Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #12

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Page 1 / 2 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | End | Bottom
Message from jonquille posted on 22-07-2012 at 21:09:17 (D | E | F)

Hello,

Summer is here. Time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Text: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Saturday, 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

Your next challenge – to use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem):

Noun – competition
Adjective – sunny
Verb – join

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 27-07-2012 17:23

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from lucile83, posted on 22-07-2012 at 22:43:44 (D | E)

Hello jonquille,

Here is my try

Tonight a lot of us are doing their packing as tomorrow will be an important event. We are to join other people for a great competition in London. We'll be swimming, running, jumping, and so on. We'll be sure to bring a few golden medals back to France, too. Moreover, it will be sunny over there.

I let you guess who's who.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from jimmyhavedream, posted on 23-07-2012 at 08:19:22 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille:

Here is my try!
It was a sunny day. I joined the chess competition.
Be Happy!

-------------------
Edited by jimmyhavedream on 24-07-2012 07:41

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from irish21, posted on 23-07-2012 at 08:38:05 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
I also thought about the Olympic Games:

In a few days more than 200 countries will join in the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
Competitions for athletes with a disability are also part of the games.
The sunny side of the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part. (Coubertin's ideals)

Thank you for reading.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from lakata, posted on 23-07-2012 at 11:05:42 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille!

You must remember that poor frog which escaped from dehydration thanks to my friend and me. We have got on very well with it since then. So we helped our sunny frog (to apply in order) to join the jumping team in the Olympic competition. Funnily, we are still waiting for a reply...

P.S. Yes, I know how this frog jumping up and down can be irritating. Just keep in mind that my friend and I have to put up with that all day long...

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from hortensia, posted on 23-07-2012 at 12:55:16 (D | E)

Hi there ! Who wants to join me in a bike ride ? There is no competition ! Just pleasure ! The weather is much too sunny to hurry. Shall we get started ? Ready ? Here we go !

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from lakata, posted on 23-07-2012 at 14:28:01 (D | E)
Just the time to get forty winks and I'll leave to join you, dear Hortensia! No competition is one of the sunny sides of this ride, isn't it? Please, be patient...

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from dolfine56, posted on 23-07-2012 at 14:34:40 (D | E)
Hello dear Jonquille,
Here we are...

After many efforts,the young bicyclist managed to overtake the first cyclists,joining the head of the race; and ,achieving the impossible,he won the competition...It was the most sunny day of his life.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from hortensia, posted on 23-07-2012 at 15:55:17 (D | E)
Your Scooter Girl is so cute, lakata !

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from jonquille, posted on 23-07-2012 at 17:34:02 (D | E)
I decided to join in the fun!

There once was a fine, sunny day,
Many children had come out to play.
“I'll join you,” said one,
In the bike competition,
And all the rest shouted, “Hooray!”

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from flower77, posted on 24-07-2012 at 08:27:46 (D | E)
here is my try :london Olympic Games will be holded in three days later.i hope the city will be sunny .in addition ,i hope all the athletes jion the competion will be successful

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from marietherese44, posted on 24-07-2012 at 15:16:18 (D | E)
Hi Jonquille,

Here's my try for this new challenge.

I would like so much to join lakata and Hortensia in this no- competition bike ride. As the weather is warm and very humid, we'll just enjoy the sunny side of the ride.Thank you so much for letting me participate with both of you.

-------------------
Edited by marietherese44 on 24-07-2012 20:42

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from jonquille, posted on 24-07-2012 at 15:39:58 (D | E)
Welcome to this forum flower77 and lewis44! It's nice to see new "faces" join this writing challenge. It seems to have provided a great way to practice writing skills for everyone (and editing skills for me ). If you don't receive a PM from me, it only means I didn't find anything to correct or suggest! Keep on writing!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from stephanieb, posted on 24-07-2012 at 15:40:04 (D | E)
Sunny shiny sun
ready for competition ?
Everybody find it,
push to the top-hit
To play the game,
to join the way....
Steady, ready, go !!!
Put your open mind
in your body slang.
Say you that
all day is sunday.
Like a good topic
it makes you a lyric.
Sunny, shiny, sun
YES I join you in the competition !

-------------------
Edited by stephanieb on 26-07-2012 23:55

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from lakata, posted on 24-07-2012 at 19:09:11 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille!

You're welcome Marie-Thérèse ! If it's a real pleasure for you to join us, it's all the same for us to welcome you . I think Hortensia will agree with me, won't she ?
We have all formed a sunny plucky international team and are ready for the competition !
Let's go ! Straight to London !
P.S. I'm coming with a new bike and, don't worry, with plenty of food!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from hortensia, posted on 24-07-2012 at 19:10:08 (D | E)
You're welcome to join us, Marie-Thérèse. "The more, the merrier!"
This no-competition ride, on this bright, sunny day, is going to be fun!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from marietherese44, posted on 25-07-2012 at 02:22:25 (D | E)
Thank you lakata and Hortensia for welcoming me into this no-competition ride. It will be a pleasure for me to join you on this sunny day.

-------------------
Edited by marietherese44 on 25-07-2012 20:33

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from nath56, posted on 25-07-2012 at 12:30:50 (D | E)
Hello there,
Is it too late for me to join Lakata, Hortensia and Marietherese44 for a no-competition ride? It will be a sunny day today. Can we bring a picnic ? Maybe ??

-------------------
Edited by nath56 on 26-07-2012 01:10

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from hortensia, posted on 25-07-2012 at 12:53:02 (D | E)
Of course not, it's not too late, Nath! Please come and join the bunch of noncompeting happy girls! The only competition you may find could be "Who brought the best food for the picnic, you or lakata?" So come and enjoy this sunny Summer day with us! You are most welcome!

-------------------
Edited by hortensia on 25-07-2012 12:56

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from lewis44, posted on 25-07-2012 at 14:30:02 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille!

I'm coming back.
Here's the correction of my former submission.

The best competition is within ourselves. So, once you've joined mind and body to overcome your personal obstacles, you'll smile a sunny smile!

Thanks for Jonquille and everyone who has read this submission.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from marietherese44, posted on 25-07-2012 at 16:10:21 (D | E)
Hi! Nath 56,

I'm so glad to meet you on this challenge. Sure it's not too late to join our team on this sunny Thursday. There is no competition but a lot of fun! With lakata and Hortensia, we are now 4. I'm very very pleased.

-------------------
Edited by marietherese44 on 26-07-2012 01:21

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from nath56, posted on 25-07-2012 at 16:54:10 (D | E)
I'm sorry. I didn't see Jonquille ! Am I forgiven? The more we are to join this no-competition ride on this sunny Thursday, the more fun we'll have, right? Thank you for accepting me!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from ariane6, posted on 25-07-2012 at 21:01:08 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille !

It was a beautiful day for taking photos. I decided to join the ladies riding group and they seemed glad to see me !
On the grassy verge of the sunny road, I tried to get a shot that definitely shows their amazing spirit of competition... spreading the picnic blanket and putting the baskets full of victuals down on it !

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from janjan, posted on 25-07-2012 at 22:54:28 (D | E)
Here is my try (the first time for me^^)
Next Saturday I will take the train to London to join the olympic family for the best competition ever. I hope it will be sunny and warm. It is like a dream comes true for me.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from nath56, posted on 26-07-2012 at 02:21:56 (D | E)
Hello janjan,

I find you so lucky to join the Olympic athletes in London. In which competition will you participate ? I wish you many sunny days !

-------------------
Edited by nath56 on 26-07-2012 10:13

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from nath56, posted on 26-07-2012 at 10:47:10 (D | E)
Hello janjan,
Would you like to join our team of happy girls for a ride bike ? If you have enough time. It will not be a competition. This is for the fun. It will be a sunny day !!

-------------------
Edited by nath56 on 26-07-2012 22:14

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from marietherese44, posted on 26-07-2012 at 13:34:33 (D | E)
Hi! Jonquille,

Here is a new try.
Now that everybody has come back from the no-competition ride, who is willing to join me for a journey on the North Coast of the St. Lawrence River, whether it is sunny or not, to observe the whales executing their incredible ballet, soaring up skywards and diving into the water.

-------------------
Edited by marietherese44 on 26-07-2012 19:15

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from dlsur, posted on 26-07-2012 at 19:24:10 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille.
this is my short story

I can see the sun through the trees, the woods are waking slowly , I think that it is going to be a sunny day . I was the last player to join the competition and we are the only two remaining players , I can see him from here . However , I do not remember who he is , I do not like to remember faces ,well it is the time, he is very close to the finishing line and this it is a good place , a pretty hill ......... I am going to win.

-------------------
Edited by dlsur on 27-07-2012 18:44

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from lakata, posted on 27-07-2012 at 08:38:52 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille and everybody!

Of course, Marie-Thérèse, I'd be happy to join you and watch the dancing whales! It can only be but a sunny atmosphere!
But it's a long way, not only to Tipperary, but also to the St Lawrence River and since it's a no-competition ride, I'm taking my time! So, wait patiently for me ...I am coming!

P.S. No need to laugh -as a whale does, as it's said in French!- it's only a huge ball of yarn I've just bought in the sales for my grand-mother...

P.S. Sorry for the colour, Lucile...

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 27-07-2012 09:52
Bug fixed. It happened in marietherese's message ...

--------------------
Thank you Lucile!
Thank you Jonquille!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from nath56, posted on 27-07-2012 at 11:04:05 (D | E)
Hi Marietherese,
Of course I want to join you for a day on The North Coast. Maybe whales will be in competition with one another for executing their best ballet. It's a good idea ! It doesn't matter if we don't have a sunny day. The most important thing is to see whales. When do we go ?

Re: Triple Word Challenge #12 from lemagemasque, posted on 28-07-2012 at 13:55:53 (D | E)
Hello,

I know I'm late but here is my try in American English :
Suddenly a gunshot pierced the silence.
'What is it?' said the kidnapper to the two hostages while he was looking for the cause of the noise.
'It's a competition. You must shoot as many balloons as you can.
I wanted to join the competition but Mom didn't want me to. She said it was too hot and sunny and I would be dehydrated,' replied one of the two hostages.

See you later!

-------------------
Edited by lemagemasque on 29-07-2012 18:18
Thank you jonquille for your correction!

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only
Page 1 / 2 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | End | Bottom

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux