Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de babyscot59 posté le 2004-12-01 14:15:48 (S | E | F | I)
hi I have noticed something, christmas was at first a christian celebration, now it has lost its religious significance to become a worldwilde event ( and a commercial stuff too ) It would be great if you could tell us in English, the way Christmas is celebrated in your region or in your country.

Thanks and in advance, Merry christmas

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de kamay, postée le 2004-12-01 15:58:17 (S | E)
For me, Christmas is a Christian tradition.

Our family celebrates by having dinner together on Christmas day.One child says grace.
After the meal, we all gather in the living room and the children sit on the floor in a
half circle around the tree.
We ask one person to go and choose a specific
gift wrapped just for them.

No one knows which gift is theirs until someone
tells them to go and pick out a certain gift under the tree.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de claire1, postée le 2004-12-01 16:10:53 (S | E)
babyscott

for me Chrismas is becoming a commercial stuff more and more...but I like a lot because I 'm going to France ,I'm with my family,it's very important for me,I enjoy a lot Christmas for this reason

sorry for my mistakes
bye

claire1

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de liolio, postée le 2004-12-01 16:30:12 (S | E)
Hello everybody !
Christmas is a family feast. This is always a religious feast but a lot of people celebrate it whereas they are not Catholic, like me and a lot of my friends ! Is Christmas a commercial feast ? Yes, a few ...What a pity !
Merry Christmas and Happy new year !

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de babyscot59, postée le 2004-12-02 09:05:11 (S | E)
the funny thing about christmas at home, is that we were atheist ,yet we celebrated the way people did. Now I am an adult (or sort of), I tend to come back to traditions, I have made a creche at home with all the characters, the maggies and the animals. I put the offspring at midnight on the 25th, and all stuff. Coming back to tradition is a good way to come back to the essence of that day, I think, whether you are a believer or not!!

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de indybe, postée le 2004-12-02 11:44:33 (S | E)
'';
Hi everybody! I am here for the fist time, I hope to improve my english ant to meet people of everywhere u in the world.
Christmas is for me a nice feast,not a religious feast, we eat and drink too much , with our family but we are happy to get together.Father Christmas is happy to make children happy! Of course and unfortunately it is commercial, and to be alone or without money during this feast would be very difficult.
In m y region , there St Nicolas, for ours parents St Nicola was more important than father Christmas, St Nicolas gave sweets and sometime oranges to children who were very happy of that. there was too the "Pere Fouettard" Do you know him?
I have questions about english : How to know and correct my english, and is it possible to speak with somebody?
thank for your help

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de babyscot59, postée le 2004-12-02 12:49:19 (S | E)
Living in the north , I know the Père fouettard called "knecht ruprecht" in Germany and Alsace!!! Gingerbread and hot chocolate. This weekend I will receive Chocolate

Don't worry Indybe your English is Good!!

Merry St Nicolas everybody

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de fairlie, postée le 2004-12-03 00:28:50 (S | E)
Seb you are wrong, wrong, wrong. Christmas has its origins in pagan religions and was initially an appeasement to the Gods to implore them to bring back the light. All Northern cultures have had celebrations close to the time of the solstice. Christian theologians deliberately chose this period to celebrate the birth of Christ in order to facilitate the conversion from Pagan worship to Christianity.
In Canada Santa Claus comes on the night of the 24th and fills children's stockings with candy and small toys and brings gifts to put under the Christmas tree. All of us, Christian and non Christian alike enjoy this celebration with lights, music, feasts, friends and family at this cold and dark time of the year!
In my house we have a creche because Christ symbolizes the virtues that I would like my childen to learn; charity, tolerance, and forgiveness.

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de momar, postée le 2004-12-03 01:49:32 (S | E)
Hello everybody. In my country (senegal), chrismas is still a christian celebration for the catholic minority even if for the muslim community,Xmas remains a festive event with night parties and firework.
I'm sorry for my very rusty english.

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de babyscot59, postée le 2004-12-03 09:17:24 (S | E)
thanks momar, That what I like hearing. in my region (the north) to tend to share such events like Haid (the sheep meal). That's great to share such things beyond beliefs!!

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de claire1, postée le 2004-12-03 12:25:35 (S | E)
Christmas!!!!!!!
Where I live ,now,,,Father Christmas doesn't exist!!!it's true!!! On December the 24th,the families eat together a special meal,but the children don't receive any gifts...Antoher day ,On January the 6th,the Tree Wise Men arrive on camels,they go to the houses and leave a lot of gifts to the good children,the bad children recieve sweet coal !!and the families also eat a special meal ..
Nowadyas the traditions change,,,sometimes the children receive
presents from Father Christmas and from the Tree Wise Men ,they come from the Orient...the children are very happy...

begging your pardon for my numerous mistakes!!!

claire1

Réponse: re:talking about: christmas de asas, postée le 2004-12-26 11:47:36 (S | E)

My family don't celebrity Christmas .

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux