Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Exercices 75
Message de felin posté le 22-06-2006 à 12:40:11 (S | E | F | I)

Bonjour tout le monde

Correction Mercredi soir 28/06/06

Read the text below and think of the word which best fits each space. Use only one word. When, where, which, whose, that, why, with,

Relative clauses.

The return of the native

1980 was the year .......... (0) I first went back to the small village .........(1) I was born. I was only three years old ...........(2) my parents went to settle in the States ...........(3)1 now consider my home. But like a lot of first-generation Americans ............ (4) parents were constantly talking about 'home' as another country, I was curious to find out more about this place from ............ (5) we had emigrated more than twenty years before. The reason ............. (6) I hadn't visited the land of my parents earlier -something ................ (7) I now regret – perhaps had something to do with the way ........... (8) they would always talk about it as if it were my real home, .......... (9) for me was the States. The first impression I got on arriving in Santa Maria was the heat, ........... (10) was unbearable. The people ................. (11) were waiting to greet me at the airport were all incredibly friendly and they spoke of the time ......... (12) I was a child in the village as if it was yesterday. My grandfather, ........... (13) eyes filled with tears when he saw me, and who I would be staying ............. (14) while on the island, looked incredibly like my father, ............... (15) hair had recently started to go grey. The village itself, which was a two-hour journey up the mountain, was simply stunning.

Good luck.

Réponse: Exercices 75 de bartok, postée le 22-06-2006 à 15:48:30 (S | E)
Hi,

Please find bellow my answers to exercices 75:

0- when 11- who
1- where 12- when
2- when 13- with
3- that 14- with
4- whose 15- whose
5- where
6- why
7- which
8- with
9 - which
10- which

In advance, thanks for correcting as I am not sure at all!!

Réponse: Exercices 75 de marit64, postée le 23-06-2006 à 02:48:33 (S | E)
Hi felin!

The return of the native

1980 was the year when I first went back to the small village where I was born. I was only three years old when my parents went to settle in the States which 1 now consider my home. But like a lot of first-generation Americans whose parents were constantly talking about 'home' as another country, I was curious to find out more about this place from where we had emigrated more than twenty years before. The reason why I hadn't visited the land of my parents earlier -something that I now regret – perhaps had something to do with the way which they would always talk about it as if it were my real home, whose for me was the States. The first impression I got on arriving in Santa Maria was the heat, which was unbearable. The people which were waiting to greet me at the airport were all incredibly friendly and they spoke of the time when I was a child in the village as if it was yesterday. My grandfather, whose eyes filled with tears when he saw me, and who I would be staying with while on the island, looked incredibly like my father, whose hair had recently started to go grey. The village itself, which was a two-hour journey up the mountain, was simply stunning.

My dear felin,
please, please, please, don't be too severe. I've done my best.

Réponse: Exercices 75 de bobine, postée le 23-06-2006 à 08:55:55 (S | E)
Hello Miss,

The return of the native

1980 was the year when (0) I first went back to the small village where(1) I was born. I was only three years old when(2) my parents went to settle in the States that(3)I now consider my home. But like a lot of first-generation Americans whose (4) parents were constantly talking about 'home' as another country, I was curious to find out more about this place from where (5) we had emigrated more than twenty years before. The reason why (6) I hadn't visited the land of my parents earlier -something that (7) I now regret – perhaps had something to do with the way which (8) they would always talk about it as if it were my real home, which (9) for me was the States. The first impression I got on arriving in Santa Maria was the heat, which (10) was unbearable. The people who (11) were waiting to greet me at the airport were all incredibly friendly and they spoke of the time when (12) I was a child in the village as if it was yesterday. My grandfather, whose (13) eyes filled with tears when he saw me, and who I would be staying with (14) while on the island, looked incredibly like my father, whose (15) hair had recently started to go grey. The village itself, which was a two-hour journey up the mountain, was simply stunning.

kisses

Réponse: Exercices 75 de coferam, postée le 23-06-2006 à 11:47:52 (S | E)

Bonjour Felin,

The return of the native = Le retour de l’indigène.

1980 was the year ....when.........(0) I first went back to the small village where.........(1) I was born. I was only three years old .... When.......(2) my parents went to settle in the States .... that.......(3)1 now consider my home. But like a lot of first-generation Americans ...whose......... (4) parents were constantly talking about 'home' as another country, I was curious to find out more about this place from .. where .......... (5) we had emigrated more than twenty years before. The reason .. which....(6) I hadn't visited the land of my parents earlier -something .... that............ (7) I now regret – perhaps had something to do with the way .. which......... (8) they would always talk about it as if it were my real home, .. When........ (9) for me was the States. The first impression I got on arriving in Santa Maria was the heat, .. which......... (10) was unbearable. The people ..... that............ (11) were waiting to greet me at the airport were all incredibly friendly and they spoke of the time .... When..... (12) I was a child in the village as if it was yesterday. My grandfather, . whose.......... (13) eyes filled with tears when he saw me, and who I would be staying .... with......... (14) while on the island, looked incredibly like my father, .... whose........... (15) hair had recently started to go grey. The village itself, which was a two-hour journey up the mountain, was simply stunning.

Merci.
(désolé de ne pas faire ressortir les réponses...les couleurs ont disparu !!!)

-------------------
Modifié par felin le 24-06-2006 19:06,bonsoir coferam, ce n'est pas grave.

Réponse: Exercices 75 de nanette33, postée le 23-06-2006 à 19:58:07 (S | E)

Hello Felin

1980 was the year when (0) I first went back to the small village where(1) I was born. I was only three years old when(2) my parents went to settle in the States that(3)I now consider my home. But like a lot of first-generation Americans whose (4) parents were constantly talking about 'home' as another country, I was curious to find out more about this place from where (5) we had emigrated more than twenty years before. The reason why (6) I hadn't visited the land of my parents earlier -something that (7) I now regret – perhaps had something to do with the way which (8) they would always talk about it as if it were my real home, that (9) for me was the States. The first impression I got on arriving in Santa Maria was the heat, which (10) was unbearable. The people who (11) were waiting to greet me at the airport were all incredibly friendly and they spoke of the time when (12) I was a child in the village as if it was yesterday. My grandfather, whose (13) eyes filled with tears when he saw me, and who I would be staying with (14) while on the island, looked incredibly like my father, whose (15) hair had recently started to go grey. The village itself, which was a two-hour journey up the mountain, was simply stunning.

Réponse: Exercices 75 de annie, postée le 26-06-2006 à 14:23:39 (S | E)

Hello Felin,

0) when
1) where
2) when
3) that
4) whose
5) where
6) why
7) that
8) whose
9) which
10) which
11) who
12) when
13) with
14) with
15) whose

See you soon

Réponse: Exercices 75 de felin, postée le 28-06-2006 à 15:25:27 (S | E)
Bonjour tout le monde

Voici la correction:

The return of the native

1980 was the year when (0) I first went back to the small village where (1) I was born. I was only three years old when (2) my parents went to settle in the States which (3)1 now consider my home. But like a lot of first-generation Americans whose (4) parents were constantly talking about 'home' as another country, I was curious to find out more about this place from where (5) we had emigrated more than twenty years before. The reason that/why (6) I hadn't visited the land of my parents earlier -something which/that (7) I now regret – perhaps had something to do with the way that (8) they would always talk about it as if it were my real home, which (9) for me was the States. The first impression I got on arriving in Santa Maria was the heat, which (10) was unbearable. The people who/that (11) were waiting to greet me at the airport were all incredibly friendly and they spoke of the time when (12) I was a child in the village as if it was yesterday. My grandfather, whose (13) eyes filled with tears when he saw me, and who I would be staying with (14) while on the island, looked incredibly like my father, whose (15) hair had recently started to go grey. The village itself, which was a two-hour journey up the mountain, was simply stunning.

Merci à tous pour votre participation.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux