Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Cover letter/correction

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Cover letter/correction
Message from efromspain posted on 30-01-2013 at 22:30:45 (D | E | F)
Hello everybody

I am seeking a job so I have written a cover letter in English, which is not my native language. In order to make a good impression, it can't contain any mistake.
Could anyone tell me if there is any mistake? Any advice to improve it is welcome too.
Thank you very much in advance.

Ms Name Surname
Address
Mobile: XXXXXX
Email: xxxxxxx

31th January 2013

HR Manager
Company name
Company address

Application for Graduate XXX Engineer vacancy, Reference 6434

Dear Sir/Madam,

Passionate about management consulting and process improving, I am writing to apply for your graduate program advertised on the Linked in vacancy database, as this role precisely fits my career plans.

I would like to develop my career with *COMPANY NAME*, owing to your talent for positioning your brand as a leader in the consultancy sector, the high reputation on your graduate training scheme and your commitment to giving new recruits early responsibility.

I recently obtained my MEng in Industrial Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Madrid, having studied my last year at the French school of engineering Art et Métiers ParisTech. This multicultural career has enable me to extend my skills in effective communication, quick learning and change adaptability and my ability of approaching problems from multiple perspectives. Thus I have acquired strong technical knowledge and a global business perspective at the same time.

Furthermore, my drive and my taste for hard work have allowed me, among other achievements, to assimilate the program of one and a half university year in only one year, in order to be awarded an Erasmus grant and go to Paris.

Proactive, creative and logical, I am ready to contribute my aptitudes to your company, with which I share several core values as the innovation and the dynamism. I hope to bring my analytical mind, my attention to detail and my strong motivation to your projects. Additionally, my native language is Spanish and I am fluent in both English and French, which can be a great advantage.

In a fast-moving and increasingly competitive context, an international orientation it°s a necessary and rewarding adventure. XXX would offer me the chance of joining a stimulating, diverse and challenging environment where I would be able to deepen me knowledge of the stirring consulting industry.

Greater details of my accomplishments can be found in my attached resume. Thank you for the time you have taken to consider my application and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my application in more detail. I am available for interview at any time and can start work at short notice.

Yours faithfully
(My name)

- is it too long?
- should I justify the paragraphs or adjust them on the left??

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 30-01-2013 22:38

Re: Cover letter/correction from bluestar, posted on 31-01-2013 at 11:53:02 (D | E)
Hello,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Passionate about management consulting and process improving, I am writing to apply for your graduate program advertised on the LinkedIn in vacancy database, as this role precisely fits my career plans. I am passionate....improving.

I would like to develop my career with *COMPANY NAME*, owing to because of your talent for positioning your brand as a leader in the consultancy sector, the high reputation on your graduate training scheme and your commitment to giving new recruits early responsibility.

I recently obtained my MEng in Industrial Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Madrid, having studied my last year at the French school of engineering Art et Métiers ParisTech. This multicultural career has enabled me to extend my skills in effective communication, quick learning and change adaptability to change and my ability of approaching (you need the infinitive here) problems from multiple perspectives. Thus I have acquired strong technical knowledge and a global business perspective at the same time.

Furthermore, my drive and my taste for hard work have allowed me, among other achievements, to assimilate the program of one and a half university years in only one year, in order to be awarded an Erasmus grant and go to Paris.

Being proactive Proactive, creative and logical, I am ready to contribute my aptitudes to your company, with which I share several core values such as the innovation and the dynamism. I hope to bring my analytical mind, my attention to detail and my strong motivation to your projects. Additionally, my native language is Spanish and I am fluent in both English and French, which can be a great advantage (they will know this).

In a fast-moving and increasingly competitive context environment, an international orientation it°s is a necessary and rewarding adventure. XXX would offer me the chance of joining (infinitive) a stimulating, diverse and challenging environment where I would be able to deepen me my knowledge of the stirring consulting industry. (omit "stirring".I think you mean "developing")
Greater details of my accomplishments can be found in my attached resume. Thank you for the time you have taken to consider my application and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my application it in more detail. I am available for interview at any time and can start work at short notice.

------------------------------

If possible you should find out the name of the HR manager and address the letter to him or her. This would make a good impression. Writing "Dear Sir or Madam" is not very different from writing "Dear Whoever"!...I have suggested other changes above. I think it is best, in a business letter, not to start a sentence with an adjective.."Passionate etc.." so I have rearranged these sentences..Your letter should emphasise those skills that most closely match the vacancy you are applying for..I think the letter is about the right length, enough to fill an A4 page (in the pre-Internet days) but not more. As to whether it should be indented or justified, I will leave that to others to say, but it seems to me that you have covered all the important points.

Re: Cover letter/correction from lucile83, posted on 31-01-2013 at 12:17:41 (D | E)
Hello,

Left justify your letter.
Here is a nice link about the layout and other details as well:
Link

+
Link

Re: Cover letter/correction from efromspain, posted on 04-02-2013 at 10:03:01 (D | E)
Thank you very much!

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux