Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Correct / To

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Correct / To
Message from lukaznachi posted on 13-03-2015 at 23:47:05 (D | E | F)
Hello.
Is it grammatically correct to have this many ''to'' parts in one sentence?

''Joel’s dad said to him to make sure to remember to give it to his aunt the next day.''
I know it can be simplified: ''Joel’s dad reminded him to give it to his aunt the next day'', but I just want to know if the first one is also correct.

for any reply.

Re: Correct / To from razzor, posted on 14-03-2015 at 00:32:19 (D | E)
Hello,

I would say "Joel's dad told him to he make sure he remembers to give it to his aunt the next day".

You tell someone to do something (not 'say')

Also, with 'to make sure', it is best to use 'that' (optional) followed by a subordinate clause.
E.g. Make sure (that) you remember to lock the door on your way out

I hope this helps!

Re: Correct / To from kvg999, posted on 14-03-2015 at 01:04:18 (D | E)
Hi!
Although it would be better to use 'told' rather than 'said' as the verb, there is nothing wrong with what you have written, and it is grammatically correct

Re: Correct / To from lukaznachi, posted on 14-03-2015 at 09:49:53 (D | E)
Hello,
thank you both for your replies.

Re: Correct / To from gerondif, posted on 14-03-2015 at 10:39:38 (D | E)
Hello,
why don't you learn this one:
I will come from two to two to two past two to help you two too to see to it!
Otherwise, your sentence was correct although "told him" is more elegant and lighter than "said to him".

Re: Correct / To from lukaznachi, posted on 14-03-2015 at 11:22:10 (D | E)
Hello, gerondif.
I will definitely try.
Thanks for replying.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux