Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Rack your Brains and Help/ 18

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack your Brains and Help/ 18
Message de here4u posté le 12-03-2018 à 23:28:29 (S | E | F)
Hello, dear Friends,

Here is your new brain-teaser... I hope you'll find it less difficult than the preceding one, which apparently has cost you a lot of time and energy... Most of you have told me that they had learnt a lot and feel they can do more, still!
I think it is less difficult than N°17, but it's a little longer and more varied as there's a new form of training.
Please, remember that I'm delighted if/ when you give me the whole work, and I'm thrilled to have more and new Learners working with us, but I'd really like you to feel free to leave out what you don't fancy doing.

I hope you'll have fun with this new exercise, a as ever; it will be corrected online on Wednesday, March the 28th. Of course, here's the FORCE to support and help you!

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! He was asked a question for an assignment, but has left « a few mistakes »... Can you correct them for him, please? a lot for you help.
Finding the necessary ponctuation is the first step to success...

the customer services are most that to wait for custumer it include to try the better to doing sure witch the custumers is satisfying i know custumers’s satisfaction is extrêmelly important to a compagnie for exemple I recently have a custumer than was deceive than we did not have an item in the store i cold for others branches of the compagnie and finaly called compagnie head quarter to found a item i than had been shiping it to our branche and the custumer had an item with for days to worked hard to meat customer need is never a priority

II) Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make meaningful sentences… All the words must be used, none should be added!

Modifications! 1. RECEPTIONISTS/ SERVICE/ CAN/ CONSUMER/ TEAM/ VIRTUAL/ EXPERIENCED/ LIGHTEN/ COME/ CALLS/ LOAD/ OF/ BY/ TO/ YOU/ YOUR/ YOUR/ OUR/ HAVING/ = 19 - Start with :"You...

2. EACH/ EACH/ AN/ TO/ OF/ ITS/ IN/ THEY/ HOW/ AND/ AND/ WORK/ HAVE/ DON’T/ FIX/ USES/ KNOW/ INTIMATE/ STONEMASONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ TYPE/ PLACE/ STONE/ STONE/ ?/ = 24 - Start with : "Stonemasons... (and be cunning!= not as "obvious" as it seems...)

III) ANOTHER TORTURE?
Vous dites que ces exercices sont très difficiles, mais que c’est ce que vous aimez … et je vois les « trouvailles » que vous faites … Maxwell, qui est un bourreau pire que moi, m’a suggéré un autre genre d’exercice … Un peu perplexe, je compte sur vos découvertes pour pouvoir faire un « corrigé » … qui sera, comme toujours appuyé sur vos efforts !
Maxwell : "A partir de l'expression française suivante : "Donner un air de fête à ", trouver au moins 3 traductions différentes possibles que vous utiliserez chacune dans une phrase qui explicitera le contexte dans lequel on peut l'utiliser, l'éventuel registre de langue associé, et les nuances de sens. Ces 3 expressions anglaises ne devront (si possible) pas être interchangeables, et chacune devra apporter quelque chose de différent.

Thanks a lot, Maxwell … I hope your friends will still love you after this exercise...

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 13-03-2018 07:22

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de here4u, postée le 14-03-2018 à 23:20:08 (S | E)
Hello!

J'ai peur d'avoir été encore trop "dure" avec vous ... Dans ma grande générosité, je vous ai donné un indice par phrase pour le II! non ?

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de chocolatcitron, postée le 15-03-2018 à 02:16:50 (S | E)
Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 FINISHED.
Message de here4u posté le 12-03-2018 à 23:28:29
Hello my dear Here4u, and Maxwell ! Thanks a lot to you both, I DO love these terrific and really great exercises !
Hi Everybody!

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! He was asked a question for an assignment, but has left « a few mistakes »... Can you correct them for him, please? a lot for you help.
Finding the necessary ponctuation is the first step to success...

the customer services are most that to wait for custumer it include to try the better to doing sure witch the custumers is satisfying i know custumers’s satisfaction is extrêmelly important to a compagnie for exemple I recently have a custumer than was deceive than we did not have an item in the store i cold for others branches of the compagnie and finaly called compagnie head quarter to found a item i than had been shiping it to our branche and the custumer had an item with for days to worked hard to meat customer need is never a priority

Here is my little help:
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS MORE THAN WAITING for CUSTOMER. IT INCLUDES to try the BEST to BE sure WHOM CUSTOMER is SATISFIED. I know CUSTOMER’s satisfaction is EXTREMELY important FOR a COMPANY. FOR EXAMPLE I recently have a CUSTOMER WHO was DISAPPOINTED THAT we did not have an item in the store. I CALLED for OTHER branches of the COMPANY, and FINALLY called COMPANY'S HEADQUARTERS to FIND AN item. I THEN had been SHIPPING it to our branche, and the CUSTOMER had an item with FOUR days to work. HARD to MEET NEEDED CUSTOMER is never a priority.

II) Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make meaningful sentences… All the words must be used, none should be added!
Première phrase :
RECEPTIONISTS/ SERVICE/ CAN/ CONSUMER/ TEAM/ VIRTUAL/ EXPERIENCED/ LIGHTEN/ COME/ CALLS/ LOAD/ OF/ BY/ TO/ YOU/ YOUR/ YOUR/ OUR/ HAVING/ = 19 - Start with :"You...
You can lighten your experimented receptionists team having by load your virtual calls to come of our consumer service.
Vous pouvez éclairer votre équipe de réceptionnistes expérimentés ayant en charge les appels virtuels à venir de notre service consommateurs.

Deux heures de plus, pas de muscle dans le cerveau, chère Lucile, mais la cocotte minute a failli exploser ! ...

deuxième phrase :
EACH/ EACH/ AN/ TO/ OF/ ITS/ IN/ THEY/ HOW/ AND/ AND/ WORK/ HAVE/ DON’T/ FIX/ USES/ KNOW/ INTIMATE/ STONEMASONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ TYPE/ PLACE/ STONE/ STONE/ ?/ = 24
Stonemasons have an intimate knowledge and know uses how to fix each stone in its place and don't they work each type of stone ?
Les tailleurs de pierres possèdent une connaissance intime et connaissent les usages pour fixer chaque pierre à sa place et ne travaillent-ils pas chaque type de pierre ?

III) ANOTHER TORTURE?
Vous dites que ces exercices sont très difficiles, mais que c’est ce que vous aimez … et je vois les « trouvailles » que vous faites … Maxwell, qui est un bourreau pire que moi, m’a suggéré un autre genre d’exercice … Un peu perplexe, je compte sur vos découvertes pour pouvoir faire un « corrigé » … qui sera, comme toujours appuyé sur vos efforts !
Maxwell : "A partir de l'expression française suivante : "Donner un air de fête à ", trouver au moins 3 traductions différentes possibles que vous utiliserez chacune dans une phrase qui explicitera le contexte dans lequel on peut l'utiliser, l'éventuel registre de langue associé, et les nuances de sens. Ces 3 expressions anglaises ne devront (si possible) pas être interchangeables, et chacune devra apporter quelque chose de différent.
Thanks a lot, Maxwell … I hope your friends will still love you after this exercise...

My answers are:
1) Mary lay the table that Sunday: it MAKES IT SO FESTIVE; by adding a bunch of flowers, it MAKES IT VERY FESTIVE.
Marie dresse la table ce dimanche : elle (la table) a un air de fête ; en ajoutant un bouquet de fleurs, cela donne un air de fête.

2) The whole country is IN A HOLIDAY MOOD : it's the National day, and people will dance all night long after fireworks.
Le pays tout entier a un air de fête : c'est la Fête Nationale, et les habitants danseront toute la nuit après les feux d'artifices.

3) That night, in Saint-Tropez, had its OWN CELEBRATORY ATMOSPHERE, when Summer comes and when Eddy Barclay invited all his friends in a stylish villa.
Cette nuit, à Saint-Tropez, avait son air de fête, quand l'été arrivait et qu'Eddy Barclay invitait tous ses amis dans une villa de style.

Friendly yours..., even after these really difficult exercises !
... A lot of work since your posting !!! "If at first you don't succeed, try again !"
Have a great Thursday and a very sweet week!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de chocolatcitron, postée le 15-03-2018 à 02:30:42 (S | E)
Hello!
Hu... Here4u, please, there is a missing consonant : you wanted to say "your", and not "you", which doesn't exist in your sentence..., or not..., didn't you ?
Thank you for your little help... oh no, for your great help !
Have a very sweet day!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de here4u, postée le 15-03-2018 à 09:24:52 (S | E)
Hello !

Choco et d'autres en mp ... pour vos vérifications scrupuleuses ...
Regardez-bien les nouveaux mots (Il y a bien un YOU et deux YOUR, mais un TO de moins, pas de PHONE mais un CAN en plus ... Le tout est maintenant garanti sans erreurs ... (mais quelle "prise de tête" comme diraient les élèves ... ) Lucile, Laurent, il me faudrait une équipe de "testeurs" ...
Bonne journée ... et désolée pour ceux qui ont déjà passé de longues minutes (avec "petits bouts de papier", ardoise effaçable, ordi, ou autre méthode)... I also guarantee that your brains have no risk of getting rusted or frozen!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de lucile83, postée le 15-03-2018 à 11:32:58 (S | E)
Hello,
Pour tester le chocolat, aucun problème et puis, il faut faire travailler le cerveau et ses neurones pour qu'ils restent jeunes !!! English is good for you
La preuve ici : Lien internet

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de chocolatcitron, postée le 15-03-2018 à 13:47:39 (S | E)
Bonjour !
Je suis volontaire pour tester tes forum avant de les poster !
Bonne journée !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de here4u, postée le 16-03-2018 à 09:28:22 (S | E)
Hello!

Choco... but I was just kidding! (Testing the "reordering would penalize the volunteer, and/or the other posters...) I'll manage, and will ask for help, if necessary...

Yes, Lucile! Let's not forget our brains! I'm used to telling Students that "if you don't use it, you lose it!"

and

(In front of their giggling, for a few years, I've had to add that I was speaking about our BRAINS
but I know most of them were thinking about their eyes...) Come on, never forget your brains, they'll be grateful and pay you back...

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de magie8, postée le 17-03-2018 à 22:55:10 (S | E)
Hello , bonjour tout le monde
Please help my student!
the customer services are most that to wait for customer it include to try the better to doing sure witch the custumers is satisfying i know custumer's satisfaction is extremelly importante to a compagnie for exemple I recently have a custumer than was deceive than we did not have an item in the store i cold for others branches of the compagnie and finaly called compagnie head quarter to found a item i than had been shiping it to our branche and the custumer had an item with for days to worked hard to meat customer need is never a priority

Mon travail ready to correctmany thanks
CustOmer Service (sans s) IS MORE THAN WAITING for THE CUSTOMER.It INCLUDES TRYING TO DO THE BEST TO BE sure TO SATISFY the CUSTOMER.I know, CUSTOMER'S satisfaction is EXTREMELY important FOR a COMPANY. for EXAMPLE:"I recently HAD a CUSTOMER WHO was DISPPOINTED THAT WE did not have THE item in the store THAT HE ASK FOR IT .I CALLED TO OTHER branches of the COMPANY and FINALLY CALLED THE COMPANY'S HEADQUARTERS to FIND THE item.THEN I HAD IT SHIPPED to our BRANCH and the CUSTOMER HAD HIS ITEM AFTER 4 DAYS TO WORK HARD."
TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS a priority.

Je passe directement à l 'exercice 3 car le 2 demande trop de temps.READY TO CORRECT MERCI

III. Another torture - donner un air de fête 3 different translations
1)For village parade kids decorate their bicycle with coloured papers TO GIVE its an ORIGINAL and FESTIVE LOOK.
Pour la parade villageoise les enfants décorent leurs vélos avec des papiers colorés pour leur donner un air de fête.

2)Every time I receive my American friend I create a card of welcome and plan a typical french meal with champagne as a TREAT INDICATING THAT A FOREIGN VISITOR ARRIVAL is REASON FOR CELEBRATION.
Chaque fois que je reçois mon ami Américain , je confectionne une carte de bienvenue et j'organise un repas typiquement français avec du champagne pour donner un air de fête

3)To ADD A FESTIVE FEEL to your party , choose some records of festive music and set up many flashing spotlights around the room .
Pour donner un air de fête à ta fête , choisis quelques disques de musique festive et
installe des projecteurs clignotants dans la pièce .

THANK YOU MAXWELL/ PAS MAL LE NOUVEAU MAXWELL J'AIME

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de taiji43, postée le 18-03-2018 à 16:28:10 (S | E)
Bonjour Here 4U, Lucile83 et les acteurs du Forum Merci de bien vouloir me corriger Bonne fin de weekend

READY TO BE CORRECTED Rack your Brain 28

I) Customer services are most that to wait for custumer it include to try the better to doing sure witch the custumers is satisfying i know custumers’s satisfaction is extrêmelly important to a compagnie for exemple I recently have a custumer than was deceive than we did not have an item in the store i cold for others branches of the compagnie and finaly called compagnie head quarter to found a item i than had been shiping it to our branche and the custumer had an item with for days to worked hard to meat customer need is never a priority

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS MORE THAN WAITING for CUSTOMERS. IT INCLUDES TRYING TO DO the BEST to BE sure THE CUSTOMERS ARE SATISFIED. I know, CUSTOMERS’ satisfaction is EXTREMELY important FOR a COMPANY. FOR EXAMPLE: I recently HAD a CUSTOMER WHO was DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE we did not have an item in the STORE. I CALLED OTHER branches of the COMPANY, and FINALLY, called THE COMPANY’s HEADQUARTER to FIND AN item. THEN, I MADE IT SHIPPED to our branch, and the CUSTOMER had HAD HIS item WITHIN FOUR days. WORKING HARD TO PROVIDE FOR CUSTOMERS’NEEDS is ALWAYS a priority.

III) ANOTHER TORTURE?
1.)This party had its own celebratory atmosphere, please come in, , you will not regret your evening. ou can dance or listen to band and drink surprising cocktail
Cette party a son propre air de fête, entrez, vous ne regretterez pas votre soirée. vous pourrez danser ou écouter l'orchestre et boire des cocktails surprenants

2.)He was singing, really, his look had a festive air. I believe he has been successful in all his undertakings
il chantait ,vraiment, son regard avait un air de fête .je crois, qu’il a réussi tout ce qu’il a entrepris.

3.) The first harvest of the colons on the American continent had a holyday mood that they shared with the natives who had helped them to sow and fertilize the ground with decaying fish
la première récolte des colons sur le continent américain fut un jour de fête qu'ils partagèrent avec les indigènes qui les avaient aidés à semer et fertiliser avec des poissons en décomposition. (story of the Mairy flower)

II) Make meaningful sentences
I spent one day long in order to find these sentences which should enjoy you thanks to their whims
I cannot find better, perhaps they will help the other participants We never know .

1. RECEPTIONISTS/ SERVICE/ CAN/ CONSUMER/ TEAM/ VIRTUAL/ EXPERIENCED/ LIGHTEN/ COME/ CALLS
/ LOAD/ OF/ BY/ TO/ YOU/ YOUR/ YOUR/ OUR/ HAVING/ = 19 - Start with :"You...

1)You can come to light our virtual experienced virtual receptionist team by having load your calls of your consumer service Vous pouvez découvrir notre équipe de réceptionnistes virtuels expérimentés, prenant en charge vos appels de votre service de consommateurs

EACH/ EACH/ AN/ TO/ OF/ ITS/ IN/ THEY/ HOW/ AND/ AND/ WORK/ HAVE/ DON’T/ FIX/ USES/ KNOW/ INTIMATE/ STONEMASONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ TYPE/ PLACE/ STONE/ STONE

2.) Stonemason have an intimate knowledge how to work each stone and fix each stone in place ; and its uses, don’t they know ?
Les tailleurs de Pierre on tune connaissance approfondie comment travailler chaque pierre et fixer chaque pierre en place. Mais ne savent-ils pas ses utilisations ?

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de alpiem, postée le 21-03-2018 à 20:53:38 (S | E)
hello,here4u ,maxwell and enthusiasts! READY NOW

I)
the customer services are most that to wait for custumer it include to try the better to doing sure witch the custumers is satisfying i know custumers's satisfaction is extrêmelly important to a compagnie for exemple I recently have a custumer than was deceive than we did not have an item in the store i cold for others branches of the compagnie and finaly called compagnie head quarter to found a item i than had been shiping it to our branche and the custumer had an item with for days to worked hard to meat customer need is never a priority

The customer services are more THAN WAITING for customerS. It includes TRYING TO BETTER MAKE sure that the customer is SATISFIED. I know that THE customer's satisfaction is extremely important FOR a company.
For exemple I have recenly HAD a customer WHO was DECEIVED BECAUSE WE DID NO HAVE an item in the
store .I CALLED for other branches of the company and finaly called the COMPANY HEADQUARTERS to FIND
an item WHICH I had being shipped to our BRANCH and the customer have had an item within four days. WORKING hard to MEET CUSTOMER'S need is ALWAYS a priority.

1.Modifications! 1. RECEPTIONISTS/ SERVICE/ CAN/ CONSUMER/ TEAM/ VIRTUAL/ EXPERIENCED/ LIGHTEN/ COME/ CALLS/ LOAD/ OF/ BY/ TO/ YOU/ YOUR/ YOUR/ OUR/ HAVING/ = 19 - Start with :"You...

You can lighten your calls load by having our team of experienced receptionists come to your vitual
consumer service.= 19

2. EACH/ EACH/ AN/ TO/ OF/ ITS/ IN/ THEY/ HOW/ AND/ AND/ WORK/ HAVE/ DON'T/ FIX/ USES/ KNOW/ INTIMATE/ STONEMASONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ TYPE/ PLACE/ STONE/ STONE/ ?/ = 24 - Start with : "Stonemasons... (and be cunning!= not as "obvious" as it seems...)

Stonemasons have an intimate knowledge of stone work;Don't they know each type uses and how to fix each stone in its place??= 23 +?

III) ANOTHER TORTURE?

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de tereda, postée le 22-03-2018 à 11:16:46 (S | E)
hello everyone

here is my try

Please, help my student! He really needs you!

The customer services are most WAITED for customers, it includeS to DO the BEST to BE SURE THE CUSTOMERS ARE SATISFIED . I know customers' satisfaction is EXTREMELY important FOR a COMPANY , for example, I recently HAD a customer WHO WAS DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE we did not have an item in the store, I CALLED for others branches of the COMPANY and FINALLY ASKED the company HEADQUARTERS to FIND an item WHICH HAS BEEN shipping to our branch ; and the customer HAS RECEIVED the item UNDER SOME days. WORKING hard to MEET customer need is EVER a priority !

Les services à la clientèle sont les plus attendus des clients, il comprend de faire de son mieux pour s'assurer que les clients sont satisfaits. Je sais que la satisfaction des clients est extrêmement importante pour une entreprise, par exemple j'ai eu récemment un client qui a été déçu que nous n'ayons pas un article dans le magasin, j'ai appelé d'autres filiales de la compagnie et finalement j'ai joint le siège social pour trouver l'article qui a été expédié à notre succursale et le client reçut l'article sous quelques jours. Travailler dur pour répondre aux besoins des clients est toujours une priorité.

II) Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make meaningful sentences

2. EACH/ EACH/ AN/ TO/ OF/ ITS/ IN/ THEY/ HOW/ AND/ AND/ WORK/ HAVE/ DON’T/ FIX/ USES/ KNOW/ INTIMATE/ STONEMASONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ TYPE/ PLACE/ STONE/ STONE/ ?/ = 24 - Start with : "Stonemasons... (and be cunning!= not as "obvious" as it seems...)

Stonemasons have an intimate knowledge of each type of stone , and they know to work its uses and how to fix in each place. 24

Les tailleurs de pierre ont une connaissance intime de chaque type de pierre, et ils savent travailler ses usages et comment les poser dans chaque endroit. 24

III) ANOTHER TORTURE?

1 To celebrate my next birthday, I would like to give a festive air by decorating the room where the party will take place, like an enchanted garden, with many plants, beautiful flowers and a lot of music of course.

2 In December, nothing more like a christmas tree in front of the house to give you a festive christmas spirit.

3 For the traditional popular festival at Brantôme in Périgord, the entire city is in a holiday mood, a lot of ribbons have been hang on the street lights, everywhere, many flowers decorate the shops and stands, it makes it very festive.

4 We can bring a new festive look at the kitchen unit, just changing the buttons of the doors, or customizing the ceramic with new stickers.

Thank you both here4u and Maxwell for your infinite imagination to make our brains work harder and harder....

READY TO BE CORRECTED

Thanks a lot

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de joe39, postée le 22-03-2018 à 12:43:18 (S | E)
Dear Here4u,
after unheard-of efforts and atrocious brain suffering, I'm able to present you,
my work , ready to be corrected.

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! He was
asked a question for an assignment, but has left « a few mistakes »... Can you correct them for him, please lot for you help.
Finding the necessary PUNCTUATION is the first step to success...

the customer services are most that to wait for custumer it
include to try the better to doing sure witch the custumers
is satisfying i know custumers’s satisfaction is extrêmelly
important to a compagnie for exemple I recently have a
custumer than was deceive than we did not have an item
in the store i cold for others branches of the compagnie
and finaly called compagnie head quarter to found a item i
than had been shiping it to our branche and the custumer
had an item with for days to worked hard to meat customer
need is never a priority.

The customer SERVICE IS MORE THAN to wait for CUSTOMER. It
INCLUDES to try the BEST TO MAKE sure THAT the CUSTOMER is
SATISFIED. I know THAT CUSTOMER satisfaction is EXTREMELY
important FOR a COMPANY. FOR EXAMPLE, I recently HAD HAD a
CUSTOMER WHO was DECEIVED, THINKING THAT we
didn’t have an item in the store. I CALLED for THE OTHER
branches of the COMPANY and FINALLY called THE COMPANY’S
HEADQUARTERS to FIND THIS item, THAT, THEN, HAD BEEN
SHIPPED to our BRANCH AND DELIVERED TO the customer.
An item, FOR WHICH I WORKED HARD for days TO FIND IT OUT.
BUT, MEET A CUSTOMER’S need is ALWAYS a priority.

I) Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make meaningful
sentences… All the words must be used, none should be added!
Modifications! 1. RECEPTIONISTS/ SERVICE/ CAN/ CONSUMER/
TEAM/ VIRTUAL/ EXPERIENCED/ LIGHTEN/ COME/ CALLS/ LOAD/
OF/ BY/ TO/ YOU/ YOUR/ YOUR/ OUR/ HAVING/ = 19 - Start
with :"You...
You can come load our experienced service of consumer by your
virtual calls , having to lighten your receptionists team.

2. EACH/ EACH/ AN/ TO/ OF/ ITS/ IN/ THEY/ HOW/ AND/ AND/
WORK/ HAVE/ DON’T/ FIX/ USES/ KNOW/ INTIMATE/
STONEMASONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ TYPE/ PLACE/ STONE/ STONE/ ?/
= 24 - Start with : "Stonemasons... (and be cunning!= not as
"obvious" as it seems...)

Stonemasons have an intimate uses’ knowledge of stonework and how to
fix each stone in its place and…don’t they know each stone type? 24**
**Indeed my dictionary shows STONE WORK as a unique word :
STONEWORK.

Iii – ANOTHER TORTURE=?

A partir de l'expression française suivante : "Donner un air de
fête à ", trouver au moins 3 traductions différentes possibles
que vous utiliserez chacune dans une phrase qui explicitera
le contexte dans lequel on peut l'utiliser, l'éventuel registre
de langue associé, et les nuances de sens. Ces 3 expressions
anglaises ne devront (si possible) pas être interchangeables,
et chacune devra apporter quelque chose de différent.

1 – The merry pealing of bells was GIVING RISE OF A FESTIVE AIR to people,
who was crowding into the small medieval church to celebrate
the Easter.

2 – White sails of tacking boats catching the scarce wind,
far out on the sea, made me feel that THE GENTLE BLOWING BREEZE
was part of the JOYFUL SENSATION DONATED TO me by
the advent of springtime.

3 - Swarms of screeching swallows,
in wild carousels, are hunting their preys,
filling my soul OF GOOD MOOD,
something the nature IS GIFTING TO me,
in the vanishing light of a summer sundown.

Thanking for your nice exercise, I remain,
hoping you have a pleasant day.

So long
Joe39

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de djim21, postée le 23-03-2018 à 15:03:04 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and Maxwell,
It wasn't easy but it's what we like. Thanks
Have a nice week end
ready for correction

I) Please, help my student!
the customer services are most that to wait for custumer ; it include to try the better to doing sure witch the custumers is satisfying i know custumers’s satisfaction is extrêmelly important to a compagnie ; for exemple, I recently have a custumer than was deceive than we did not have an item in the store i cold for others branches of the compagnie and finaly called compagnie head quarter to found a item i than had been shiping it to our branche and the custumer had an item with for days to worked hard to meat customer need is never a priority

THE customer SERVICE IS MORE THAN WAITING for THE CUSTOMER ; it INCLUDES DOING YOUR BEST to MAKE SURE the CUSTOMER is SATISFIED.
I know THE CUSTOMER’S satisfaction is EXTREMELY important FOR a COMPANY ; for EXAMPLE, I recently HAD a CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN DISAPPOINTING BECAUSE we HAD NOT an item in the store.
I CALLED TO THE OTHER branches of the COMPANY and FINALLY TO THE COMPANY’S HEADQUARTERS
to FIND THE item WHICH had been SHIPPED to our BRANCH and the CUSTOMER had THE item AFTER FOUR days.
WORKING hard to MEET CUSTOMER’S NEED is ALWAYS a priority.

1. RECEPTIONISTS/ SERVICE/ CAN/ CONSUMER/ TEAM/ VIRTUAL/ EXPERIENCED/ LIGHTEN/ COME/ CALLS/ LOAD/ OF/ BY/ TO/ YOU/ YOUR/ YOUR/ OUR/ HAVING/ = 19 - Start with :"You…
You can lighten load of your experienced team consumer service by having your calls come to our virtual receptionists.

Vous pouvez soulager la charge de travail de notre équipe expérimentée du service consommateur en ayant vos appels redirigés vers nos réceptionnistes virtuels.

2. EACH/ EACH/ AN/ TO/ OF/ ITS/ IN/ THEY/ HOW/ AND/ AND/ WORK/ HAVE/ DON’T/ FIX/ USES/ KNOW/ INTIMATE/ STONEMASONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ TYPE/ PLACE/ STONE/ STONE/ ?/ = 24

Stonemasons have an intimate knowledge of each stone type, they know its uses and how to work each stone they don’t fix in place.

Les tailleurs de pierre ont une connaissance approfondie de chaque type de pierre, ils connaissent leurs usages et savent comment travailler chaque pierre qu’ils ne réparent pas sur place.

III) ANOTHER TORTURE?
Candles will give your home a festive feeling. / Serving your cake with candied fruits and icing sugar on top makes it extra festive. / Cinemas, night bars, little restaurants, discos and pedestrian streets give the city a permanent festive air.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de here4u, postée le 26-03-2018 à 16:56:42 (S | E)
Hello,

Vos corrections sont envoyées ... Encore 48 heures pour les "late-posters"...

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de maxwell, postée le 26-03-2018 à 20:53:25 (S | E)
FINISHED

Hello Here4U
Thanks a lot for lowering slightly the level, even though "Reorder the words" was still too long and difficult for me
I'm fond of the 3rd one though I've torn my hair out to make categories...

I) Help my student :
[] [C]ustomer services are MOSTLY HERE to ATTEND ON CUSTOMERS' NEEDS[.]
[I]t INCLUDES TRYING THEIR BEST to MAKE sure THAT [] CUSTOMERS ARE SATISFIED[.]
[I] know CUSTOMERS'[] satisfaction is EXTREMELY important to a COMPANY[:]
for EXAMPLE[,] I recently HAD TO DEAL WITH a CUSTOMER WHO was DISAPPOINTED THAT we did not have an item in [] store [;]
SO [I] CALLED [] OTHER branches of the COMPANY and FINALLY called THE COMPANY HEADQUARTERS to FIND THE item [;]
AFTERWARDS, I HAD IT SHIPPED to our BRANCH and the custumer RECEIVED HIS item WITHIN FOUR days[.]
WORKING hard to MEET CUSTOMERS' NEEDS is EVER a priority[!]

II) Reorder the words:
You can lighten your load of customer service calls by having our experienced virtual receptionists come to your team
Vous pouvez alléger votre charge d'appels au service client en faisant venir nos réceptionnistes virtuels expérimentés jusqu'à votre équipe.

STONEMASONS HAVE AN INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE OF EACH STONE TYPE, ITS USES, AND KNOW HOW TO WORK AND FIX EACH STONE IN PLACE, DON'T THEY ?
Les maçons ont une connaissance intime (= approfondie) de chaque type de pierre, de ses utilisations, et savent comment travailler et fixer chaque pierre en place, n'est-ce pas ?

III)
L'exercice est intéressant en lui-même mais le choix de l'expression ne s'y prêtait pas : J'ai eu l'impression de couper les cheveux en 4 en essayant de catégoriser et je n'ai pas réussi... J'ai d'autres idées pour les prochains exercices où les catégories seront plus claires...

1. => touche festive, atmosphère festive
1. Please give me your tips to add a festive touch to my home: I'm receiving friends to celebrate their marriage next week.

Autres expressions :
1. give a photo a festive look
1. make it (seem) very/so/extra festive
1. add a festive feel to your party
1. give your home a festive feeling
1. add a festival-like atmosphere
1. give a festive atmosphere to the simplest of salads
1. bring festive flair to holiday gift-wrapping
1. inject a festive flair to your outdoor living room
1. give a festive air to your plate / give the room a festive air

2. => air de vacances
2. I've bought a mimosa and a palm tree to bring a holiday air to my conservatory : that way, I can imagine myself being in August, in the Midi.

3. => apparence ludique, amusante, originale
3. This year, I've designed myself the Advent Calender telling how children managed to solve an investigation in twenty-five days : I've added a picture, a short coloured text including a clue, and many embellishments to give it a fun look.

Autres expressions :

3. bring fun to the kitchen and to your table

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de here4u, postée le 28-03-2018 à 23:48:41 (S | E)
Hello!

Voici votre correction. Cette fois encore, je recherche un/ des volontaire(s) pour traduire la correction du texte de mon élève et les deux phrases reconstituées.

Certains m'ont encore maudite pour ce qui est de l'exercice de "reordering". J'ai donc fait beaucoup plus facile et grammatical pour le nouveau ... Vous verrez, avec cette correction, qu'il n'y avait pas de réelles difficultés dans ces phrases ... Je vous accorde cependant qu'elles étaient très longues !
Mon élève a été beaucoup mieux compris (et corrigé) que les fois précédentes ! Comme quoi on s'habitue à tout !
Tout le monde a fait de bonnes phrases pour l'exercice de Maxwell. Bravo donc, pour vos recherches, vos efforts et vos trouvailles !

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you!

Customer service is more than waiting on (1) customers. It includes trying your best(2) to make sure that the customer is satisfied. I know customer satisfaction is extremely important to (3) your company. For example, I recently had a customer who was disappointed that we did not have an item in our store. I called four other branches of our company and finally called company headquarters, to find the item. I then had it shipped to our branch(4), and the customer had the item within four days. Working hard to meet customers’ needs(5) is always a priority.

- to wait on a client = servir quelqu'un ... à ne pas mélanger, bien sûr avec "to wait for" qui signifie "attendre".
- to do your best= faire de votre mieux.
- it's important to him ... c'est important pour lui
- to be disappointed = être déçu. To be deceived = FAUX-AMI = qui signifie "tromper".
- a branch of a company = une succursale de notre entreprise.
- the Headquarters = le siège d'une compagnie
- to have something done = to have my hair cut / to have a room painted = faire faire quelque chose. Lien internet

- to meet customer's needs = satisfaire les besoins du consommateur.

II)Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make meaningful sentences… All the words must be used, none should be added!
1.RECEPTIONISTS/ SERVICE/ CAN/ CONSUMER/ TEAM/ VIRTUAL/ EXPERIENCED/ LIGHTEN/ COME/ CALLS/ LOAD/ OF/ BY/ TO/ YOU/ YOUR/ YOUR/ OUR/ HAVING/ = 19
You can lighten your consumer service load by having your calls come to our experienced team of virtual receptionists.

(Attention au "double sens de "to lighten") Lien internet

2.EACH/ EACH/ AN/ TO/ OF/ ITS/ IN/ THEY / HOW/ AND/ AND/ WORK/ HAVE / DON’T /FIX/ USES/ KNOW/ INTIMATE/ STONEMASONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ TYPE/ PLACE/ STONE/ STONE/ ?/ = 24
Stonemasons have an intimate knowledge of each stone type, its uses, and know how to work and fix each stone in place, don’t they ?

La petite difficulté consistait à se demander dans quelles circonstances une phrase se terminait par un point d'interrogation sans être interrogative ... Il fallait penser au question-tag, bien sûr.
OK! C'était long, très chronophage ... un vrai casse-tête.

III) ANOTHER TORTURE?
2 de vos phrases que j’ai particulièrement appréciées …
- To add a festive look to your party, choose some records of festive music and set up flashing spotlights around the room .
Pour donner un air de fête à ta fête , choisis quelques disques de musique festive et installe des projecteurs clignotants dans la pièce .
- The first harvest of the settlers on the American continent had a holiday mood that they shared with the Natives who had helped them sow and fertilize the land with decaying fish = La première récolte des colons sur le continent américain fut un jour de fête qu'ils partagèrent avec les indigènes qui les avaient aidés à semer et fertiliser le sol avec des poissons en décomposition. (story of the Mayflower)
Et puis, bien sûr, la récapitulation faite par Maxwell.

1. => touche festive, atmosphère festive
Autres expressions :
1. give a photo a festive look
1. make it (seem) very/so/extra festive
1. add a festive feel to your party
1. give your home a festive feeling
1. add a festival-like atmosphere
1. give a festive atmosphere to the simplest of salads
1. bring festive flair to holiday gift-wrapping
1. inject a festive flair to your outdoor living room
1. give a festive air to your plate / give the room a festive air
2. => air de vacances
3. => apparence ludique, amusante, originale

Je laisse deux ou trois jours aux volontaires ... S'il n'y en a pas, je mettrai les traductions, mais je pense vraiment que vous apprenez beaucoup plus en le faisant vous-mêmes.

Encore et BRAVO à tous.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de maxwell, postée le 29-03-2018 à 21:37:59 (S | E)
Hello!
Je suis volontaire pour les 2 phrases

1. You can lighten your consumer service load by having your calls come to our experienced team of virtual receptionists.
Vous pouvez alléger la charge de votre service (aux) consommateurs en routant vos appels vers notre équipe expérimentée de standardistes virtuelles.

2.Stonemasons have an intimate knowledge of each stone type, its uses, and know how to work and fix each stone in place, don’t they?
Les tailleurs de pierres ont une connaissance intime de chaque type de pierre, de ses usages, et savent comment travailler et disposer chaque pierre en place, non ?

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de here4u, postée le 29-03-2018 à 23:04:44 (S | E)
Hello!

Parfait, Maxwell, et

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 18 de tereda, postée le 30-03-2018 à 10:34:11 (S | E)
hello everyone,

Je propose cette traduction

Customer service is more than waiting on (1) customers. It includes trying your best(2) to make sure that the customer is satisfied. I know customer satisfaction is extremely important to (3) your company. For example, I recently had a customer who was disappointed that we did not have an item in our store. I called four other branches of our company and finally called company headquarters, to find the item. I then had it shipped to our branch(4), and the customer had the item within four days. Working hard to meet customers’ needs(5) is always a priority.

Le service client est plus que de servir les clients. Cela inclut essayer de faire le maximum pour s'assurer que le client est satisfait. Je sais que la satisfaction du client est extrêmement importante pour une entreprise. Par exemple, j'ai récemment eu un client qui était déçu que nous n'avions pas un article en particulier dans notre magasin. J'ai appelé quatre autres filiales de notre société et finalement j'ai contacté le siège de l'entreprise, pour trouver l'article. Je l'ai ensuite fait expédier à notre succursale (4), et le client a eu l'article dans les quatre jours. Travailler dur pour répondre aux besoins des clients (5) est toujours une priorité.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux