Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry

(2)Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Page 2 / 2 - Voir la page << | 1 | 2 | Fin
Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de chrys, postée le 17-07-2015 à 00:19:58 (S | E)
hello ...again

Pffffffffff, toutes les lettres se sont déplacées !
I haven't used all the letters, because I didn't know the other names ( I have only found 7). I think that I couldn't improve more, so I have posted it and you can correct when you want.
Have a good night !!
friendly,
Chrys

I just have found another list with fish names so I try again

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de siren12, postée le 17-07-2015 à 00:40:15 (S | E)
Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry

Hello here 4u

My try is below. I've finished it. You may take it when you want.

I) Translate into English :
1) Il m'arrive souvent de me demander pourquoi le temps semble passer plus vite au fil des ans. Lorsque j'avais 13 ans, une année me paraissait des siècles.
I often wonder why time flies faster over the years. When I was 13, a year seemed to last centuries.

2) Pourquoi abandonner des habitudes quand elles étaient bonnes. Il vaudrait mieux faire un tri réel : garder le bon et jeter le mauvais ...
Why give up some habits when they are good. It would be better to really sort out :
Keep the good and throw away the bad...

3) Tu me manques terriblement, mais je manque aussi de temps, d'argent et de place pour ranger correctement mes affaires.
I terribly miss you, but I also run out of time, money and room to correctly tidy up my stuff.

4) Plus il me faisait attendre, moins j'avais envie de le rencontrer, et plus j'étais en colère contre lui.
The more he kept me waiting, the less I felt like meeting him, and the more I was getting angry with him.

5) Avec beaucoup de nostalgie, il se souvint des fins d'années scolaires de son enfance, et des foules de souvenirs se bousculèrent dans son esprit.
With much nostalgia, he remained the end of school years of his childhood and crowd of memories come tumbling out his mind.

II) VOCABULARY: Slide the abacus ....

It's too hard for me. I looked for words during five hours.
I found 3 words about feelings and only one about fish:eel
Congratulations to Chocolat Citron.
Maybe, next time you'll mask his responses and give the others hints like the theme and the number of letters for each word.
Nobody dared to copy him.

III) Jim thinks he's finished his essay. He's just asked you to correct his mistakes. Can you help, please?

Oh yes, he reminded it... It was the first time he left her home, her parents, and was among stranger in foreigner country. He asked to oneself how long he will feel so alone and didn't know what answering. He knew he would wait next time to ask his friends advices. He needed them really and will make his best telling everyone about those news informations. He's wanted help others.

Oh yes, he remembered it...It was the first time he left his home, his parents, and was a foreigner abroad. He wondered how long he would be feeling so lonely and didn't know what to answer. He knew he would be waiting next time for getting friends' advice.
He really needed them and would do his best to give everyone these news informations. He wanted to help the others.

Merci encore here4u pour ce nouvel exercice palpitant ainsi que pour la conversation fort distrayante avec Lucile et Chocolatcitron.
Un petit parfum de vacances.

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de chrys, postée le 17-07-2015 à 02:05:10 (S | E)
Ca y est, j'ai tout trouvé !!!!! mais ça a été dur, je ne connaissais pas le vocabulaire !!!! Mais je l'ai eu à l'usure, ce jeu cet exercice !!! ouf !
Tu peux corriger quand tu veux et moi ... je vais dormir !
Bonne nuit !

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de icare29, postée le 17-07-2015 à 17:58:06 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and all the hardworkers ... here is my work
I think it's OK for me
1) I often find myself wondering why time seems to pass faster over the years . When I was thirteen , one year seemed centuries for me
2) Why give up habits when these ones were good . It would be better making a real sorting : keep the good ones and throw away the bad ones
3) I miss you terribly, but I am also lacking time , money and room for tidying up my belongings correctly
4) The more waited he made me ,the less meeting him I felt like and the angrier with him I was
5) With a lot of nostalgia ,he remembered the ends of school years of his childhood. A flood of reminiscences were rushing in his mind.

II) Vocabulary : This exercise made me completely crazy .... I confess I can't find any words
Congratulations to both Choco and Maxwell who are the best among us

III) Jim thinks he's finished his essay. He's just asked you to correct his mistakes. Can you help, please?
Oh yes , he remembered it .... it was the first time he had left his home , his parents and he was among strangers in foreign country. He asked himself how long he would feel so lonely and didn't know when he could answer .He knew he should wait for the next time to ask his friends their advice . He really needed these and would do his best in order to tell everyone about that new information .He would want to help the others.

for this new exercise ..very exciting but not easy..

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de here4u, postée le 17-07-2015 à 18:24:13 (S | E)
ARGHHHHHHH!!! Stupid as I am, I hadn't noticed that the topic had changed pages... and I'm really behind with my work...
I hope the posts above didn't require an answer... I'm sorry if they did... I have a meeting in 5 minutes... I'll look when it's finished!

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de here4u, postée le 18-07-2015 à 10:33:08 (S | E)
Hello !
Individual corrections on their way since yesterday... (should be finished to be sent by tomorrow...)
Ariane, I nearly forgot your latest try... Sorry for it. Will be sent today; I promise ...)
Thanks, maxwell! 'Got your work!
Please, Koreen, confirm if I can take yours, or should wait...
A wonderful day to all of you!

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de maxwell, postée le 18-07-2015 à 12:10:39 (S | E)
Hello dear Here4U.
I'm working on exercise III but I'd like to ask you one question : What did you mean in French for 'He asked to oneself' :
Il s'est demandé (à lui-même) ?
ou bien :
Il a demandé à quelqu'un ?
Thanks a lot !

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de joe39, postée le 18-07-2015 à 12:46:27 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,
I thank you very much for feeding me in such a nice way. Indeed this time you graciously served me something bigger than that I could swallow, that is the exercise II. The most I have been able to find, that could be properly put on the grid was following: eel, salmon, shark, wara, tuna, herring. I’m really sorry.

1) Il m'arrive souvent de me demander pourquoi le temps semble passer plus vite au fil des ans. Lorsque j'avais 13 ans, une année me paraissait des siècles.
I'm often wondering why time seems to pass quicker during the elapsing of the life. When I was 13, a year seemed to me as if it was lasting for centuries.
2) Pourquoi abandonner des habitudes quand elles étaient bonnes. Il vaudrait mieux faire un tri réel : garder le bon et jeter le mauvais ...
Why drop habits when they proved to be good. It would be better make a wise sorting: keep the good and discard the bad...But, (just for kidding) paying attention to not throw the baby out with the bathwater.
3) Tu me manques terriblement, mais je manque aussi de temps, d'argent et de place pour ranger correctement mes affaires.
I miss you an awful lot, but I'm also afflicted by the lack of time, money as well as a place where to properly manage my businesses.
4) Plus il me faisait attendre, moins j'avais envie de le rencontrer, et plus j'étais en colère contre lui.
The more he made me wait, the less I wanted to meet him and..the more I was going up the wall with him.
5) Avec beaucoup de nostalgie, il se souvint des fins d'années scolaires de son enfance, et des foules de souvenirs se bousculèrent dans son esprit.
Feeling a lot of nostalgia, he reminded the end of the school years of his infancy and crowds of memories rushed into his mind.

II) VOCABULARY: Slide the abacus beads (letters) along the wires (lines) to form 10 related words (belonging to the same theme) reading down. (The beads are on wires, and CANNOT jump over one another!)
Work well! You'll soon realize that this is no game!

------------------------------------------------------------
|---E--- C ---- W ----------- H------------T--------------|
|--------S------ ------S-------------H---------------------|
|---P----- E---------S --------------U--------------------|
|---- T-----------A --------------------------------------|
|-------- I ------------ R -----------------A-------------|
|------L------H---------- R------L -------R-------N-------|
|------- E-----------M -----------------------------------|
|--- O ---------------T----------- R------------ D -------|
|-A------- ---A----------I-------A------------------------|
|-----O--------- N--------I------------I------------------|
|---- I --------R- ---U---------O-------------------------|
|---- -----C ------L-------T--G -----N-----N--------------|
|--E-----K -----D -------------N-------G----E-------------|

Oh yes, he reminded it... It was the first time he had left his home, his parents, and was a stranger in a foreign country. He asked himself how long he would feel so alone and didn't know how to answer the question.
He knew he should wait for the next opportunity to ask his friends some advice.
He really needed it and would do his best in order to make everyone informed about
that new information. He wanted to help the others.
Bon courage ! I give you the Force !

Notwithstanding the fish ,
The « banquet « was rich,
And I can lift the cup to drink
A toast to you,
Though on the brink,
Of despair,
For not have been able,
To solve your awesome quiz.

I wish you, thanking, a nice weekend.
Yours friendly
Joe.

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de here4u, postée le 18-07-2015 à 13:08:50 (S | E)
Hello maxwell!
Ah Maxwell! Here, you're facing teachers' worst dilemma...
I don't mean anything ... but Jim must have tried to express something, and you should help him! Your 'mission' is to guess what he may have tried to write ... and express it in the best possible way ! Hard mission... Some gave up, but a language teacher never does! Go for it!

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de here4u, postée le 20-07-2015 à 22:56:44 (S | E)
Hello! Dear Friends!
Thank you to all of you for your excellent work... and Congrats to all of you...

I often happen to wonder why Time seems to go faster over the years. When I was 13, a year seemed like centuries, to me.
- il m’arrive de faire = I happen to do
- Se demander = to ask oneself ; => I ask myself = I wonder.
- le temps = le temps en général => pas de déterminant => Time
- as years go by
- sembler = to seem like, to feel like …

2) Pourquoi abandonner des habitudes quand elles étaient bonnes. Il vaudrait mieux faire un tri réel : garder le bon et jeter le mauvais ....
Why give up habits, when they were good. It would be better to have them sorted out carefully: keeping those which are good, and throwing the bad ones away …
- Why/Why not + infinitif SANS TO , (à retenir!)
- faire un tri = to sort out
- Attention si vous employez ‘make’: il a souvent le sens de ‘faire faire’ avec contrainte. Ici, personne ne vous obligeait à trier … =>To have something done => sens passif quelque chose est fait.
- jeter = to throw away / to discard

I miss you tremendously, but I also lack time, money, and space to tidy up my things properly.
-I miss you =Tu me manques (= Je manque de toi !)
- On ne ‘miss’ pas le temps … You lack time, you run out of time, you want more time…

The more he was keeping me waiting, the less I was feeling like meeting him, and the angrier I was with him.
- Faire attendre = to keep someone waiting ;
- avoir envie = to feel like + ing
- revoir la progression parallèle … Plus, …. plus … THE MORE ….THE MORE …THE LESS …(c’est la forme comparative qui prend quand même le determinant 'the'.)
- the angrier / the more angry les deux conviennent.
- Bien faire attention au rejet du verbe en fin de phrase dans cette structure

5) Avec beaucoup de nostalgie, il se souvint des fins d'années scolaires de son enfance.
With a lot of nostalgia, he remembered the ends of the school years when he was a kid.
-J’ai choisi la simplicité ; THE ends of the school-years (parce que ces fins d’années sont déterminées par of, ce ne sont pas n’importe lesquelles.)

III) VOCABULARY ;

|-------E-------C--------W ----H-----------T----|
|---S---------------S----H -----------------------|
|P---------------------------- E----S------U----|
|-----------T-------A -----------------------------|
|------------------------I-----R ---A------------|
|L--H------R-------L-------------- R----- N----|
|-------E-----------M -----------------------------|
|-----------O -----------T-----R----D -----------|
|A--A--------------------I-----------------A----|
|---------------O--------N-----I--- -I-------------|
|I--R----- -U-------O-----------------------------|
|C------L-- T------------G ----N----N------------|
|E--K ----------D --N----------G---- E------------|

De gauche à droite:
Plaice : carrelet
Shark:Requin
Eel : anguille
Trout:Truite
Cod :cabillaud, morue
Salmon:Saumon
Whiting:Merlan
Herring:Hareng
Sardine:Sardine
Tuna:Thon

Il me reste à vous dire pourquoi j’ai choisi les poissons : vieille nostalgie d’une habitude très britannique : ‘le fish and chips’ acheté dans les ‘Fish and chip shops’ à emporter ou à consommer sur place. C’était une vraie fête d’avoir le droit d’aller chercher ainsi son ‘repas exceptionnel’ avec les cousins … Je me souviens encore du goût du vinaigre qui était rajouté. (c’est ma ‘madeleine’ ...) Je choisissais toujours 'plaice and chips’ or ‘cod and chips’, sans savoir vraiment ce qu’était l’un ou l’autre … (je ne connais toujours pas le carrelet !) This exercise is to make up for my ignorance

III) Jim thinks he’s finished his essay. He’s just asked you to correct his mistakes. Can you help?
Oh yes, he reminded it ... It was the first time he left her home, her parents, and was among stranger in a foreigner country. He asked to oneself how long he will feel so alone and didn't know what answering. He knew he would wait next time to ask his friends advices. He needed them really and will make his best telling them(7) about those news experiment.

Oh yes … He remembered(1) it … It was the first time he had left (2) his home, his parents, and was among strangers in a foreign country (3). He wondered (4) how long he would feel so lonely (5) and didn’t know what to answer. The following time(6), he knew he would wait to ask for his friends ‘ advice(7). He needed it really and would do his best, telling his friends(8) about those new experiments.
(1) : Différence entre ‘to remember stg ou sby’ = ‘I remember you!’= se souvenir ET ‘to remind sby OF stg’ :it reminded me of our holiday together= se rappeler de ; réviser le [[106510]]
(2) : It’s the first time + present perfect => It was the first time + plu perfect.
(3) : Différence entre ‘stranger’ = inconnu et ‘foreigner’ = étranger. Abroad = excellent.
(4) : ‘He wondered’ = ‘He asked himself’ introduction au passé => impose le conditionnel par concordance des temps. ATTENTION ! ‘To ask oneself ‘est l’expression neutre donnée dans les dictionnaires. Il faut , bien sûr, la décliner : I ask myself, he asks himself ….
(5) : alone = seul physiquement ; lonely = solitaire .
(6) : next (discours direct) devient => 'the following time' (discours indirect introduit par ‘il se demandait’.)
(7) : là, j’avais accumulé les difficultés … to ask for stg ; ‘his friends’ au pluriel => génitif par simple ‘ ; (J’ai déplacé ‘the following time’ au début, il pouvait être en fin de phrase …) ; ‘advice’ = les conseils = indénombrable singulier. => d’où le ‘it’ si vous aviez bien suivi Jim (qui était difficile à suivre … ! C’est comme ça, un élève ! )
(8) : ‘them’ est ambigu … donc, on répète le mot auquel se réfère le pronom.

Voilà ! Lorsque je regarde cette correction et vos prestations, j'ai vraiment l'impression que c'était facile ... Pardonnez-moi si vous n'êtes pas d'accord et avez souffert ... Merci encore pour ce temps que vous m'accordez, et ce travail que vous m'offrez!
Please, excuse any remaining error or typo...

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de chrys, postée le 20-07-2015 à 23:48:02 (S | E)
Dear Here4u,
Thanks a lot for this marvellous and detailed correction, as usual !!!
Good night ...
Chrys

Réponse : Ex. 47/Feeding the Hungry de dinoza, postée le 22-07-2015 à 20:14:14 (S | E)
Thank you so much, indeed.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum
Page 2 / 2 - Voir la page << | 1 | 2 | Fin

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux