Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Funny mistakes in English (4)

<< English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Page 4 / 5 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | End | Bottom
Re: Funny mistakes in English from freewind, posted on 19-06-2010 at 05:22:46 (D | E)
One of my classmates wrote on his composition that: The man stopped by the widow.
In fact, he want to express" window" instead of "widow". oh, it's hard to imagine what would happen when a single man stopped by a widow.
It's so funny.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from max123, posted on 20-06-2010 at 12:05:20 (D | E)
That's really very interesting and valueable for English learners!

Re: Funny mistakes in English from jamesfu, posted on 20-06-2010 at 17:09:42 (D | E)
I learn a lot from the "funnies"

Re: Funny mistakes in English from shahrzad, posted on 20-06-2010 at 23:49:38 (D | E)
my teacher asked me"how is you sister?"and i said "it is good!!"
maybe i thougth that my sister is wood

Re: Funny mistakes in English from khadija1678, posted on 21-06-2010 at 03:33:07 (D | E)

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 21-06-2010 07:29

Re: Funny mistakes in English from shellzhu, posted on 21-06-2010 at 07:21:30 (D | E)
Today I ask my friend to play basketball,he says "No"I feel unhappy .Then he says "no problem" aha

Re: Funny mistakes in English from termalgine_plus, posted on 26-06-2010 at 10:05:02 (D | E)
I used to write "quiet" instead of "quite" and "than" instead of "then".

Re: Funny mistakes in English from zzhappyqq, posted on 28-06-2010 at 09:27:28 (D | E)
I like here very much!

Re: Funny mistakes in English from loganbebe, posted on 30-06-2010 at 15:17:36 (D | E)
My little example :
"I was working abroad with some european colleagues, and the only way to communicate together was in english.
I was the first time I was facing this kind of situation so, before leaving France for this mission, I tried to prepare myself as much as possible in the shortest period with my english book ... I just forgot to work on my (huge) french accent.
So, one of the first time I was sharing a trip with a spanish colleague, she looked very shocked the moment I answered "thanks" during our conversation.
It took me some minutes to understand that I had pronounced "fuck" instead of "thanks"... And I felt very very ashamed !!!!

Re: Funny mistakes in English from hana198816, posted on 30-06-2010 at 15:36:27 (D | E)
hi
one day iwas in may classroom i want to speak with may teacher in order to say "miss" i said " mama" it was so funny

Re: Funny mistakes in English from cezel18, posted on 01-07-2010 at 05:27:43 (D | E)
it was not me who made the mistake but my student.
i gave him a set of pictures which is about james bond.. he has to make a story out of the pictures shown...
the situation was a woman was sitting at the table and james bond was at the other table... i asked the student what james bond was doing there. and this his story....
james bond was trying to get the woman's attention by asking her some questions like, hey what took you here? are you alone? what's your name? can i have your phone number?
then i interrupted and added one question: ARE YOU STILL A VIRGIN? the student answered: NO!
LOL... the question was for the woman not for my student...

Re: Funny mistakes in English from babat, posted on 01-07-2010 at 17:58:09 (D | E)
A few months ago I said to the English teacher "I want to make headline" instead of " I want to make headway"(faire des progrès)

Re: Funny mistakes in English from wincoller, posted on 02-07-2010 at 12:06:03 (D | E)
I like there . After I read your guys stories, I am happy and I am learning. I like it. But when it comes to myself, I can't remember angthing. Maybe the funnist mistakes I've made is that I point one of my classmate who is a boy said that she is ...

Re: Funny mistakes in English from cat88, posted on 04-07-2010 at 11:58:02 (D | E)
Hello,everyone.When I was having an important examination for promotion,I was very nervous.And my topic is "transportation",I said to the examiners that"Sometimes I went to places by airport".Yeah,I felt very embarrassed.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from djemor, posted on 04-07-2010 at 14:50:23 (D | E)
the funniest mistake i ever made is when i first visited liverpool(England) the accent is very strong over there. someone asked me:"what is your name?" but i rather understood "wash your name". i was astonished. please don't make that kind of mistake and be careful when you are listening.

-------------------
Edited by djemor on 04-07-2010 14:59

Re: Funny mistakes in English from djrg, posted on 04-07-2010 at 15:59:17 (D | E)
Once in Spain, a friend of mine asked me "Where is your gay-friend?", I get confused, she repeated it a few times before I understood she meant "Where is your girlfriend?"

Re: Funny mistakes in English from shirley_101, posted on 08-07-2010 at 04:08:59 (D | E)
There were so many mistakes when i was an English beginner. But I can not recall the funny ones at this moment. It is so good for us to learn from our mistakes

Re: Funny mistakes in English from goodteam, posted on 09-07-2010 at 11:43:32 (D | E)
Yes, that is right.Especially to the ones english is not their native language.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from linausa, posted on 09-07-2010 at 21:16:19 (D | E)
Really I enjoy read these mistakes, but don't worry friends. I think we all have mistakes in many things, and more in the language English when we are learning. bye for now.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from julieyang, posted on 19-07-2010 at 12:01:05 (D | E)
Hello,everyone! A new coming here! Like here very much!

Re: Funny mistakes in English from bauer-1987, posted on 20-07-2010 at 09:44:40 (D | E)
very funny,haha

Re: Funny mistakes in English from panos_goo, posted on 23-07-2010 at 09:51:01 (D | E)
When I had an English class.I said to my teacher:"I want to be a cooker."
Then my classmates laughed loudly.
I didn't know what they laugh.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from teisha, posted on 24-07-2010 at 15:14:05 (D | E)
in office i had made a premature payment and when i was telling this to my colleauges i used immature instead of premature and everybody laughed at me a lot and i felt ashamed

Re: Funny mistakes in English from maben, posted on 25-07-2010 at 09:34:28 (D | E)
hello,everybody! Good afternoon!
when i learnt english ,"long time no see" was always said by me.
my teacher criticised me seriously .but today it has become popular .

Re: Funny mistakes in English from heptagon, posted on 29-07-2010 at 18:08:26 (D | E)
My experience is funny.Once in an English test,I didn't have enough time so I wrote the composition in a hurry.Later,my teacher told me:"I'v looked up 3 dictionaries,but can't find the first word you wrote in your composition."I found what I wrote done was 'Doday',but actually I wanted to write'Today'.

All my classmates laughed to death...

Re: Funny mistakes in English from aytasha, posted on 30-07-2010 at 08:52:02 (D | E)
Hello all. i want to share with you what mistake have i made in english. it was yesterday at english lesson. we were talking about regular and irregular verbs. i spoke about regular verbs and now it's time to speak about irregular verbs
and Aytasha said irregular verb changes from by the root. all auditorium laughed at me of course i laughed at myself too. because every time when i make a mistake i laugh at myself. i think it is normal to make a mistake. person makes a mistake in his native language it is normal to make a mistake in the second language.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from lamy, posted on 30-07-2010 at 12:24:58 (D | E)
hello everyone

It happened a few years ago. It was an exercise for my pupils. They received a letter to a hotel with words in random order. They had to rearrange the sentences in the correct order.
The words were: balcony / room / I / book / double / would like / with / and / my / a / to / husband/ a /.
I expected: My husband and I would like to book a double room with a balcony.
I got this: I would like to book a room with a balcony and a double husband.

Re: Funny mistakes in English from yacout, posted on 31-07-2010 at 23:39:58 (D | E)
hello,
My funniest mistake in English when I say I'm a good cooker

Re: Funny mistakes in English from yanghao19951, posted on 03-08-2010 at 07:27:57 (D | E)

Hi,guys.
I remembered that I had my first English course when I was at primary school.I was so shy and I always hid in the corner. My face turned red quickly as soon as the teacher asked me to answer some questions.So my teacher sometimes let me stand up and listen someone else up.My English teacher is called Mrs Su. She is also very young.Because of her experience, my English hand writing has been improving more and more quickly.It's funny that I usually makes mistakes in pronunciation.For example,I can't distinguish the pronunciation differences between'money' and ' monkey'.Ah~

Re: Funny mistakes in English from yanghao19951, posted on 03-08-2010 at 07:36:55 (D | E)

Write back: Panos Goo

I have made the same problem as you .It's so interesting at that time ,my classmates were all laughing.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< English only
Page 4 / 5 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | End | Bottom

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux