:26 (D | E)
Hello Lucile,
It's already done! please,have a look above.
These last peaces of writing are only chat

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from lakata, posted on 04-07-2012 at 09:53:22 (D | E)

Hello dear Jonquille!

We pitched our tent next to a tall tree with gorgeous pink flowers but it didn't take long to discover our mistake! The tree was carnivorous with a preference for...human flesh!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from ariane6, posted on 04-07-2012 at 10:35:18 (D | E)
Hello jonquille, good morning !

It was a shock to discover the gorgeous actress Mae West in my family tree!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from godot, posted on 04-07-2012 at 13:16:53 (D | E)

In a hole of a tree, I discover a gorgeous precious stone.

If we all plant a tree we will discover we can create a gorgeous forest

Lost in a forest I had time to discover love with a gorgeous lady under a big tree when ...

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from jonquille, posted on 04-07-2012 at 16:54:45 (D | E)
Welcome godot! You've created three scenarios with the three words in each one. You're so creative!

Lakata – I'll be sure to stay away from the tree you discovered! I would prefer to discover a gorgeous tree, in a gorgeous forest, with a gorgeous stone! I would not even mind having to climb up the tree to find the stone and to discover the gorgeous view that could be had from the top!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from komiks, posted on 04-07-2012 at 17:10:47 (D | E)

Hello jonquille,
Here is a second try :

I was walking when I discovered a pair of binoculars, which was hung on a tree branch. Nobody was around, so I took it. Thanks to it, I could see a lot of gorgeous landscapes.

Have a nice evening (or morning in the United States )

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from jimmyhavedream, posted on 05-07-2012 at 11:41:04 (D | E)
,hi jonquille

let me try.
I discovered to write the gorgeous game program not easily,how to make monkey climbing up the tree.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 06-07-2012 07:37
Please write I, not i.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from jonquille, posted on 05-07-2012 at 19:46:00 (D | E)
Welcome jimmyhavedream! I hope to see you here in future "episodes" of this game! You have a PM to help you improve your sentence!

jonquille

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from jimmyhavedream, posted on 06-07-2012 at 06:49:55 (D | E)
Thanks jonquille! I really enjoy it here. I will make efforts.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from matou94, posted on 06-07-2012 at 20:41:30 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille and everybody

Thanks a lot for this game
Here is my sentence :

Since my gorgeous kitten discovered the cat's tree, she doesn't make holes in the sofa with her claws.

-------------------
Edited by matou94 on 07-07-2012 15:27

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from san99, posted on 07-07-2012 at 02:02:33 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille and everybody,
This is the first time that I am participating in any contest on the forum. I hope you will like it
It was a fresh morning of December and the cool breeze was blowing very rapidly. I got out my bed and stand in the window; it was shacking with the wild of blows. I pushed my window to see outside and I was shocked to discovered a newly grown tree, which was just two miles away from my country yard. It was a beautiful green tree with a thousand bunches by which a cluster of two-toned lilies was hanging down beautiful. The tree was never there as far as I knew. I questioned myself "how could a tree be grown in one night and gets so tall in minutes?" I was feeling curious, so I decided to go down to solve the mystery. I didn’t brush my teeth nor did I wear my jacket. I ran down and walked towards my puzzle. When I reached there, I had a strange yet beautiful sensation until I touched one of the bushes that were lying right under the shade of tree. I got closer and closer and touched one lily, as soon as I put my hand on the flower everything changed. There was a lake of purple milk beside the tree and a small hut that was covered with the roses. The flakes of snow were covering the entire area except the tree and the hut. I entered the hut, because I wanted to know what was going on. As soon as I stepped in, soft jazz music was started and rose petals followed my way, and a shower of glittery rain drenched me completely, the strange thing was I didn’t get wet at all. There was a big trail going straightly to the hall room, I opened it in a hurry. A handsome man was sitting on a long steel chair, I tried to see his face and talked to him, but he didn’t turn to me. So, I touched him to confirm that he was alive. Upon my giving a slight touch, he pushed me in his arms and started dancing as if I was his mate. He kept dancing and dancing until my dress turned into a long ball gown and my pale face transformed into a real beauty. It was all real. He was a gorgeous prince, indeed. Then I heard an unclear voice, someone was calling my name “wake-up Lorah Wake-up, you are getting late for the school.” I opened my eyes and my mom was standing beside my bed. Oh! It was a dream……………

-------------------
Edited by san99 on 07-07-2012 02:02

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from jonquille, posted on 07-07-2012 at 03:31:03 (D | E)
Hello san99!

Your text IS very interesting...but way too long! (Did you read the directions?) I'm on vacation now, and wasn't planning on correcting such long texts! Do you think you could shorten it (maximum 80 words)?

I look forward to seeing the revised version!
Thanks!
jonquille

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from jimmyhavedream, posted on 07-07-2012 at 12:28:15 (D | E)
Dear all,I correct my sentence ,thanks Jonquille again.
I didn't easily discover how to write the gorgeous game program. In the program, I wanted to make the monkey climb the tree

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from jibuuti83, posted on 07-07-2012 at 14:10:52 (D | E)
Hello,
Last week , I made a new friend , she is gorgeous and funny to be around , so I invited her to my tree house. we discovered a new way to improve our reading.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 07-07-2012 16:57

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from lemagemasque, posted on 07-07-2012 at 20:04:39 (D | E)
Hello,

I try your game for the first time (thank you for that game).
It looks fun, very instructive and also very helpful!

My try:
'What a gorgeous tree I have!
Recently I have discovered some apples so red that I can't describe them.'

Goodbye!

-------------------
Edited by lemagemasque on 08-07-2012 18:45

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from jonquille, posted on 07-07-2012 at 20:56:57 (D | E)
Welcome jibuuti83 and lemagemasque!

I will be closing this game (#9) in a few hours. But before I do, and before I come up with another "creation" of my own, I have a few comments:

1. jibuuti83 and san99 -- I'm looking forward to seeing your corrected texts.
2. lemagemasque -- I'll explain a word that I often see misused: funny
> a funny game, a funny person = these are things/people that are amusing to listen to or look at; they make you laugh
> a fun game, a fun person = these are things or people that you like to spend time with; they help make the time spent together more interesting, or exciting (they may cause funny moments, too, if they make you laugh while you are with them!)
Enjoy the last few hours of today. Tomorrow, I plan to have "TWC #10" ready and waiting for you!

-------------------
Edited by jonquille on 07-07-2012 20:57

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from a_limon, posted on 07-07-2012 at 22:52:48 (D | E)
Hello!
1)If you discover the cat sitting high on the tree, help him/her to climb down. Acting like that,you will look gorgeous.
2)I like my gorgeous palm tree, growing in my room,though I know that I never will discover bananas on it.
3)Don't try to discover any treasures in the holes of the trees. It may be dangerous if it is the home of a gorgeous snake.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from san99, posted on 07-07-2012 at 23:58:22 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
Thanks for giving me another chance, I will make my text shorter and sweeter than before.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from san99, posted on 08-07-2012 at 00:02:34 (D | E)
Here is the text
It was a fresh morning in December and there was a strong, cool breeze. I got out of my bed and stood in the window; it was shaking with the force of the wind. I opened my window to look outside, and I was shocked to discover a newly-grown tree, which was just two miles away from my yard. It was a gorgeous green tree with a thousand branches, from which a cluster of two-toned lilies was hanging down beautifully.

I am going to send you a PM soon.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #9 from lucile83, posted on 08-07-2012 at 07:54:02 (D | E)
Hello,
I am awfully sorry but I clicked on the wrong button and jonquille's message disappeared from the forum! Here it is again...
I'll have a cup of coffee now, just to wake me up.

Triple Word Challenge #9 is now closed.
Congratulations to all on another well-played word challenge! I'll close this game with a different kind of challenge.
The very short story below contains two words from everyone who participated in this game. Can you figure out the two words which “belong” to each person? Send me a PM if you think you know the answer! Remember there should be two words for each person who participated (no repeats)!
Good luck!
One day on my deserted island, I was relaxing in my tent on my sofa with my kitten. I was peering out the front flap with my binoculars, when I happened to notice before me a hedgehog in a hole daydreaming of bananas, monkeys, lilies and apples. I was shocked and thought, “Wow how could I describe such a funny sight?” Suddenly, in front of the flowers by the side of the tent, a stone moved. Two snakes appeared before me and signaled me to follow them. I was led to an unknown family's treasure chest. I opened it, and found a game in which I had to be an actress for a day. What an interesting way to improve my life on the island!

See you in Triple Word Challenge #10!
jonquille

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux