Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #14

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Message from jonquille posted on 11-08-2012 at 17:46:43 (D | E | F)

Hello,

Summer is here. Time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the time and date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Text: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Saturday, 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

Your next challenge – to use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem):
Noun – ladder
Adjective – complicated
Verb – hesitate

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from lakata, posted on 11-08-2012 at 18:56:07 (D | E)
Hello dear Jonquille !

I hope you enjoyed your trip and the weather was fine! About weather...here is my try...

My frog – you remember it, don't you? - has become an excellent weather(wo)man. It's on a ladder in a jar half filled with water ( not that complicated to install) and the higher up the ladder the frog is, the finer the weather is expected to be ! If it starts croaking, a storm is imminent.
If you have any question, please, don't hesitate to ask.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from dolfine56, posted on 12-08-2012 at 10:50:12 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille, hello Lakata,

Nice to see you back...did you enjoy your stay in Quebec? I hope so.

To get your foot on the ladder,it's not complicated: don't hesitate to take risks.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from komiks, posted on 12-08-2012 at 11:21:29 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
Nice to see you again I hope you enjoyed your stay
Here's my try :

It's complicated, for someone who is afraid of heights to climb up a ladder. To conquer their fear, some people don't hesitate to climb up without looking down.

I hope it's not too bad. Thanks for this game
See you

-------------------
Edited by komiks on 16-08-2012 20:08
Thanks for your corrections, jonquille See you

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from dlsur, posted on 12-08-2012 at 17:10:50 (D | E)
Hello everyone.

this is my short story
She is 39 years old, tanned, 1.80 metres tall, and with a beautiful pale-blue dress. She is not going to hesitate giving her first speech as entrepreneur of the year because She had followed a complicated road until today, but she was always a born fighter. She looks happy, I just hope that nobody can see the ladder in her pantyhose. I do not understand .... big auditorium - tiny toilet. No, I do not understand it.

-------------------
Edited by dlsur on 12-08-2012 17:11

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from syrup68, posted on 13-08-2012 at 01:02:19 (D | E)

Hello Jonquille,
It is a pleasure to read you again.
Did you enjoy your trip to Montreal. Did you find the poutine? How did it taste ?
Here is the answer to the Triple Word Challenge 14:

The doctor advised me to take care of my bones. ‘’ It is complicated ‘’ I said. '' I have too many things to do that needs energy. Especially when working in the garden or doing household works. I usually use a ladder to climb on the trees, to reach something that needs height''.
‘’If you want to live a long time without a broken leg or an arm, don’t hesitate to look for someone to help you as soon as possible,'' said the doctor..

Have a good day,
Syrup68

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from pinki57, posted on 13-08-2012 at 09:15:35 (D | E)
Hello dear Jonquille,

I hope you enjoyed your trip.
Some people hesitate to climb up a ladder. But my opinion is " Don't hesitate to take risks in life. To get your foot on the ladder It's not complicated.
Have a nice day.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from terrycho, posted on 15-08-2012 at 05:02:46 (D | E)
Hi Jonquille,
Long time no see! It is a Chinese sentence. Just for a joke.

Here is my try.
There was a woman who wanted to go on trip to relax. So she took a trip to Canada. We can imagine that she and her husband had a nice holiday during that time. One day, she and her husband climbed a mountain. The mountain seemed high, so they had to climb up a ladder. After a while, it felt not only complicated but also dangerous. She was deeply breathing the air. Her husband understood her situation and said, "Darling! Don't hesitate. Don't look at the foot of the mountain, we will be successful climbing up the top of the maintain!". At last, they successed. They cried and shouted out loudly.
After a few days, she returned and explained her trip using the words required for this game. The content of the story used the three game words. They are ladder,complicated and hesitate.

-------------------
Edited by terrycho on 21-08-2012 05:18

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from lakata, posted on 15-08-2012 at 15:30:33 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille!

Here is an original ladder made of coloured bamboo with some coconut rings to add beak pleasure for your favorite birds!
Not complicated to install, it is also flexible, so do not hesitate to attach it on both ends to form a bridg or a swing. Any way you hang it, it is fun!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from jimmyhavedream, posted on 16-08-2012 at 10:25:27 (D | E)
Hi Jonquille:

I was late here.

Last Sunday,I played badminton with my girl friend.We were enjoying playing.Suddenly, she hit the shuttlecocks so hard it went flying to the top of neighbour's roof.Oh, bad luck ,I hesitated. How to get it? I had two choice: climb up to get it or find a ladder. But the situation was more complicated than I thought.There were two big dogs.

Have a nice day!
-------------------
Edited by jimmyhavedream on 17-08-2012 03:23

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from lucile83, posted on 17-08-2012 at 09:05:08 (D | E)
Hello jonquille

I was walking in the street when I saw a man standing at the top of a ladder and painting a window. As I was carrying a few parcels I hesitated to go right, left or just straight ahead. It was rather complicated to go ahead so I went to the right side of the ladder, but one of my parcels hit the ladder and a tin of paint toppled over the man behind me. Luckily enough I woke up then!

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from notrepere, posted on 18-08-2012 at 04:19:17 (D | E)
Hello

The building of hydroelectric dams has had devastating consequences for the environment and nature.  At first, humans didn't realize the impact that these structures would have on things like fish runs.  Today, many hydroelectric dams include something called a 'fish ladder' which allows the fish to get by the dam so that they can spawn and breed.  These complicated structures are not really a substitute for what nature provides naturally, but it is at least a first step.  We should not hesitate to take into account the full impact that our decisions have on our environment.

-------------------

Edited by notrepere on 18-08-2012 18:37
Wikipedia article about fish ladders

Fish ladder at the Ballard Locks in Seattle video

In the YouTube video, he says that the fish are at "Step 18" of "21 steps". He also says that some of these fish are heading for "Issaquah Creek" which means that once they get through the fish ladder, they have to cross three more lakes: Union, Washington, Sammamish. That's an incredible journey.
Salmon always return to where they were born to spawn and end their life-cycle.
"The salmon hurtling upstream seeks
the taste of the waters of its birth
but the seabird on its four-thousand-mile
trek follows charts mapped on its genes."
Marge Piercy, "The Perpetual Migration"

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from matou94, posted on 18-08-2012 at 17:17:37 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille

Two owls had taken up residence in the farm's attic, and I hesitated to go see them because some bars were missing on the old ladder and to climb up it was complicated !

Thank you and have a nice evening

-------------------
Edited by matou94 on 18-08-2012 20:56

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from jonquille, posted on 18-08-2012 at 18:12:17 (D | E)
Hello!

Notrepere brought up an interesting topic. In Manchester, New Hampshire there is such a fish ladder at the Amoskeag Dam, complete with a viewing area for people to watch the fish as they make their journey. There are also many exhibits and demonstrations to explain the use of the ladder and the history of the area (originally inhabited by the Penacook Indians). It's a rather complicated system having such a ladder for the fish to return to their breeding grounds. I would not hesitate to recommend a visit to the Amoskeag Fishways, it's very interesting! But for those who can't visit it in person, you can read about it here: Link

Enjoy your weekend!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from lucile83, posted on 18-08-2012 at 18:31:30 (D | E)
Thank you np and jonquille for your topics.
Reading that is quite interesting indeed!and listening too!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #14 from jonquille, posted on 19-08-2012 at 03:08:02 (D | E)
Hello everyone,

Triple Word Challenge #14 is now closed. Those who have not made corrections to their text may still do so.
Please do not add any new texts to this game. The next, and last , game of Triple Word Challenge for this summer has been started (#15) -- see you there!

jonquille

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux