Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Gluggability/meaning

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Gluggability/meaning
Message from patrycja11 posted on 25-01-2012 at 17:50:30 (D | E | F)
Hello,

I need your help please.
Could you please tell me what does the word gluggability means? And give me the one sentence example? I'm confused...

Thanks for your answers.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 25-01-2012 21:43

Re: Gluggability/meaning from gerondif, posted on 25-01-2012 at 18:19:56 (D | E)
Hello,

I don't know this word, the dictionary in line gives:

gullible: adjective: means that you believe anything, you are naïve.

Gullibility is the corresponding noun.
Because of his extreme gullibility, we can make him believe anything !

BUT !!!

Now, when I post your word on google, it seems to exist! It seems to refer to wine, cider.....

".....Needless to say 'Gluggability' isn't a technical term but essential for those with a thirst for the finer fermented apple-based things in life. It allows you to gauge the ease, accessibility and 'quick-drinking cider buzz' of all of the fine cider products listed above. ..... "

"A very accessible wine with massive gluggability and a touch of class"

"Gluggability: How many gulps is it possible to down? (10 = drain the glass)"

"I mistakenly drank a whole bottle of this the other night; a testament to the dangerous gluggability of the Merlot grape"

"I think the Pinot fairs much better than the Chardonnay in the gluggability factor and I went back for some more, because it was easy and soft and what I’d called a pleasant village wine.

SO!! it seems to mean that a wine is easily drunk, gulped down....., you almost hear the noise the wine makes in your throat as you swallow it....

Well, I have learnt a new "word" !

Re: Gluggability/meaning from patrycja11, posted on 25-01-2012 at 19:54:19 (D | E)
Grand Village is all about young, refreshing gluggability – But in this context too??
maybe is it kind of flavour??

Re: Gluggability/meaning from gerondif, posted on 25-01-2012 at 20:10:14 (D | E)
Hello,
I would say it is "the pleasure of drinking" a wine, and the urge to have some more.
in French "gouleyant" means lively, with a good attractive taste, maybe they forged a resembling word.

Re: Gluggability/meaning from sherry48, posted on 25-01-2012 at 22:48:51 (D | E)
Hello patrycja11.

New English words are created from time to time, but this one is new to me. It could be a form of the onomatopoeic word 'glug'. It's the sound that a person makes when they drink something quickly. I wouldn't use it in any important writing.
Good night to you.
Sherry

Re: Gluggability/meaning from patrycja11, posted on 25-01-2012 at 23:05:34 (D | E)
I stumbled upon it by accident. in article Link
>(Gluggability four out of five stars) so now I am confused

Re: Gluggability/meaning from violet91, posted on 26-01-2012 at 11:06:17 (D | E)
Hello , all ...

I completely forgot about speaking English .

I've also learnt a new word with this ' debate' about the effect of tasting, appreciating and drinking a good wine such as a ' Bordeaux ' one or else !
' Drinkability ' wasn't enough . Gustation and gustativity , either .
Well , as I am not a ' knight ' yet , but think of joining a course for that ...I'll now know a bit
more , when I exchange on the subject .

Thanks !! ( gouleyant ' was a proper and lovely term ) How about creating ' gouleyable ' ?

Re: Gluggability/meaning from spigalam, posted on 26-01-2012 at 16:08:14 (D | E)
Hello;

It refers to some sort of beverage which is easy to drink quickly and voluminously.

Re: Gluggability/meaning from gerondif, posted on 26-01-2012 at 18:44:43 (D | E)
Hello,
"to drink quickly and voluminously"???

if that is really the case, I am sorry they invented that word ! A wine should be drunk slowly, you should relish it (a wonderful verb!)("gouleyable" would have been great,Violet! ). Maybe the "Gluggability" goes along with "binge-drinking" where the idea is to get drunk as quickly as possible, no matter what the quality of the wine is.

It's a pity this is the "English only forum", I could have invented plenty of translations for this word ( for instance: "l'engloutissabilité" a word that doesn't exist in French of course)

Re: Gluggability/meaning from spigalam, posted on 26-01-2012 at 19:08:44 (D | E)
hello

I am not talking about wine because this word was not specially invented for wine but to characterise all beverage.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux