Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Tell us about your username!
Message de ruofei posté le 16-05-2005 à 04:05:12 (S | E | F | I)

hello everyone!

If this is not too private a question, I think it'll be interesting to know how you decided to pick up your username!

-------------------
Edité par webmaster le 16-05-2005 15:50
very interesting topic, thank you ruofei

-------------------
Edité par ruofei le 08-06-2005 09:33

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de bridg, postée le 16-05-2005 à 07:50:48 (S | E)
ok, bridg=bridget but you what about your nickname ruofei ?

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de babyscot59, postée le 16-05-2005 à 09:07:03 (S | E)
well hum

I chose Babyscot for I was living in Scotland so I was a "wee scottish guy" et also there is a play on words with " Biscotte", it corresponds perfectly to my description: tall, brown and crispy

then Why 59? because It is my departement "Nord", even if I live in the 62 (pas de calais). I am proud of being a lillois

Thanks for that lovely post

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de crimeg, postée le 16-05-2005 à 09:14:12 (S | E)
Hello,my English is not very good but I'll try to answer.
My username is crimeg; in fact it's an abbrevation of the first names of my children . Y have got two girls: Meggie and Christelle.
Bye

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de aimen7, postée le 16-05-2005 à 09:24:15 (S | E)
Hello ruofei, HI bridg,
My username isn't a secret, it's my little kid's name and the number "7" is its age, He'll be 8 next Sunday.
I beleive that most of the time, when thinking of a username we have in mind the most important person in our life. It can also be the name of our pet, or simply an anagram or a word which is emotionally meaningless.
The study of usernames and what they hide behind is interesting, from a psychological point of view I mean.
Let's take "jardin" for example, we guess there's a hobby behind, or "postscriptum", a person who likes corresponding. There is a couple of usernames however which puzzle me. But "SH!!", let's not be too curious, this is too personal
Have a nice day everybody.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de regine_lyon, postée le 16-05-2005 à 10:45:41 (S | E)
Regine is my first name and Lyon is the city where I live normally (when I'm not living somewhere else !!)

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de bridg, postée le 16-05-2005 à 11:15:49 (S | E)
Hi aimen, I’m pleased to read you.
After your son’s birthday do you want us to call you aimen 8? No I’m kidding
You know, I read all the site usernames and profiles, you’re right I often find correlation in the introduction texts or attitude on the site when usernames are not children or diminutive names.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de ruofei, postée le 16-05-2005 à 11:17:10 (S | E)
Aimen and Crimeg, I find it so sweet that you made out your usersames from your kids' names .
Mine has no particular historic or meaning, "ruo fei" is just my Chinese name

I hope we'll get to know more about others' username!
Have a nice day!

-------------------
Edit?par ruofei le 16-05-2005 14:27
PS: yes Bridg[et] , you're right, from next Sunday on, we'll have to call her Aimen8!! You made me laugh so much!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de lucile83, postée le 16-05-2005 à 11:24:21 (S | E)
Hello,
Mine is not very original ! Lucile is my first name and 83 is my zip code!

see you soon

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de emy64, postée le 16-05-2005 à 11:30:20 (S | E)
Hi, what an interesting subject Ruofei ! thanks !

Ok, "emy64"
My real first name is Emeline, but when I spent one year in the US, they couldn't pronounce it well ( it sounded like " émeulaïne") ( I won't tell you about my last name, it was a real disaster !!! ahah) So my host mom decided to call me "Emy" since in America, there are a lot of nicknames that end with "y" , and I loved it, it was then " Emy the Frenchy" (yeah it rhymes !!!) and even now, my French friends call me this way, because I'm attached to it !!
And 64, because I live in the Atlantic Pyrennees ! haha ! And I'm proud of it !
See youuuuuuu

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de ruofei, postée le 16-05-2005 à 13:47:29 (S | E)
Hi "émeulaïne"! (I really can imagine this with an American accent!!)
PS (Babyscot): could you send us a picture of you, please? I'm sure we'll all be happy to see what a biscotte-man looks like? !
-------------------
Edité par emy64 le 16-05-2005 13:56
hihihi, I also would like to see babys ' face !
-------------------
Edité par bridg le 16-05-2005 22:23
Me too , me too what about your promess babys?

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de aimen7, postée le 16-05-2005 à 13:51:35 (S | E)
Hello bridg, hello everybody,
Well, I think I'm going to keep my username as it is.

Not only we are lead to make "correlations", but something strange and natural at the same time operates in our mind: we build an image of the username owner. We do so according to the way we perceive the "connotations" which come from the username.
Let me give you an example (a funny example): I can't help having in mind the image of "jardin62" running from her computer to the garden and from the garden to the computer. I wonder however if the computer is in the garden or the garden in the living room. or somewhere else in the house.
I've got this image in mind because I know also that this person is truly helpful and generous.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de lethidee, postée le 16-05-2005 à 18:03:59 (S | E)
Hello everybody

My username is lethidee and it's the name of my mother. I have just add one e at the end.
I agree with that aimen has said and I have in mind when I surf in this very pleasant site one the most important person I love in my life even she is dead. She is with me all the time and I'm very glad to share with you every day a moment of life with games (thanks a lot webmaster) and exercices and thoughts about many various subjects.
I learn every day with you and don't change anything.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de cleo, postée le 16-05-2005 à 18:42:02 (S | E)
Cléo is the name of my pet : she is a black cat.
My sons wanted to name her Cléopâtre because she acts like a queen but I said it was too long and we have named her Cléo.
See you soon

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de post-scriptum, postée le 16-05-2005 à 22:18:32 (S | E)
Good evening,

In effect, what an interesting subject!
I love people. I like to exchange ideas and to help people.
I like to discuss about everything with everybody.
If only you didn't point out, I'm very talkative!
I should always like to correct my words and sentences or to add new phrases or ideas to my messages ... so that I chose... post-scriptum.

Have a good night.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de marit64, postée le 17-05-2005 à 01:54:06 (S | E)
Hi ruofei!
what a nice subject! But my username isn't very original. It comes from my first name " Mariette " and 64 is my age. I must admit that I didn't work too hard to find it. Shame on me!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de traviskidd, postée le 17-05-2005 à 02:17:41 (S | E)
First name: Travis
Last name: Kidd

As you can see I'm not someone who likes to be mysterious with his usernames! Why should I be secretive? I've got nothing to hide. (At least, I hope not! )

-------------------
Edité par emy64 le 17-05-2005 13:14
oh, I've always thought you didn't know how to write "kid" !! ahahah jk

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de traviskidd, postée le 17-05-2005 à 02:34:17 (S | E)
For the name "Emeline", I consider the pronunciation émeulaïne (or, since this is English Only, emmaline) to be very pretty! Prettier in fact than the French pronuncation which I imagine is something I would write as "Omma-lean"!

Emmaline
is so fine;
I like to see her
all the time!

But Omma-lean
is so mean;
she's a girl I wish
I'd never seen!

-------------------
Edité par emy64 le 17-05-2005 13:11
You're lucky I haven't seen it before !! it depends how you pronounce it, I hate when people say "emeeuuuhline" it sounds like a cow !! hahaha but I like it in French when it's pronounced "emline", but anyway, I do prefer Emy, so American !! Your poem is really cute !

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de serena, postée le 17-05-2005 à 02:34:27 (S | E)
Hi ruofei !

I'm so glad to know about your nickname, you know. I've been wondering for so long what it could mean!

As for mine, I didn't have to search a lot.
"Serena" is how I was called by my school friends. They used to say it fitted me perfectly, even more than my true name, translating it sometimes in French.
Well, I should be happy I suppose, but I like my name so much !

This is really a great topic !

ruofei !!

PS: I know an important member in the site who didn't strain himself to find his, did he ? Ah, those mathematicians ! .....

-------------------
Edité par serena le 17-05-2005 02:35
Travis ! I didn't see your post first, I swear ! Well.....

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de traviskidd, postée le 17-05-2005 à 02:44:40 (S | E)
LOL I was wondering!!

In fact what you said to ruofei, I first thought you were saying it sarcastically to me! Hehehe

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de serena, postée le 17-05-2005 à 02:50:28 (S | E)

I'd never do that !!! I thought you wouldn't like to tell us about yours !
Gonna check the answers first before giving any response from now on, I promise.

Also, I shouldn't be prouder myself ! Did I search for something orignal? I was just lucky nobody had found "serena" before.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de aussie, postée le 17-05-2005 à 12:58:58 (S | E)
Hello members,
The last part of my name is " Asi ". Because it was short and simple, so I decided to extend it. But how? Keeping original pronunciation I selected
" aussie ". Its pronunciation is similar to the word Australia and Austeria. How ever it is good topic.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de swiminclouds, postée le 18-05-2005 à 10:13:10 (S | E)
Hi, Ruo Fei and everyone,

This is my first post here on the forum.

When I found " Ruo Fei", I felt so amiable. I am a native Chinese, in Mandarine language, "Ruo" refers to "feel like"," look like" or "seem"; "Fei" stands for "flying" or"sweetness". It's a nice name even in a Chinese's eyes.

As for my name, it makes sense, because I'm a pilot.

Other friends' names are nice too.

swiminclouds

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de poussy, postée le 18-05-2005 à 12:36:51 (S | E)

Simply because yesterday, when I was thinking about my new
pseudo, my cats went to my knees! It was very simple for
me after that, immediately I tried if the pseudo was available and ....
yes!
bye. Poussy

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de serena, postée le 18-05-2005 à 13:11:37 (S | E)

So, Ruo Fei means "to feel like flying" !
Wow ! It's really beautiful.
Now I understand why you like fairies so much, ruofei ! ...

Thanks for explaining it better, Swiminclouds. Also so original.

Poussy, you're lucky your cat has such a tender name ! Otherwise.....

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de ruofei, postée le 19-05-2005 à 08:24:27 (S | E)
Hello everyone,
First, I would like to say that I'm very jealous...Emy had a poem written by Travis: what about us?!!??

Your name sounds great...I've always thought 'Traviskidd' came from a cartoon or a legend (in fact, it reminds me of the name of the teenage outlaw Billy the Kid...(Well I hope you didn't kill anybody!)
P-Scriptum [his friends call him 'PS' ], somehow I guessed you would answer this: I've noticed that you always leave a short message at the end of your post.
Yes, Serena, you're lucky that nobody chose this username before, but in fact, I've just checked it out: you're the only 'Serena' here...you're a unique specimen
Poussy, your 'story' was funny and sweet!
Thank you Swiminclouds for giving details on my Chinese name...now the members are really going to think that I'm a fairy godmother! I find your name romantic...It's like you're an angel We're flying friends!
Have a nice day everyone.

-------------------
Edité par serena le 19-05-2005 11:25
Thank you Ruofée. . The way you care about your topics is wonderful.
Hope you'll have the poem you deserve ! (Don't be jealous at all! )

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de toutounette, postée le 19-05-2005 à 08:36:39 (S | E)
Toutounette is the name of my little dog. She's a lovely lhassa apso. In fact her name is ushuahia but it's too difficult to write it, so I call her "toutounette".

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de emy64, postée le 19-05-2005 à 09:17:11 (S | E)
yes Ruofei, I had a really nice poem ! I know I'm lucky ! well, I guess I have to let you pronounce my first name "Emmaline" (in French émeulaïne) or Travis won't talk to me anymore !!! hihihi

PS ( actually it's a post scriptum, but not our post-scriptum ! ) : Your name "Ruofei" is really lovely

-------------------
Edité par serena le 19-05-2005 10:55

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de idem, postée le 19-05-2005 à 10:34:54 (S | E)
Hello everybody

Why Idem ?
I love tortoises and I have got two tortoises and one dog.
The former Caroline is seventy years old
The second Idem is ten years old
and my small dog Elliott is will be soon ten years old.
I love animals and these ones especially. They have lived with me for 10 years.
Also with reference to the movie "GHOST", Idem means "je t'aime" or "I love you" in this movie.
There That's why I have chosen Idem.

I am a beginner and I don't know well how to write in English
I am learning on the site which is genial
Have a nice day
Idem

-------------------
Edité par serena le 19-05-2005 10:48

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de mhorick, postée le 19-05-2005 à 10:40:56 (S | E)
there's nothing special about my username I always use it everytime I go to any chat room................ but anyway I like the sound of it so I use it!!!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de woodyrun, postée le 20-05-2005 à 13:33:00 (S | E)
Hello !
That is a very good idea Ruofei ! It's very nice to learn a little bit more about everyone...

As for me, my son calls me woody for I have a rather sharp nose and my short hair is often dishevelled, just like Woody Woodpecker's feathers are on his head !! Run is short for Réunion Island, where I live.

So long !

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de gewurz, postée le 20-05-2005 à 18:32:57 (S | E)
Hello,

well, gewurz is in fact "gewürztraminer kaefferkopf served with Baeckeoffe"
but I haven't got the courage to write the whole string.

bye.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de chrischaton, postée le 20-05-2005 à 21:36:54 (S | E)
My username is chrischaton. My first name is Christelle and chaton is the nickname my boyfriend gave me!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de swimminlee89, postée le 22-05-2005 à 16:03:28 (S | E)
What an interesting question!

My username, "swimminlee89," comes from my favorite sport (swimming) and my nickname, Lee. I took of the G because in my terrible American accent, we often drop g's at the end of words. My real name is Lelia. It is also a wordplay on "swimmingly," which means "going well" (kind of a weird word). 89 is the year I was born.

I might go to Paris this summer. Which name--Lee or Lelia--sounds more French and is easier to pronounce?

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de ruofei, postée le 22-05-2005 à 16:41:56 (S | E)
hello!

Toutounette, you're one of the numerous members you chose their name's pet as their username (speaking of which, I've heard that French people like to have pets more than any other Europeans do...might have been wrong information, but well...)
Idem, I'd forgotten that this word was the way of meaning I love you in the movie! You're romantic! . Just like Chrischaton!
Mhorick, I don't know exactly how to pronounce it but I've got to admit that the combination of letters is original! (thanks you again for the 3 kind wishes you made last time on the other topic...they were great!)
Woodyrun...I wish I were on Reunion island too!! Lucky you (Woodysun would have also been a good username)
gewürztraminer kaefferkopf...or simply gewurz, thank you for sparing us from that endless and unpronounceable noun...
Swimminlee, I'm afraid neither of Lee or Lelia sounds French...You could go for Léa (which is in fact, my actual name ). Oh no, just keep your real name Lelia, pretty uncommon and sounds sweet. French people like exotic names . Hope you'll go to Paris and that you won't forget to tell us about your trip!

Have a nice day!!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de fantaisie, postée le 23-05-2005 à 01:09:22 (S | E)
Hello
my username in classical French means creative imagination ..or generally aspects according to art as it was elaborated in the philosophy of the eighteenth century .. It is another form of reason so ..no link with the common and popular meaning of this term in our contemporary use .
Thanks

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de minouche15, postée le 23-05-2005 à 10:04:54 (S | E)
I just read with a lot of pleasure this post . What an interesting question!... I believe that our choices are never harmless (anodins) .
- ...I remember having hesitated a bit : between minouche, minou, chaton .
why?...
...minouche : a pretty sweet name given me by my husband when he was in a good mood ( of course he was never angry or a bad mood ! = it was then my first name called drily !)
...now if I go through in my childhood, I see myself at my grandmother's during each Easter holidays with full of cats and kittens jumping on my knees .
Stop : not more introspection for today, and thank you for this great idea .

Réponse: Tell us about your user name! de capek, postée le 29-05-2005 à 14:37:05 (S | E)
Well I chose capek because in the game "red faction" in which I was fond of .. , the nasty personage character (le mechant) , is called "capek"
and after that when I played video games I chose my nickname "capek".
I've chosen this nickname for 3 years now ...

Capek is very popular for me

-------------------
Edité par serena le 30-05-2005 10:21

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de ruofei, postée le 30-05-2005 à 08:56:14 (S | E)
Yes, minouche15, you're right, the choice of our usernames is not made randomly.
We're all happy to get to know more about one another! Examples, now we know that capek is fond of computer games and that fantaisie likes literature

I'm glad we're all enjoying the topic!!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de hyppoblue, postée le 30-05-2005 à 18:24:38 (S | E)
My username has got nothing to do with hippopotamus!!
My younger son chose me this name for MSN, I've never chatted on MNS but when I came on this website I kept hyppoblue because I'm found of undersea world (the big blue), marine biology and I've never seen a sea horse (hippocampe in French) while diving, it's just a little dream for me.
See you

-------------------
Edité par hyppoblue le 08-06-2005 16:27

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de jardin62, postée le 30-05-2005 à 22:09:27 (S | E)

Thanks for that topic ruofei!
I enjoy reading and re-reading all the answers you get. It's true that the name we have chosen reveals so much. I have often tried to imagine who was hibiscus, or lethidee... I have a beautiful picture of serena...
Mine is 'jardin'...It's because I have a very special garden: it was born in 1978. It used to be a meadow: I was so sorry to damage the environment because of a house made of bricks and tiles and whatever you like that one day while sitting on an old dead trunk I made a promise to the cows -!- that I would soon deprive from their land. 'I will create a beautiful garden to deserve your forgiveness'. I have never stopped planting...When I have to divide perenials, I plant a part in the street. At the crossroads I have planted two corners. The corner where the primary school is is planted as well. When people walk past they are happy...That's what I think. The garden is something like a playground...
Well, there would be so many things to say that I write my own 'garden books' where every little event is kept. How talkative I am!
I should have said seriously: 'my username is jardin because I have a garden'. (The end!)

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de junie, postée le 31-05-2005 à 05:55:02 (S | E)
Hello ,my name is Junie. And I choose the same username. Because It's better for me to use my name. bye Gys

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de rockpoetry, postée le 31-05-2005 à 10:02:49 (S | E)
Hello
When I surf the web, everybody knows me as "rockpoetry". It is just that I am into rock and pop music, and also because I love writing poems (in english, of course hehe)
Have a nice day

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de ruofei, postée le 31-05-2005 à 11:13:10 (S | E)
Yes, you rock girl!!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de yangfeng, postée le 02-06-2005 à 18:27:45 (S | E)
hello everybody!
So interesting topic !
Nice to meet you all!
At first , I would like wanted to use another username y422201, I used it a lot before, however I changed my mind soon, why don't I make some change, so I replaced it with yangfeng. "yang" is my first name (it's pronounced like the word "young"), and "feng" is my second name(it's pronounced like "phone"). Actually yangfeng is a chinese name.
-------------------
Edité par joy813 le 02-06-2005 18:43
I : always with a capital letter

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de Ervyl22, postée le 04-06-2005 à 03:00:10 (S | E)
About my username,I can say that it is not coming from my full name,But i got it when i was trying to get a box in yahoo,but this is not that name i used, i have found a lot, and i took one among them.My username has been created from two french words that i have transformed to get my username.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de seamusog, postée le 05-06-2005 à 02:26:47 (S | E)
The username I am using is actually my husband's nickname in the medieval recreation groups he belongs to. In fact, when we first dated, I called him Seamus instead of calling him by his actual name (which is Kevin).
-Joyce

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de cam3, postée le 07-06-2005 à 22:02:15 (S | E)
Hi everybody !
After severe internet connection difficulties which cut me off completely for too long, I'm back at last . How frustrating not to be able to join in for ages and to miss out on all the private messages ! That's why it has taken me so long to find out about this topic .
I chose Cam because I have very good memories of holidays on the bank of the river Cam in the UK. It's a quiet river I love taking walks along. It's wonderfully "peaceful", with the students rowing ... and their coaches following by bike and bellowing instructions from the bank through megaphones . I also love the natural reserve running along one of its sections, listening to the birds and admiring the flora .
Thanks to Ruofei for offering this topic . Great idea and it's really nice to get to know a little better those members who have shared their stories .
Speak to you again soon .

Réponse: Tell us about your user name! de celbaz, postée le 08-06-2005 à 04:53:38 (S | E)
Hello everybody,
My user name is not original : the beginning of my first name, the beginning of my name (well, my husband's name) and my zip code !
I have read all the posts and was very pleased to find out about the mysteries, the fantasy (sorry Fantaisie) and, most of all, the sense of humour, for example Gewurz : I like Gewurztraminer too, with a good plate of Baekopfe ...
I do thank you Gewurz, you make laugh so much.
@+

-------------------
Edité par celbaz le 08-06-2005 05:12
Sorry Gewurz : I went back to your post to check how you spelled Baeckeoffe ; I am sorry for my mistake and I have to tell you that I prefer to eat it than write it !

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de bobine, postée le 08-06-2005 à 11:15:45 (S | E)
My username is not original but it's my husband whose find it. He said I'm funny and my face seemed like a "bobine" when I was younger and I had short hair. So nineteen years after I'm always bobine at home.
Hey Emy64, nice to see someone in pyrenees atlantiques , I was born at Bordeaux but now I live near Pau

have a nice day

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de chricy, postée le 08-06-2005 à 15:33:30 (S | E)
hello,may be I'm late but
as the common human being my username is linked to my own story, I mean...myself, concerning the beginning of my name and my son's name, as 60% of people here. So, try to guess my first name, I give you my son's : cyrille. The first to find will be the best...

Réponse: jin114 de jin114, postée le 08-06-2005 à 17:38:22 (S | E)
I take my username from my first name jean for and the two last words in my last name plus the 114 in my email adress.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de ananda, postée le 17-06-2005 à 00:10:07 (S | E)

ananda, my username, what does it means ? It is a sanscrit word. Sanskrit is a very old laguage from India and the meaning is Bliss. I am often travelling in Asia and study yoga. Recently I return from Indonesia.

Friendly greetings.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de prettyflamingo, postée le 17-06-2005 à 12:47:54 (S | E)
hi everybody!!
I agree with everyone who said it was a great topic! thanks ruofei!
I chose prettyflamingo from a song by Bruce Springsteen...My husband and I are big fans! and every time he listens to this song it made him think about me (not because of long legs or slim figure but because I love pink and I always wear pink clothes so I'm his flamingo!!)
see you everybody!!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de magmatic_rock, postée le 19-06-2005 à 13:05:45 (S | E)
hum i chose this username cause i'm fond of volcanoe and moreover i study on geology! I love to see lava and eruption etc... It's maybe dangerous and cause a lot of damage but it's so interesting to know how our planet functions.
Moreover, if someone want to know something about that I could explain you with pleasure! In french it will be easier but i can try in english
See you.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de ruofei, postée le 19-06-2005 à 18:15:18 (S | E)
dear everyone,

Thank you for enjoying and keeping this topic going.
It's always so nice to know more about one another!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de bisi, postée le 03-07-2005 à 21:00:27 (S | E)
my nickname's not pretty original...

In fact my name's Bisimwa but when people try to pronounce it, it sounds like " Bizimoi " , then I've been called Bisi (BC) for short...

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de dridro, postée le 04-07-2005 à 05:30:15 (S | E)
Hi Léa,

Little cute and flying sister
You know that my English is a result of all languages that I practice everyday
Your subject is wonderful because it seems that everyone can talk about his "ego"
My name is Driss in French, I am Moroccan but my mother language is not Arabic, it's a Amazigh (you have to search about this, ok?)
So I had just the first part of myself : DRI.
My second mother language is not Arabic either, although I am Moroccan...it's Spanish.....a long story....
So, in Spanish language after the I vowel it's O
So...why not the same first part + the second = DRO
So, DRIDRO was created.
But it's not very old....I formulated this username 4 years ago...but the best that I made is “drisalam” (Driss peace)....
Another dream to achieve...what a difficult obstacle under these black clouds!!!!!!!!!!
thanks Léa

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de kwame, postée le 06-07-2005 à 14:37:18 (S | E)
My username's Kwame which is a Ghanaian name given to me when I was in Ghana as a french volunteer.

The Akan people from Ghana give their children names according to the day of the week on which they were born, as shown below:

Sunday: Kwesi (boy) / Akosua (girl)
Monday: Kwadwo / Adwoa
Tuesday: Kwabena / Abennaa
Wednesday: Kwaku / Akua
Thursday: Yaw / Yaa
Friday: Kofi / Afia
Saturday: Kwame / Amma

I'm told to be lazy because I was born on a Saturday just for the weekend!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de kathleen74, postée le 07-07-2005 à 15:04:08 (S | E)
Hello, i am Kathleen.

Excuse me for my bad english.

I choose this nickname because kathleen is my second name and 74 is the number of the department where I am living in France.

See you soon

Réponse: Tell us about your user name! de salsabila04, postée le 11-07-2005 à 03:36:35 (S | E)
Hi
I chose this user name because it has a beautiful mean meaning. he it is an Arabic word (salsabila) he which means the source of the water.
About 04 it's just a number
what about you?
bye.

-------------------
Edité par serena le 15-07-2005 21:47

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de nannylle, postée le 14-07-2005 à 17:04:48 (S | E)
Hello!

I used this username because of my friends who name me Nanny...
It does not have a meaning or something else...

Bye bye

Nannylle

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de tubereuse2, postée le 14-07-2005 à 21:25:18 (S | E)
Hi everybody,
Ruo Fei for this topic.
This is my first post on the forum.
Well, I study translation at the university & tubereuse is the French translation of my first name: Zineb which means a flower.
2 is just a number because tubereuse wasn't available.
Bye!

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de kayrol, postée le 14-07-2005 à 22:50:33 (S | E)
Hello,
Very good topic Ruofei.
My real name is Carole. One ex-collegue and friend used to call me Kayrol, and I liked it very much, it sounds american. So I kept it as a nickname/pseudo.
See you
Kayrol

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de serena, postée le 15-07-2005 à 22:01:58 (S | E)
Hello !

The interest for this topic is still arousing, that's great. And it's really nice to know what made us all choose our nicknames.

I found Kwame's reason so interesting! Though he'd already told me, I didn't know each day had a specific name for both girls and boys.
So Kwame, If ever I go to Ghana, I'll be called "Abennaa" cause I was born on Tuesday. It's a nice name, isn't it?

Réponse: Tell us about your user name! de nouara, postée le 17-07-2005 à 01:26:31 (S | E)
It is a very amusing and interesting topic at the same time.
For my user name it means in Arabic a flower.
It is the first name which I thought about after refusing my own name. Maybe because I love flowers this is why I chose nouara.
All this carries us to say that each one has his own way of thinking.

-------------------
Edité par serena le 17-07-2005 02:59

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de to-be-free, postée le 18-07-2005 à 20:09:25 (S | E)
I was looking for a way to improve my english. And when I met this site for the first time, I found out real opportunity to carry out my project. At random, the word to-be-free took big place in my mind: I could learn english every time, everywhere, all day, all night...; I pay just my ADSL Wanadoo's monthly bill, then here I am. I learn english freely!! as I would as I could . Is this not freedom ? Thanks a lot for this site's team.

-------------------
Edité par to-be-free le 19-07-2005 22:45

-------------------
Edité par to-be-free le 23-07-2005 01:46

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de samia51, postée le 19-07-2005 à 08:02:31 (S | E)
Hi Ruofei,

Thanks for your interesting question.

I think is not a private question but it is a sharp one for us to know why we decide to choose our username.

All the usernames have a real meaning; they can show our psychological point of view in life. The username is something which can help us to hide ourselves but it is in the same time a mirror of our personality which shows our feelings, our toughts and our behaviour.

I didn’t create a username, it is not the case for mine, I didn’t make any research. I used my true name “Samia” which means loftiness, nobility, something sublime and purified. and I liked it because it is chosen by my parents and it is the only thing which I can keep it for all my life and helps me to have in my mind two important persons : my mother and my father. I add 51 which is my year of birth; I like to joke about transparency in life.

I can’t stop reading this topic again and again. I feel that everybody becomes more and more human when we speak about ourselves

Thanks a lot Ruofei for this great topic which gave me my first opportunity to share ideas with other people.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de joystreet, postée le 22-07-2005 à 21:13:26 (S | E)
my username is joystreet, taken from a short animated film by Suzan Pitt about a depressed, lonely young woman living on Joy St. It's an incredibly heavy piece and can be found on the DVD, Cartoon Noir. I thought it was very powerful and beautifully animated, so the thought of it has stuck with me. It is the username I use for most online accounts.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de panda, postée le 22-07-2005 à 21:59:09 (S | E)
I try to answer (and in English)... I dash (=je me lance?)

So, my username because I had found nothing else as username ! Infact, I haven't got idea. Then, after an empty of idea and besause I like animals, especially panda who is quiet and serene I thought to the username Panda !

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de failte, postée le 22-07-2005 à 22:17:47 (S | E)
Hello!
My username is Failte. It means Welcome in Gaelic. It's always what I feel each time I go to Scotland...

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de acadian_girl, postée le 26-07-2005 à 21:28:53 (S | E)
Hi,

My username is acadian_girl. Why? because I'm an acadian and I'm a girl

I'm really happy to be a member of that site. It's very helpful to learn English. Thank You.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de ogp, postée le 27-07-2005 à 15:06:25 (S | E)
My username is OGP because my master's degree calls OGP. Organisation and Genie of the Production. I finished my studies the 7th july. I am on holiday. I wish to speak english fluently because I maybe make a business with a automotive constructor and it's very important.

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de lokassa, postée le 27-07-2005 à 15:31:03 (S | E)
hi everyone
I have just been subscribing for theses english courses.My username is lokassa.This word just means the leaf in "ligala" the most spoken language in congo my country.However I have chosen this username because I really love the flora and I think it is place in witch many people can resource.
thank you and see soon

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de expert, postée le 27-07-2005 à 15:35:07 (S | E)
expert because I can
detect a water under ground his deepth and his debit ...and ...

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de 56, postée le 28-07-2005 à 12:33:39 (S | E)
hello my name is 56 i have choose because is very easy to spelt this i like numbers

Réponse: Tell us about your username! de cherry(ilonka04), postée le 29-07-2005 à 13:27:49 (S | E)
HI!
Cherry is connected with my Polish surname and Ilonka is my name,but in a more pleasant sound.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux