Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

La modalité . Fin .
Message de marie11 posté le 14-03-2007 à 09:52:06 (S | E | F | I)

Bonjour.

Voici le dernier épisode.

Correction : mardi 20 mars 2007.

Traduire en utilisant le plus souvent possible un auxiliaire modal.

- Oui, je suppose que je le devrais, mais je dois vous avouer quelque chose : je ne vais pas à la gare et je ne sais même pas où elle se trouve.
- Mais alors, ces valises ? Vous n'êtes pas obligée de tout me dire, remarquez.
- Euh ....Pourriez-vous parler plus fort ? Je n'entends pas très bien. Je vous offre un verre ?
- Ce sont normalement les hommes qui invitent les femmes : Je devrais refuser, mais ne le ferai pas. Il se peut que je sois impoli, mais j'accepte avec plaisir.
- Oh, désolée ! Je viens de voir quelqu'un que je connais. Je dois vous laisser. Contente de vous avoir rencontré ! Vous devez me croire. Je suis vraiment navrée !
- Oui, cela ne m'étonne pas de vous !

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de hotmustard, postée le 14-03-2007 à 12:06:12 (S | E)
hello marie11,
-Yes, I think I should, but I must admit something : I'm not going to the station and I don't even know where it is.
-So, what these bags for? You don't have to tell me all about it, do you ?
-Euh...Could you speak louder please? I can't hear you very well. Would you like a drink?
-Usually, men invite women. I should decline but I'll not. I may be impolite but I say yes! with pleasure.
-Oh, I'm sorry! I just can see somebody I know . I must leave you now.I' m glad to meet you, you must believe me!. I 'm verry sorry!
- Really ? You don't surprise me....
Thank you, marie11

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de misterx, postée le 14-03-2007 à 12:49:43 (S | E)

Salut Marie11, pas si simple quand on y pense ....

Yes, I suppose I would have to, but I must confess something to you: I am not going to the station and I don’t even know where I can find it.
But then, these luggages? You have no need to tell me, mind you.
Euh…Could you speak up? I can hear very well. Do I offer you a drink?
Men should invite women: I should decline but I shouldn’t. I may be impolite but I accept with pleasure.
Oh, sorry! I have just seen someone I know. I have to go. Nice to meet you! You must believe me, I am so sorry!
Yes, I am not surprised from him!

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de misterx, postée le 14-03-2007 à 12:58:43 (S | E)

Salut Marie11, pas si simple quand on y pense ....

Yes, I suppose I would have to, but I must confess something to you: I am not going to the station and I don’t even know where I can find it.
But then, these luggages? You have no need to tell me, mind you.
Euh…Could you speak up? I can hear very well. Do I offer you a drink?
Men should invite women: I should decline but I shouldn’t. I may be impolite but I accept with pleasure.
Oh, sorry! I have just seen someone I know. I have to go. Nice to meet you! You must believe me, I am so sorry!
Yes, I am not surprised from him!

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de lostagain, postée le 14-03-2007 à 17:12:17 (S | E)
Hello Marie!

Comme tu le dis misterx vraiment pas simple, j'ai déjà peur de voir le nombre de fautes que j'ai...

1. Yes, I think I'd have to it, but I must admit something to you. I'm not going to the station and I don't same know where it is.

2. But so! These suitcases? You don't require to say all of me.

3. Normaly men must invit women. I shouldn't accept, but I won't do it. It could I'm rude, but I accept with pleasure.

4. Oh sorry! I just come to see someone I know. I have to leave you. Glad to meet you. You must believ me. I'm so sorry.

5. Yes, this doesn't surprise me to you.

Thank you Marie pour cet exercice.

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de maya13, postée le 15-03-2007 à 15:28:37 (S | E)
hello marie,

- Yes, I suppose I should, but I must confess something : I'm not going to the station and I don't even know where it is
- Well then, those suitcases..? You don't have to tell me, mind you
- Er..could you speak up ? I can't hear very well. Shall I buy you a drink ?
- Usually men invite women. I should refuse but I won't. I may be rude but I agree with pleasure
- Oh I'm sorry ! I've just seen someone I know. I must leave you. Nice to have met you. You can believe me. I am really sorry !
- Yes, that doesn't surprise me

thank you

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de iry43, postée le 15-03-2007 à 21:18:45 (S | E)
Hello marie11,

- Yes. I suppose that I should it, but I have to admit something.
- I'm not going to the railway station and I don't even know, where it is!
- So these luggage? You haven't to tell me all , do you?
- Euh...Could you speak louder please? I can't hear very well.Would you like a drink?
- Usually, men invite women, I should refuse but I won't. I may be impolite but I accept with pleasure.
- Oh, Sorry! I'm just seeing someone, I know. I must leave you, I'm glad to meet you! You must believe me. I'm verry sorry! Well,I'm not surprised at you!

Thanks a lot, marie11.

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de solmaz, postée le 16-03-2007 à 15:31:29 (S | E)
Hello,

_ Yes, I guess I should, but I've got to confess something to you: I'm not heading the station and I don't even know where it is.
_ But, these luggage then? Mind you, you don't have to tell meeverything.
_ Hum... Could speak louder? I can't hear very well. Will you join me for a drink?
_ Men usually invite women, I should say no but I won't. I might be being impolite but I gladly accept this offer.
_ Oh sorry! I just noticed someone I know. I gotta go. Nice to meet you. Believe me I am really sorry!
_ Yeah, that's not even wonder of you!

Thanks

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de mp27, postée le 16-03-2007 à 16:32:03 (S | E)
Hello marie11!
- Yes, I guess I should, but I must tell you something: I'm not going to the station and I haven't got a clue where it is.
- But, what about these suitcases then? Mind you, you don't have to tell me all about it!
- Er, well... Could you speak a bit louder please? I can't hear very well. Can I buy you a drink?
- It's usually men who offer a drink to women. I ought to say no but I won't. May be it's rude (of me) but I'll be delighted to say yes.
- Oh, I'm sorry! I' ve just seen someone I know. I 've got to leave you I'm afraid. So pleased to have met you though! You must believe me, I am really ever so sorry!
- Of course, I might have expected that!
Many thanks!

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de coferam, postée le 16-03-2007 à 18:06:53 (S | E)

Bonjour Marie11,

-Yes, I suppose I should it,but I have to admit something :I am not going to the station and I don’t even know where it is.
-But then,these suitcases ? You don’t have to tell me all, remark.
-Er…could you speak aloud ? I can’t hear very well.Would you like a drink ?
- They are normally the men who invite the women: I should refuse, but I will not do it. It may be that I would be impolite, but I accept with pleasure.
- Oh, sorry! I have just seen somebody whom I know. I must leave you. Gladsome to have met to you! You must believe me. I am really sorry!
-Yes, that does not astonish me by you!

Merci

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de nanette33, postée le 16-03-2007 à 18:22:12 (S | E)
Hello Marie,

- Yes, I suppose I should but I must confess something to you : I'm not going to the station and I don't even Know where it is.
- But, then, these suitcases ? You don't have to tell me all, you know.
- Er ....Could you speak louder? I don't hear very well. Can I offer you a drink?
- Usually, men invite women. I should refuse but I won't do it. I may be impolite but I accept with pleasure.
- Oh, sorry! I've just seen an acquaintance of mine. I have to leave you. Nice to have met you ! You must believe me. I'm really sorry!
- Yes, I'm not surprised at you!

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de adamolma4, postée le 17-03-2007 à 17:23:41 (S | E)

Hello Marie11,

-Yes, I suppose I should, but I must admit you something. I'm not going to the station and I don't even know where it is located.
-Mind you, you don't have to tell me all about it.
-Er! Could you speak a bit louder please? I can't hear very well what you are saying!
- May I buy you a drink?
- Usually, men invite women:I should say no, but I won't do. I may be impolite, but I agree to your kind invitation with pleasure.
- Oh, I'm sorry! But I've just seen someone I know. I must leave you. It was nice to meet you. You must believe me. I'm terribly sorry!
- Yes, I'm not surprised at you.

Thank you Marie see you soon

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de lakata, postée le 18-03-2007 à 15:03:06 (S | E)

Hello, Marie !

( À "tripleter" ainsi à tout va, j'en oublierais presque mes devoirs d'anglais...Me voilà enfin revenue dans le droit chemin. Il était temps !)

- Yes indeed, I think I should, but I must confess something : I'm not going to the station and I can't even say where it is.
- But, these suitcases, then ? On the other hand, you don't have to tell me everything about you !
- Er...Could you speak louder, please ? I can't hear very well. May I offer you a drink ?
- Men usually ask women, don't they ? I should say no but I won't. I might be impolite, but I'll accept with pleasure.
- Oh ! Sorry ! I've just seen someone I know. I must leave, so. It's been nice to meet you, you can believe me ! I'm really sorry!
- Actually, nothing surprising about that, coming from you !

Thank you , Marie.

Réponse: La modalité . Fin . de marie11, postée le 20-03-2007 à 11:05:27 (S | E)
Bonjour.

Quelques remarques préliminaires :

I- Ought to ou should ?

Should est d'un emploi très courant en anglais, et il a même tendance à supplanter d'autres modaux comme must et ought to.
Cependant il y a une nuance dans l'emploi de should et ought to.

ought to fait référence à des règles communes, au sens commun.

You ought to finish your work before going out
Tu devrais finir ton travail avnt de sortir.

should fait davantange appel à la subjectivité.

Let me tell you how I feel about it: You should definitely dump him.
Je vais te dire ce que j'en pense : tu devrais vraiment le plaquer.

II- Shall permet de faire une suggestion, une offre...

Shall I carry your bag ?

III- Won't exprime le refus :

I don't care what you say, I won't do it.

IV- L'article défini et les dénombrables au pluriel.

Le problème du choix entre l'emploi ou l'omission de l'article avec les dénombrables au pluriel est lié à la détermination ou à la non-détermination du dénombrable.

I'm very fond of books.
The books I bought yesterday are very interesting.

Opposition de deux éléments:

Lorsqu'un nom renvoie de façon implicite à un autre il y a détermination réciproque :
The workers and the unemployed.
"workers" se définit par opposition à "unemployed" donc on emploie THE.

V- If you say « I bet » in answer to something that someone has said, you mean that you agree with them.

- I was so relieved that I didn't have to clean up after the party.
- I bet(= I am not surprised) you were.

Cette réponse est parfois empreinte d'une pointe d'ironie -comme dans le texte-

Voici ma proposition :

- Yes, I suppose I ought to, but I must tell you something : I'm not going to the station, and I don't even know where it is.
- So, what about these suitcases ? You needn't tell me everything, mind yo.
- Err... Could you speak louder? I can't hear very well. Shall I offer you a drink ?
- It is normally the men who invite the women : I ought to refuse, but I won't. I may be rude, but I accept with pleasure.
- Oh, sorry, I've just seen someone I know. I must leave you. Nice to have met you ! You must believe me. I'm ever so sorry !
- I bet you are !

Je vous remercie de votre participation.
Je répondrai à toute question concernant ce sujet.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux