Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Just imagine ...
Message de liz66 posté le 09-04-2005 à 22:08:35 (S | E | F | I)

Just imagine ....
If you spent a week end in London: what would you do? where would you go? and why?
Have a nice week end!
-------------------
Edité par bridg le 09-04-2005 22:09
titre

Réponse: Just imagine ... de jardin62, postée le 09-04-2005 à 22:36:48 (S | E)
Gorgeous!
What I would do : I would have my lunch in Kensington Gardens ( It must be beautiful at this time of the year) then I would attend the afternoon matinée at the Shakespeare Globe theatre seated in the 'wooden O' as audiences would have done 400 years ago. I love theatre.
I would spend a lot of time at the Tate Gallery: I love painting.
I would take the tube, just to have the opportunity to listen to English people, supposing there were any!: I love English.

Réponse: Just imagine ... de ruofei, postée le 10-04-2005 à 06:41:01 (S | E)
London is far from being my favorite place in the UK….but then that’s just me: except Prague, I have a thing with capital cities. Unlike Jardin, I’ve seldom heard people talking in the Tube but only saw them sleeping or reading newspapers….I guess that’s the only moment when they can take a breather (besides, the underground trains are very often, if not always, overcrowded, and if you happen to drag 2 suitcases with you…you feel like you’re taking up the whole space in here!). A week end trip around London can prove to be very tiring; I must admit though that the city museums and galleries are worth a visit…all the more that it’s free entrance. I reckon it takes 3 days altogether to see all the collections exhibited at the famous British Museum. Its National Portrait gallery wing also has great paintings to marvel at (I was very delighted to see those works of art that I had studied during my high school years). Finally, I think I’ll spend some time in the open-market at Camden Town where you can find pretty cheap stuffs and can choose from a wide range of shoes!! With all the shoe stores there, you’ll definitely find one pair that matches your needs!
See you soon.

Réponse: Just imagine ... de jardin62, postée le 10-04-2005 à 13:49:04 (S | E)

Would all these people have crawled to London? :
' London is the clearing house of the world' (Joseph Chamberlain)/
' When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford' (Samuel Johnson) / 'It 's been a long time since Samuel paid a visit..'
-' O london is a fine town, A very famous city, Where all the streets are paved with gold, And all the maidens pretty'. (George Colman, 18th-century dramatist)
' London: a nation not a city' ( Benjamin Disraeli)/ 'Fine when you are a politician'.
'London is the epitome of our times, and the Rome of today' ( Ralph Waldo Emerson) => ...will be chosen to host the 2012-OG
*epitome = a thing that represents another in miniature
'Oh, London is a man's town, there's a power in the air; and Paris is a woman's town, with flowers in her hair' (Henry Van Dyke, 19th-century American poet)...
'It's difficult to speak adequately, or justly, of London. It is not agreeable, or easy, or exempt from reproach. It is only magnificent.' (Henry James)
'I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining' (Groucho Marx)
'I don't know what London's coming to. The higher the buildings the lower the morals' (Noel Coward) / Doesn't deserve his name!
'I wanted to be famous. That meant London.' ( Anne Robinson)

Réponse: Just imagine ... de lucile83, postée le 10-04-2005 à 14:45:09 (S | E)
Hello,
If I spent a week end in London, I would go to Hyde Park, St James Park, Madam Tussaud's, Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus, some shops and stores, and to a marvellous little pub where you can meet people who tell you about their whole life within 10 minutes !
Have a nice week end,
see you soon

Réponse: Just imagine ... de lethidee, postée le 11-04-2005 à 19:11:59 (S | E)
Hello
If I could spend a week-end in London, I woulk like to go again to see Kew gardens and the area of Bayswater.
Have you seen London by boat on the Thames and do you know Greenwich not far from London ? A lot of sightseeings and impressions.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux