Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Funny mistakes in English (2)

<< English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Page 2 / 5 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | End | Bottom
Re: Funny mistakes in English from tinmamahtet, posted on 18-12-2009 at 17:26:56 (D | E)
Hi all, this is Tess from Burma....
I also had a very funny mistake when i was a beginner ...
In my class, when my English teacher ask me about my weekends..
I answered that i have a date with my teacher... he looked so surprise so i said female teacher ...he was laughing at me but i wasn't sure why he was laughing
but at last i knew that i should have used " have appointment " instead of "date.".

Re: Funny mistakes in English from georgian, posted on 18-12-2009 at 18:01:26 (D | E)
"hello!cen I help you?"this was a very big mistake)

Re: Funny mistakes in English from saleem, posted on 31-12-2009 at 18:59:56 (D | E)

Dear is it a mis take?

Re: Funny mistakes in English from chikiki, posted on 02-01-2010 at 20:46:58 (D | E)
One day,I asked to my english teacher. Mam do u knw, how to drive a bike..
And she started laughing at me, i was thnkng why she is laughing at me. thn she told me we dun drive a bike we ride a bike and drive a car....

Re: Funny mistakes in English from may, posted on 03-01-2010 at 15:38:09 (D | E)
Hello,

Ha ha Gerondif, thank you for your funny story!

Here, I am just trying to imagine what's the reaction of the host after your comment "you've been a perfect GHOST"

Also, thank you for the translation of " peu importe "... I'm about to make the same mistake as one of your pupil

All the best,

May

Re: Funny mistakes in English from iceberg8x, posted on 04-01-2010 at 05:24:19 (D | E)
well, I remember once I talked with two Australian couple, one of the men said "there's a lot of "road" here so that we get lost." I misunderstood, I thought what he said is there's a lot of "rose" 'cause it's the Women's Day at that time, actually. So funny!

Re: Funny mistakes in English from wlin18, posted on 04-01-2010 at 08:13:28 (D | E)
(good good study,day day up)is famous Chinese saying.Which is said by Chairman MAO.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from chrissie, posted on 21-01-2010 at 07:56:10 (D | E)

The funniest mistake I have made is one years ago.My boss wanted me to type a email and he said to me "Our production is so tight... ", but I thought I heard"Our production is so tired", I finaly send the mail to our valued customer...so embarrassing.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from chrislondon, posted on 21-01-2010 at 10:33:10 (D | E)
Oh dear!
I hope that you still have your job!!
Best Wishes.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from stellabelle, posted on 21-01-2010 at 14:06:58 (D | E)
This was so funny! I needed a good laugh this morning before going to work. Please keep sharing, I've learned a great deal from mistakes while studying french and in other situations. My french friends and I spend hours chatting and laughing at our errors. When you laugh with someone, it makes for a closer friendship. The friends that I am able to have fun with are the ones I adore the most!

Re: Funny mistakes in English from sabah111, posted on 25-01-2010 at 18:56:41 (D | E)
hi
all the time i do funny mistake
and always forget it becase it alote
i must study hard tobe good

Re: Funny mistakes in English from bhferni, posted on 26-01-2010 at 03:25:57 (D | E)
the funniest mistake I've made was back in the years when I was 18 and I entered a chemist's for a tube of toothpaste but what I eventually asked for was TOOTHACHE.. I felt so embarassed!!!

Re: Funny mistakes in English from may, posted on 26-01-2010 at 12:30:18 (D | E)
Hello,

In a coffee shop, we (a group of friends)were talking about the movies. One of mine asked if anybody had seen the film " Up to the air "? Then, there's an answer " Up in the air " is that what you mean?

Have a good day,

May

Re: Funny mistakes in English from kieran, posted on 26-01-2010 at 13:21:39 (D | E)
well ,my funny mistake is that why did little Tom eat his homework ?
his teacher said :"today's homework is a piece of cake "

Re: Funny mistakes in English from lanlanchen, posted on 05-02-2010 at 02:32:20 (D | E)
The funniest mistake when I taught with a classroom and in the meantime I point to a boy downstairs and said "Woo,Bill is there!",and then I back my head and find the man I talked to is Bill.Both we are laughed.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from tamadaba, posted on 06-02-2010 at 13:41:40 (D | E)
The following happened a long time ago, but I still remember it: I mispronounced the word 'pheasant' (the phrase was 'roast pheasant') and the result was 'peasant'. Of course, I would never include another human being in my meals!!

Re: Funny mistakes in English from car55, posted on 21-02-2010 at 22:25:58 (D | E)
I went in United States and I began to speak in english, I wanted to thank the employee of campground, I said : you are glad instead of kind, He was amazed, we came back to my travel trailer and looked in my dictionary the difference between glad and kind and I understood my mistake, we laugh again this error

Re: Funny mistakes in English from wenyue, posted on 23-02-2010 at 08:22:30 (D | E)
I remember that in a film an airline hostess asks a passenger"Do you want a can,sir?"The passenger is very puzzled.He thinks that she asks him if he wants a cancer.This sentence sounds like"a cancer"

Re: Funny mistakes in English from ammouna92, posted on 05-03-2010 at 19:04:07 (D | E)
i was once talking with a tourist and i thought i was able to understand him but when i started talking i felt so shy that i ddn't understand what he was talking about..so,i started blushing.since that moment i was sure that english is not just rules its something that we should practise

Re: Funny mistakes in English from euol, posted on 19-03-2010 at 09:40:56 (D | E)
Years ago,I told an American friend of my daughter:"I'll take a walk on the beach"..hilarity:.....my bad pronounciation,she understood bitch ! instead of beach .

Re: Funny mistakes in English from eyado, posted on 19-03-2010 at 13:21:42 (D | E)
When I was in the high school .. my teacher asked me a question and I was so confused so I tried to listen to what my nearby classmate whispered to me ...

he whispered with a sentence that had the word "schedule" but I heard it "sexual"....so you can guess how funny a sentence could be when you make such a mistake

Re: Funny mistakes in English from miwu20, posted on 23-03-2010 at 15:49:58 (D | E)
Everyone is so lovely.I really like here very much!

Re: Funny mistakes in English from hannah108, posted on 29-03-2010 at 08:02:13 (D | E)
When I was a student of middle school,one day I helped my English teacher moving .She said ,"guys,take care of my glass vase,it is a present of my friend." A boy promised that,"Put the heart in your chest". Then the teacher and we deeply confused. A moment later,we laughed loudly,he should said that ---Don't worry!
Today,years ago,I still remember the scenario cearly.This does not give us the lessons inlearning english but also happiness in the process of learning english.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from nanny74, posted on 29-03-2010 at 10:02:15 (D | E)
Last week I said to a friend of mine " the children speak so low that I can't hear them" and I continued " when they are in the courtyard they use to "cry":"crier" in French instead of "shout". Some minutes later I said to myself " are you sure ?

Re: Funny mistakes in English from marow20, posted on 29-03-2010 at 12:46:43 (D | E)
the funny mistake in english when itold my teacherthat the glasses has broken instead of glass(cup)

Re: Funny mistakes in English from outsider0312, posted on 29-03-2010 at 14:05:29 (D | E)
I want to check if my teacher was free, then I went to his office and asked, "Do you have the time?"

After that, my teacher told me, "it's half past four"...

Re: Funny mistakes in English from xiaodong860112, posted on 29-03-2010 at 14:52:18 (D | E)
One mistake impress me deeply.when i stay in the room in summer,i tole everyone "i'm hot!".

Re: Funny mistakes in English from may, posted on 29-03-2010 at 20:24:50 (D | E)
Hello xiaodong860112,

Actually, there are more than one mistake in your sentence . Do you want to have a double-check?

Have fun any way.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from smartway, posted on 01-04-2010 at 12:25:37 (D | E)
hello;
the funniest mistake i have done was when the teacher asked us to introduce our family,i told her that my brother was the housewife.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from prescott, posted on 01-04-2010 at 13:45:29 (D | E)

The audience was horrified and dumbfounded !

During a conference on “Kinship and Family Organization' at the Ethnological Society, when asked to demonstrate the French pronunciation of the family members, I declared that the French called:

their mother 'mare'  

their father 'pear', 

their sister 'Sir' 

and their brother 'Friar'  

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< English only
Page 2 / 5 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | End | Bottom

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux