Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Funny mistakes in English (3)

<< English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Page 3 / 5 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | End | Bottom
Re: Funny mistakes in English from cuihuacc, posted on 02-04-2010 at 06:16:32 (D | E)
There may be a lot of mistakes all these years I learn English, and there are also other mistakes. I had a teacher who taught me oral english, he is 36, but to Asian, sometimes it is hard to say how old people in other colors are. So all the students said he was just 20! When he answered the question, we laughed.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from lam85, posted on 02-04-2010 at 14:22:12 (D | E)
there are lot of mistakes in english like

i'am bad in english instead of bad at english

talk with you instead of talk to you

Re: Funny mistakes in English from soundous922, posted on 04-04-2010 at 18:46:24 (D | E)
thanks very much for the topic ; really interesting ; but unfortunately i 've ever done any silly mistake in english or i don't remember
i read all the replies very funny really thanks again

Re: Funny mistakes in English from evelynmayao, posted on 11-04-2010 at 10:44:29 (D | E)
My funny mistake in Enlish is when i am younge ,I don't know the "know" is different the word "no".So when my brother told me "I don't know" I am so confused that "I don't no" is what.Sound funny ,but it's true.Since that i am very concernd to the homonym.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from nikonik10, posted on 16-04-2010 at 10:18:56 (D | E)

Is this joke understandable for english who speak french ?

A man who wanted to take some cheap english courses saw an advertising on a magazine. ENGLISH TRAINING : 2€/h.
Then he went at the address and opened the door: "I'm coming to take some English courses , maybe it is not there?"
The man answered: "if, if, between"...

Re: Funny mistakes in English from headway, posted on 16-04-2010 at 10:37:14 (D | E)
Hi,

I have witnessed the story I am going to fill you in on.

I was at a shoe-shop when someone French walked in and asked for flip-flops but using the French word which has nothing to do with shoes, LOL.

I am hazy about what was funny : the look on the face of the shop assistant or the mistake itself.

I am now going to have a think about my own mistakes and will post later.

Regards.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from khalid1970, posted on 16-04-2010 at 19:20:39 (D | E)
thanks nikonik,
in fact, it's a joke only if you translate it into French. I laughed my head off; it's really very funny.

-------------------
Edited by khalid1970 on 16-04-2010 19:21

Re: Funny mistakes in English from notrepere, posted on 16-04-2010 at 20:04:15 (D | E)
Hello:

For me, being a native USA English speaker, I found two exercises on this site particularly funny. The first one was an audio English test which was in British English. It sounded like a foreign language to me. I kept playing it over and over. I wrote the word "side" but they said the answer was "sighed". Do the British pronounced these words differently?

The other funny exercise was a dictée with homophones. These are words that sound alike but are spelled differently. I was particularly stumped by these words, which are NOT pronounced alike in USA English:

court (caught)
bean (been)
storks (stalks)
bier (beer)

I laughed when I realized what the answers were supposed to be and I realized it wasn't created by a USA English speaker.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from chrislondon, posted on 17-04-2010 at 23:30:25 (D | E)
Hi,
'Side' and 'sighed' are homophones in British English, as are 'court' and 'caught', 'bean' and 'been', 'storks' and 'stalks', and 'bier' and 'beer'.
In spite of these slight differences, the British and the Americans understand each other perfectly well. After all, there are many differences in pronunciation within a country, not only from one country to another.
Best Wishes

Re: Funny mistakes in English from notrepere, posted on 18-04-2010 at 02:11:24 (D | E)
Yes, that is true. It's just that the exercise was asking for an answer that sounded like the written word. Although, if they had written: Where have you ben? I would have instantly known the correct answer.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from flybear, posted on 22-04-2010 at 02:31:35 (D | E)
i can't remember some right now

Re: Funny mistakes in English from may, posted on 23-04-2010 at 12:23:53 (D | E)
Good morning,

I used to launch Audrey to read what I am reading. Last night, I discovered one of the difference ( so far..) between Audrey in the Francaisfacile.com and herself in the tolearnenglish.com. which is quite interesting! When I typed this paragraph: "Teachers refuse to have Kevin Dunne in their classes. The kid is just a royal pain in the ass, troublemaker, out of control." ( Teacher man, author Frank McCourt, page 95), Audrey kept silent, and came up a warning : you cannot use the word ass . Please try with a different word. I, myself, feels very sorry for that.

Have a wonderful day,

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 23-04-2010 13:23
She is very polite because lots of kids are coming on the site

Re: Funny mistakes in English from manhater, posted on 23-04-2010 at 16:13:47 (D | E)
you shouldn't laugh if anyone made a mistake especially if he/she is not a native speaker in a particular language like english for example. Don't be surprise if some members here will be offended regarding this topic. They may misunderstood the meaning of your posts here.. =)

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 24-04-2010 13:51
Not really, if they have a good sense of humour

Re: Funny mistakes in English from may, posted on 24-04-2010 at 13:47:24 (D | E)
Hello chrislondon,

Would you like to remind me the subject of your topic, please! Update me, whatever

Best regards,

Re: Funny mistakes in English from ren14, posted on 24-04-2010 at 16:59:11 (D | E)
Hello everyone
My funnist mistake when I study in a senior high school I went woman wc

Re: Funny mistakes in English from folder, posted on 26-04-2010 at 10:01:50 (D | E)
i am a newbie ; i am learning ,it is my first reply

Re: Funny mistakes in English from twiggy, posted on 29-04-2010 at 11:57:01 (D | E)
"good good study,day day up" is a popular joke among English-speaking chinese, it's translated literally from a wellknown Chairman Mao's slogan. Like we also joke about saying "crowded with people" as "people mountain people sea", any Chinese speaks English would instantly know the meaning and the orginal idiom and feel funny.

-------------------
Edited by twiggy on 29-04-2010 11:58

Re: Funny mistakes in English from cathyliu, posted on 03-05-2010 at 08:42:04 (D | E)
I make lots of funny english sentences during my english study.
one day, when I met a dog, I said :what a lovely egg it is!

On evening, my hostress asked me : do you have dinner?
I said, I was eating , I was cooking.
I guess the best expression should be I had been eating when I was cooking. (right?)

Re: Funny mistakes in English from phuongp, posted on 24-05-2010 at 04:33:28 (D | E)
thanks for telling us the mistake you guy had. i am a English learner too.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from yym, posted on 24-05-2010 at 10:12:21 (D | E)
Once I want to say 'what is the attitude of ordinary people?', but I couldn't remember the word 'ordinary', so I used the word 'normal'.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from mawhiba, posted on 25-05-2010 at 01:15:05 (D | E)
Hello everyone;

The mistake that I did in English and I will never forget because my English teacher ( she is American) laughed at me, was "overcoat" instead of "especially" that I used in a phrase. I was about 18 years old and I translate the french word "surtout" using the dictionnary to "overcoat".

Re: Funny mistakes in English from mawhiba, posted on 25-05-2010 at 11:04:39 (D | E)
Hi everybody;

I did my best to avoid mistakes in my reply,but there is one "I translate" I mean "I tanslated".

Re: Funny mistakes in English from chegi, posted on 25-05-2010 at 11:34:04 (D | E)

Re: Funny mistakes in English from hujiale, posted on 25-05-2010 at 15:11:16 (D | E)
I am an English beginner.I Fill in the form of gender wrong In this web site yesterday .I'm so ashamed.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from gerondif, posted on 25-05-2010 at 18:47:42 (D | E)
Hello,
some Irish jokes are based on mistakes, or mispronunciations:

For example, do you know the story of those two fellows who are walking in a wood and they see a sign saying "tree-fellers wanted" and one of them goes:
"Ah, it's a pity there's only two of us!"

Another mistake I made at the dinner-table of my school when I was a foreign lecturer, way back in 1973: I wanted to say that the "Pyrex" tempered-glass glasses we had were made in France, unfortunately, I called them "Durex" glasses, something else altogether.
I still remember it !

Re: Funny mistakes in English from may, posted on 26-05-2010 at 11:50:04 (D | E)
Good morning,

It's mis-spell rather than mis-pronunciation. Very funny, though

Here's another came from my mis-pronunciation:

He says one and one and one is tree
(The Beatles - Come Together)

How come
-------------------
Edited by may on 26-05-2010 11:54

-------------------
Edited by may on 28-05-2010 03:20

-------------------
Edited by may on 04-06-2010 04:09

Re: Funny mistakes in English from cindy25, posted on 13-06-2010 at 11:34:59 (D | E)
The other day,I talked about a piece of news that Edison(a HongKong icon)comes out,which means he confessed he is a gay.In fact,what I was trying to say is that he comes back or shows up on TV again.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from lynne123, posted on 14-06-2010 at 13:00:48 (D | E)
I need help .I am not a good English speaker ,I am a Chinese,but I want speak English well I will be grateful if who can help me learn English,Thanks,Thank you for your funny stories,from which I lenrn a lot.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from leexuan, posted on 16-06-2010 at 10:39:08 (D | E)
everyone makes mistakes,we can learn more from them, do you agree with me?
I am lee .I wnt make friends with you

Re: Funny mistakes in English from jennefer, posted on 17-06-2010 at 09:50:24 (D | E)
sporting house ,it does not mean the place where you play sports.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< English only
Page 3 / 5 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | End | Bottom

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux