Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

La modalité. Suite.
Message de marie11 posté le 22-02-2007 à 09:48:48 (S | E | F | I)

Bonjour.

Je reprends ici la suite du dialogue commencé dans le sujet précédent.

Correction : jeudi 01 - 03 - 2007.

Traduisez en utilisant un auxiliaire modal le plus souvent possible.

- En effet, mais vous ne pouvez pas vous imaginer à quel point je suis heureux de la revoir. Je n'habite pas ici et je suis parti de bonne heure afin d'être ici à l'heure. Après quinze ans, vous vous rendez compte ?
- Vous deviez être très jeune et elle doit avoir beaucoup changé !
- Non, c'est impossible ! Elle a plus de soixante ans et elle a toujours été jeune. Je ne peux pas croire qu'elle ait changé.
- Cela se pourrait, pourtant. Moi, j'ai une amie, comme ça. Elle refuse de vous dire son âge. Elle doit avoir à peu près le même âge. Je pense qu'elle doit avoir peur de vieillir.
- Vous n'auriez pas peur, vous, à son âge ? En tout cas, ce dont vous n'avez pas peur, c'est d'être en retard ! Vous devriez vous presser un peu , non ?

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de hotmustard, postée le 22-02-2007 à 12:12:46 (S | E)
Hello marie11,

-Indeed, but you can't imagine how much happy I am to see her again. I am not living here and I left early in order to be on time. Fifteen years after, can you realize?
- You might be very young and she must look different--or she must have aged a lot !
- No, it's impossible! She is over sixty but she has always been young. I can't believe she changed.
Nevertheless, it might be. A friend of mine is like that. She refuses to tell her age. She might be about the same age. I imagine she is afraid of growing old.
- Wouldn't you be afraid yourself ? In any case, what you don't fear for is being late. You should hurry up a bit, shouldn't you ?

Thank you very much ,marie11 .

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de lakata, postée le 22-02-2007 à 13:54:42 (S | E)
Hello dear Marie !

- Definitely, but you can't imagine how happy I'm to see her again. I don't live here and I left early in order to be on time. Fifteen years later, can you realize ?
- You must have been very young and she must have changed a lot / she must look quite older !
- No, she mustn't ! She's more than sixty and has always looked young. I can't believe she could have changed.
- And yet, she could. As far as I'm concerned, I've got a girlfriend like her. She won't tell you how old she is. She must be about the same age. I think she can/could/may/might/must* be afraid of getting old / that she could get old.
- Wouldn't you be afraid, you, at her age / in her position ? Anyway, what you aren't afraid of, is that you might be late ! You should hurry up a little, shouldn't you ?

* Question subsidiaire : pour la belle brochette de la phrase 4, que gagne-t-on ?

Thanks a lot, Marie11.

-------------------
Modifié par lakata le 23-02-2007 12:06

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de nanette33, postée le 22-02-2007 à 15:04:49 (S | E)
Hello Marie!

- Indeed but you can't imagine how happy I am to see her again. I don't live here and I've gone early in order to be here on time. Fifteen years later, would you believe it?
- You might be very young and she must have changed a lot!
- No, it's impossible. She's more than 60 and she's been always young. I can't believe she's changed.
- It might be, nevertheless. I have a friend like that. She refuses to tell you her age. She might be about the same age. I think she's afraid of aging.
- Wouldn't you be afraid at her age, would you? Anyway, which you aren't frightened of is to be late! You should hurry up a little, shouldn't you?

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de solmaz, postée le 22-02-2007 à 18:26:28 (S | E)
Hello

Indeed, but you can't even imagine how pumped I am to see her again.
I don't live here so I left early to get here on time. Fifteen years afterwards, can you realize?
You might be very young and she must have changed a lot!
No, that's impossible! She's more than sixty and has always been young. I can't believe she's changed.
It could be though! I've got a friend like that. She must be roughly the same age. I think she must be afraid of getting old.
Wouldn't you be afraid at her age? In any case, you aren't afraid to be late!
You should get a move on, shouldn't you?

Thanks

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de misterx, postée le 23-02-2007 à 13:05:43 (S | E)
Indeed, you can’t even imagine how much happy I am to see her again.
I don’t live here and I left early in order to be here in time.
Fifteen years afterwards, can you realize?
No, that’s impossible! She is on her sixty and has always been young.
I can’t believe she has changed.
It could be so! I‘ve got a friend like that. She is always refusing to tell how old she is. She must be the same age as she is.
I think she is afraid of getting old.
Wouldn’t you be afraid at her age?
Anyway, what you don’t be afraid of is to be late!
You‘d better hurry a little, hadn’t you?

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de misterx, postée le 23-02-2007 à 13:07:16 (S | E)
Indeed, you can’t even imagine how much happy I am to see her again.
I don’t live here and I left early in order to be here in time.
Fifteen years afterwards, can you realize?
No, that’s impossible! She is on her sixty and has always been young.
I can’t believe she has changed.
It could be so! I‘ve got a friend like that. She is always refusing to tell how old she is. She must be the same age as she is.
I think she is afraid of getting old.
Wouldn’t you be afraid at her age?
Anyway, what you don’t be afraid of is to be late!
You‘d better hurry a little, hadn’t you?

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de coferam, postée le 23-02-2007 à 15:27:22 (S | E)

Bonjour Marie11,

- Indeed, but you can’t imagine to what extent I am happy to see again her. I am don’t living here and I am left soon in order should be here on time. After fifteen years, you realise ?
- You were to be very young and she is to have changed a lot !
- No, it is impossible ! She is upwards of sixty years and she has been always young . I can’t bebieve that she changed.
- That might, yet. I have a girlfriend like that. She refuses to tell you her age. She is to have pretty much the same age. I think she is afraid to growing old.
- You shouldn’t have fear, you, at her age ? In any case, which you don’t have
cowardliness, it is to late ! You should hurry up little, no?

Et Merci.

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de mariaa, postée le 24-02-2007 à 15:30:47 (S | E)
Indeed, but you can't imagine how happy I am to see her again. I don't live here and have left early to get here on time. After fifteen years, do you realize?
-You must have been very young and she must have changed a lot!
-No, it's impossible! She's more than sixty years old and she has always been young. I can't believe she could have changed.
-That could have happened though. Me, I have got a friend like that. She refuses to tell you how old she is. She must be about your age. I think she must be afraid of getting old.

Wouldn't you be afraid at her age? In any case, what you are not afraid of is being late. You should hurry up a little bit, shouldn't you?

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de maya13, postée le 25-02-2007 à 17:26:45 (S | E)
hello marie,

- Yes indeed, but you can't imagine how glad I am to meet her again. I don't live in here and I left early to be on time. Fifteen years later ! Can you realize ?
- You must have been very young and she may have changed a lot.
- No, that's impossible ! She's over 60 and has always looked young. I can't believe she's changed.
- It might be however. A friend of mine's like that. She refuses to tell you her age. She may about the same age. I suppose she must be afraid of getting old
- You would be afraid at her age, wouldn't you ? Anyway what you are not afraid of is to be late ! You should hurry a little, shouldn't you ?

thank you marie

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de adamolma4, postée le 27-02-2007 à 18:07:24 (S | E)

Hello, Marie

- Indeed, but you can't imagine how happy I am to see her again. I don't live here and I have left early in order to get here on time. Fifteen years after, can you believe it!
- You must have been very young mustn't you ? She has probably changed a lot!
-No, she can't, it's impossible, she is over sixty now and she has always been young, she couldn't change, I can't believe it!
-And yet she could. I've got a friend like that. She doesn't want to tell you how old she is. She must be just about the same age. I, think she is afraid of getting old.
-If you were her, wouldn't you be afraid of the old age too?Anyway, what you are not afraid of, it's to be late! You had better hurry up a little hadn't you?

thanks a lot Marie

Réponse: La modalité. Suite. de marie11, postée le 28-02-2007 à 09:49:13 (S | E)
Bonjour.

Voici la correction.

- Yes, you're right, but you can't imagine how happy I am to see her again. I don't live here and I left early this morning so that I could be here on time. After fifteen years, can you imagine ?

- You must have been very young and she must have changed a lot !*

- No, she can't have !** She is over sixty and she has always been young. I can't believe that she has changed.

- She might (have) though ***. I have a friend like that. She won't tell you her age****. she must be approximately the same age. I believe she must be afraid of getting old.

- Wouldn't you at her age ? Anyway, you're not afraid of being late, are you ?
You should hurry up, shouldn't you ?

* Vous évoquez une impression sur un état dans le passé, vous devez employer un auxiliaire de modalité suivi d'un infinitif passé.

** On reprend l'infinitif passé(tronqué) précédé de "can't" qui marque une impossibilité. No, she can't have (changed).──> Non, il est impossible qu'elle ait changé ou plus simplement, Non, c'est impossible.

*** might, exprime ici un éventualité. On peut aussi faire suivre ce modal d'un infinitif passé puisque l'on évoque le passé.
She might have changed ──> Il se pourrait qu'elle ait changé.

**** She won't tell ──> won't exprime un refus.

Je vous remercie de votre participation.
Je répondrai volontiers à toute question concernant ce sujet.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux